Best album of 2012

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Best album of 2012
UFC_Fanatic
12/22/12 8:21:40AM
With the year coming to a close, I was wondering what those of you out there who are huge music enthusiasts like myself, felt was the best album of the year.
For me personally, of all the cds that I've bought or downloaded that came out this year I'd have to say without a doubt far and away the best is Stone Sour's the House of Gold and Bones part 1. I have almost 400 cds, and I can say with almost 100% certainty that I don't know that I've ever listened to an entire album all the way through beginning to end as much I have this one. Imo it may very well be the best overall album that Corey Taylor has been a part of between slipknot and stone sour. I'm a fan of both bands, but this album blew me away. As a concept album, each song led flawlessly into the next. If you read the little booklet that comes with the cd then listen to cd again, you can really see and feel how the main character, whom I believe is simply named The Human, feels, and what he is seeing as the story progresses. I can't wait for the conclusion to the story of House of Gold and Bones when part 2 comes out early next year. It is an amazing cd and I'd recommend it to fans of modern hard rock.

I'd have to say my runner up is either the new Three Days Grace cd: Transit of Venus, or Halestorm's newest cd The Strange Case Of...

Honorable mentions: Shinedowns Amaryllis, and Matchbox Twenty's newest cd North. The new Aerosmith cd isn't half bad either imo.
MMAcca
12/22/12 9:15:39AM
FastKnockout
12/22/12 11:27:49AM
Evans Blue - Graveyard of Empires
10 Years - Minus The Machine
Papa Roach - The Connection

Bubbles
12/22/12 4:31:39PM
I love Halestorm and that album is my pick.

Shinedown is one of my favourite bands but I was kind of let down by their new album. I'm sort of jaded by 3DG but that was a decent album. Evans Blue is an underrated band that deserves recognition. Flyleaf's "New Horizons," Sister Sin's "Now and Forever," are pretty good also. Offspring's "Days Go By" and Stone Sour's "House of Gold & Bones" imo gets an honourable mention.

on the other hand Van Halen's "A Different Kind of Truth," Our Lady Peace's "Curve," and Rush's "Clockwork Angels" were disappointing. I would assume all 3 of Greenday's were too.

I still need to listen to Soundgarden's new album, anyone have feedback on it?
ChrisSabal
12/22/12 6:28:04PM
The 2 new albums I like the most this year are Babel and Ill Manors so they have my vote.
tcunningham
12/22/12 8:22:23PM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

With the year coming to a close, I was wondering what those of you out there who are huge music enthusiasts like myself, felt was the best album of the year.
For me personally, of all the cds that I've bought or downloaded that came out this year I'd have to say without a doubt far and away the best is Stone Sour's the House of Gold and Bones part 1. I have almost 400 cds, and I can say with almost 100% certainty that I don't know that I've ever listened to an entire album all the way through beginning to end as much I have this one. Imo it may very well be the best overall album that Corey Taylor has been a part of between slipknot and stone sour. I'm a fan of both bands, but this album blew me away. As a concept album, each song led flawlessly into the next. If you read the little booklet that comes with the cd then listen to cd again, you can really see and feel how the main character, whom I believe is simply named The Human, feels, and what he is seeing as the story progresses. I can't wait for the conclusion to the story of House of Gold and Bones when part 2 comes out early next year. It is an amazing cd and I'd recommend it to fans of modern hard rock.

I'd have to say my runner up is either the new Three Days Grace cd: Transit of Venus, or Halestorm's newest cd The Strange Case Of...

Honorable mentions: Shinedowns Amaryllis, and Matchbox Twenty's newest cd North. The new Aerosmith cd isn't half bad either imo.

the stone sour album is pretty damn good. i cant think of may other bands that have had anything really good this year so i think i'll go with stone sour also.
Khaos
12/22/12 10:56:37PM
Deftones' Koi No Yokan. Runner up: Every time I die's Ex Lives.
UFC_Fanatic
12/23/12 4:18:10AM

Posted by Bubbles

I love Halestorm and that album is my pick.

Shinedown is one of my favourite bands but I was kind of let down by their new album. I'm sort of jaded by 3DG but that was a decent album. Evans Blue is an underrated band that deserves recognition. Flyleaf's "New Horizons," Sister Sin's "Now and Forever," are pretty good also. Offspring's "Days Go By" and Stone Sour's "House of Gold & Bones" imo gets an honourable mention.

on the other hand Van Halen's "A Different Kind of Truth," Our Lady Peace's "Curve," and Rush's "Clockwork Angels" were disappointing. I would assume all 3 of Greenday's were too.

I still need to listen to Soundgarden's new album, anyone have feedback on it?

I just bought soundgardens new album today, but I haven't got to give it s listen yet. I intend to give it a good listen later after work.

And I've loved halestorm ever since I saw them live for the first time back in 2008. They are pretty good live. If you get the chance I would recommend going.
Bubbles
12/23/12 12:21:06PM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic
And I've loved halestorm ever since I saw them live for the first time back in 2008. They are pretty good live. If you get the chance I would recommend going.

I was supposed to see them at Uproar Fest a couple years ago when they toured with Stone Sour, Avenged Sevenfold, and Disturbed. What normally would take about an hour to drive and park took 2h and I missed their set. I was so pissed that I couldn't fully enjoy Stone Sour's set I fully plan on seeing them next time they are in town though
UFC_Fanatic
12/23/12 5:48:03PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

I was supposed to see them at Uproar Fest a couple years ago when they toured with Stone Sour, Avenged Sevenfold, and Disturbed. What normally would take about an hour to drive and park took 2h and I missed their set. I was so pissed that I couldn't fully enjoy Stone Sour's set I fully plan on seeing them next time they are in town though

I've seen stone sour and avenged sevenfold live once each, and they were both great live. Stone Sour is probably in my top five, possibly even top 3 for live acts I've seen. I wasn't a fan of Avenged Sevenfold prior to seeing them live but their performance totally changed my opinion of them. And I'm so freaking envious of you right now. Lucky bastard getting to see my favorite band, Disturbed live. Everyone I know that has seen them live says they're amazing live. Now their on a hiatus, so god knows when/if I'll ever get a chance to see them live again.
Bubbles
12/23/12 7:51:28PM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic
I've seen stone sour and avenged sevenfold live once each, and they were both great live. Stone Sour is probably in my top five, possibly even top 3 for live acts I've seen. I wasn't a fan of Avenged Sevenfold prior to seeing them live but their performance totally changed my opinion of them. And I'm so freaking envious of you right now. Lucky bastard getting to see my favorite band, Disturbed live. Everyone I know that has seen them live says they're amazing live. Now their on a hiatus, so god knows when/if I'll ever get a chance to see them live again.

A7X is in my top 5 live acts...they outperformed Disturbed that night imo (and at the time Disturbed was my favourite band). I've seen them twice and both were great shows. Stone Sour was good, even with my foul mood, but they are not in the top 10 that I have seen. If you ever get a chance to see Rammstein, pay the price for floor tickets. By far the most epic thing I have ever witnessed live
UFC_Fanatic
12/23/12 8:48:18PM
i would love to see Rammstein live. I've been wanting to see them forever, but I've never been looking for concerts to go to during a time they were touring the states. I'd have to say the best live act I've seen was Volbeat. I saw them earlier this year and they blew my mind. I now know why they have won and been nominated for so many awards for best live act over in europe.

I'd have to say my top five live acts I've seen would be
Volbeat, Five Finger Death Punch, Stone Sour, Alice Cooper, then either avenged sevenfold or Saliva. I can say that if you ever get the chance to see Seether live, I would just stay at home. Probably the worst live band I've seen.
Bubbles
12/23/12 9:03:08PM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

i would love to see Rammstein live. I've been wanting to see them forever, but I've never been looking for concerts to go to during a time they were touring the states. I'd have to say the best live act I've seen was Volbeat. I saw them earlier this year and they blew my mind. I now know why they have won and been nominated for so many awards for best live act over in europe.

I'd have to say my top five live acts I've seen would be
Volbeat, Five Finger Death Punch, Stone Sour, Alice Cooper, then either avenged sevenfold or Saliva. I can say that if you ever get the chance to see Seether live, I would just stay at home. Probably the worst live band I've seen.

I disagree, I thought Seether was pretty good last year at Uproar Fest. Red Jumpsuit Apparatus was the worst band I have ever seen (opened for Godsmack). I missed Volbeat at Heavy TO....so pissed as they are one of the bands I can listen all day and night, every album, and not get tired of it.

My top 5: Rammstein, Apocalyptica, A7X, and a tie between Disturbed, Rush, Within Temptation and Motley Crue.

I love how we strayed from best album to best concerts