South Park 26% (15)
The Simpsons 21% (12)
King of the Hill 9% (5)
Family Guy 28% (16)
Drawn Togther 3% (2)
Futurama 14% (8)
poll77
3/5/07 12:55:20AM
I'm watching South Park right now thought it'd be a good idea (as dumb as it may be) to post this thread/poll.
Northrend
3/5/07 2:13:54AM
south park for me

but drawn together under rated (makes me laugh really hard everytime i watch it)
TonyDanza
3/5/07 2:15:50AM
Hehe watchin the same thing as you atm , I'd say Simpsons from the mid 90's till 2000 , but now id say South Park.
poll77
3/5/07 2:17:09AM

Posted by Northrend

south park for me

but drawn together under rated (makes me laugh really hard everytime i watch it)

drawn together is hilarious, its sad that most people dont even know what it is
crimethinc
3/5/07 2:27:37AM
The Simpsons ruled television in the mid 90's. I just saw a trailer for the Simpsons Movie which is finally coming out after 18 years. I've never laughed at any cartoon like I did the first 3 seasons of Family Guy. But the one that has been consistently funny through it's entire run is South Park. Matt Stone and Trey Parker are geniuses. If you've never seen Cannibal: The Musical you should check it out. Matt and Trey made the movie in college before there even was such a thing as South Park.
mrsumo
3/5/07 5:07:21AM
Family guys ko's all other night time cartoons. Stewie is the shit.
Conebone69
3/5/07 9:42:17AM
Family Guy is garbage now. All their jokes go something like this. "Yeah like that one time...." or "Remember the last time you..." and then they show a flashback.

My rankings...

1. The Simpsons
2. South Park
3. Futurama
4. King of the Hill
5. Sealab 2021
6. Family Guy
7. Aqua Teen Hunger Force
8. 3 South (1 Season of magic, sadly)
9. Home Movies
10. Space Ghost Coast to Coast

I don't like Drawn Together.

You could probably count Tom Goes to the Mayor as an animated show too.
madmarck
3/5/07 9:44:31AM
Family guy is #1
But simpsons was the best for a long while.
American Dad should be on that list instead of drawn togehter.
Stickan
3/5/07 10:09:24AM
Can't believe Southpark only got 2 votes including mine. Love simpsons too but Southpark makes me cry out of laughter.

One scene that still cracks me up just thinking about it in Simpsons is when the "camera" is scrolling through this polluted area with smoke everywhere and ends up focusing on this huge factory with a big sign "Smoke Factory" on it. Classic.
Rush
3/24/07 10:14:05PM
I voted Family Guy, but I really like the animated Tick
Infused
3/25/07 2:17:54AM
Futurama!

I can't wati until they make some new Episodes
mrblonde55
3/26/07 12:14:31PM
Simpsons during the 90's up until about 2000-2001 was the best/funniest show on TV. Now I would have to go with Family Guy although it isn't as funny as it was when it first came out.
Ydoc
3/26/07 12:35:17PM

Posted by Conebone69

Family Guy is garbage now. All their jokes go something like this. "Yeah like that one time...." or "Remember the last time you..." and then they show a flashback.

My rankings...

1. The Simpsons
2. South Park
3. Futurama
4. King of the Hill
5. Sealab 2021
6. Family Guy
7. Aqua Teen Hunger Force
8. 3 South (1 Season of magic, sadly)
9. Home Movies
10. Space Ghost Coast to Coast

I don't like Drawn Together.

You could probably count Tom Goes to the Mayor as an animated show too.

I like the cut of your gib. Home Movies was awesome... I try to fit "I peed in coach McGuirk's cantine" into everyday conversations. Went with King of the Hill though, think it captures southern people in a way that promotes their good values while still poking some fun. Just a good show that always has common sense prevailing in a world without it.

If I was to do a timeline of my favorite cartoons, it'd be like Simpsons 90-96, King of the Hill 97-99, Futurama 00-2, Southpark 03-05, and currently American Dad is running away with it. Doesn't mean the others aren't in the mix, just that right now that show is the one to beat. Family Guy is way too inconsistent to have ever been considered my favorite cartoon for any given time.
ffforgottenx
3/26/07 12:50:59PM
south park.. no doubt.. its always funny..
i agree with whoever said the first three seasons of family guy.. after that, it just got kind of stale.. still good (to me), but not as funny.. south park takes the cake very much
iwannabesedated
4/1/07 7:27:56PM
south park all the way..then id have to say aqua teen hunger force.....im not a big family guy fan...i never really watched it when it first came out and then i seen the south park episode with the manatee and the idea balls....that pretty much killed it for me...family guy is ok went its not based around peter and all the cutayway scenes that take away from the plot....and the simpsons of course...gotta respect anyone who can keep it original after all these years
hippysmacker
4/1/07 7:29:04PM
I know it's not on the list, but I have to go with Beavis and Butthead
skiba97
4/2/07 12:47:03AM
South park is the funniest programme on tv
disorderlyvision
4/3/07 1:34:05AM
i voted south park, but i like aqua teen, and samaruai jack is awesome too
chentay2112
4/11/07 6:55:17PM
the simpsons is and always will be the number 1

the episode homerphobia where homer thinks bart is gay is the funniest thing i've ever seen
deadcore
4/11/07 10:18:15PM
beavis and butthead and ren and stimpy were good.
Mastodon2
4/12/07 9:33:47AM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

south park all the way..then id have to say aqua teen hunger force.....im not a big family guy fan...i never really watched it when it first came out and then i seen the south park episode with the manatee and the idea balls....that pretty much killed it for me...family guy is ok went its not based around peter and all the cutayway scenes that take away from the plot....and the simpsons of course...gotta respect anyone who can keep it original after all these years

Yeah that episode of SP was stupid and fasicious, they are just annoyed because they are running out of ideas while Family Guy rocks on.

Seth MacFarlane's response to the SP creators was a gem, he totally made fools of them and left them no room for a comeback

""You're wondering to yourselves: what can I expect from the outside world? Will I find my niche? What should I know about the vast territory that lies beyond the confines of my little subculture of textbooks, Ramen noodles, coin-operated laundry and TV shows that seem to think they can skate by with random jokes about giant chickens that have absolutely nothing to do with the overall narrative? The boys at South Park are absolutely correct: Those cutaways and flashbacks have nothing to do with the story! They're just there to be ... funny. And that is a shallow indulgence that South Park is quite above, and for that I salute them.""

Family Guy is the best animated show on TV atm, Beavis and Butthead was awesome, King of the Hill is great too.
deadcore
4/12/07 2:58:21PM
I like King of the Hill too. I've always wished that Mike Judge would have Beavis and Butthead show up once in awhile to cause some havoc. I know he hates doing there voices because they hurt his throat but he should do it one time at least. Would be funny as hell.
The_Metal_Maniac
4/12/07 6:29:24PM
O My God!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
seazer
4/14/07 4:18:37PM
I like most of the shows on that poll, but I gotta go with South Park.
Fanboy 1988
4/19/07 11:42:21AM
It was a close pick between Futurama or King of the Hill for me. I love both shows and watch them everychance I get. In the end I'd give a small edge to King of the Hill though.
iwannabesedated
5/20/07 5:32:12PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Yeah that episode of SP was stupid and fasicious, they are just annoyed because they are running out of ideas while Family Guy rocks on.

Seth MacFarlane's response to the SP creators was a gem, he totally made fools of them and left them no room for a comeback

""You're wondering to yourselves: what can I expect from the outside world? Will I find my niche? What should I know about the vast territory that lies beyond the confines of my little subculture of textbooks, Ramen noodles, coin-operated laundry and TV shows that seem to think they can skate by with random jokes about giant chickens that have absolutely nothing to do with the overall narrative? The boys at South Park are absolutely correct: Those cutaways and flashbacks have nothing to do with the story! They're just there to be ... funny. And that is a shallow indulgence that South Park is quite above, and for that I salute them.""

Family Guy is the best animated show on TV atm, Beavis and Butthead was awesome, King of the Hill is great too.

Thats a Lame Rebuttal from a guy whose been Criticized by pretty much every writing staff in the Business..Kevin Smith the simpsons staff trey and matt amongst others..all have criticized about how poorly written and drawn family guy is..and the point to have cutaways to just add humor and have nothing to do with a plot is sign that.well...your not a very good writer if your plots cant be funny and have a good angle to them..South park owns family guy.Family guy reminds me of american pie..this one time at band camp...hey u remember the time...its just not funny to me.South park is great because they make fun of evreything and its fun to make fun of everything and tackle many subjects in pop culture like they do so well.
rcg916
5/20/07 5:56:48PM
Toss up between Family Guy and King of the Hill... The Simpsons obviously gets huge props for longevity...
Stickan
5/20/07 6:54:50PM
That reminds me... I gotta go see Simpsons the movie!

Family guy is getting kinda old... already. "Just like that time when I..." isn't working anymore. Neither is the high speed violence scenes that used to make you laugh out of shock.
Best thing about Family Guy is Mila Kunis... I just wish you could see her too
. That's what's so great about That 70´s show.

SP never gets old. Not when you're pretty much in love with the characters.
shackle
5/20/07 7:11:11PM
Family guy.... is by far the best show!

I don't think south park is near as funny(but the both have there good/bad shows). The rest are sub par shows nothing too great.

GLEN FTW! alllllllllllll right!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
szucconi
5/22/07 11:47:50AM
All these shows are great (Drawn together is alright, but not in the same class), but what makes Futurama the best is that it never gets old. You can watch every episode and it stays awesome. The same can't be said for south park and family guy. The first time you see each episode its often funnier the futurama, but they get old after the first few times you see them. That is the reason DVD sales for futurama are strong and it is coming back on the air. The simpsons are great, but I don't know if they get old. There are just to meny episodes for me to have watched them enough to get old. Futurama beats the simpsons because it has more adult themed humor jokes. (the term humor jokes is not a typo, it if from my favorite non-animated tv show)

I love king of the hill. It is great. There is nothing anyone can say bad about king of the hill without me calling them a lier.
Pages: [1] 2