Which UFC 95 KO was the best???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Which UFC 95 KO was the best???
NatedawgThaM
2/22/09 2:28:49AM
Their were tons of KO's tonight and I loved every last one and don't argue with any cuz most of the fights were stopped very fast, quicker then usual but none were bad IMO.

Which one did you feel was the best?

I personally think the Kos was a good one because that type is always good, the unexpected. And Nate DEFINITELY had the coolest stoppage with the GREATEST IMO 3 strike combo I have ever SEEN in MMA!!! The head kick, spinning back fist, and punch!!! Sick sick!!!

But the best KO imo was the Per Ukland one. He got KTFO!!! That one was vicious as hell and the only one I don't think was stopped faster then usual. That was sick, he was out cold no question about it!!! Very sick!!!
EvenFlow
2/22/09 2:32:15AM
Best one was Etim's on Cobb, that was one of the sickest head kick KO in the UFC.
jiujitsufreak74
2/22/09 2:40:30AM
Dunham's because if how hard Eklund hit the mat
gartface
2/22/09 2:42:34AM
Dan Hardy's was probably my favorite. The crowd was getting restless, him and Markham were just exchanging, he ducked a little got tagged slightly missed with one and then just dropped him in one punch.

Nate's was amazing though, that was an incredible combination, and that cut that he gave Wilson with that one knee...nasty!
billycarnage
2/22/09 3:36:51AM
with everything you said.
Nate was so close to finishing him at the end of the second I was out of my seat. I didn't want it to go to decision. Gouveia was always a threat and very impressive but that knee was perfect! The combo was sick too even though he didn't land much.
Are we gonna see Marquardt vs Maia?
I love how no one is giving Leites a chance. Its always who's gonna fight Anderson next instead of who gets the winner. ...funny.
Pookie
2/22/09 3:39:43AM
I have to give it to Junior Dos Santos.

You could literally hear every shot that landed. It was a beautiful sight.
fizzle
2/22/09 4:07:19AM

Posted by Pookie

Can't agree more, Dos Santos was under the microscope to see if lightning could indeed strike twice and Junior proved it can and it will, whats more, It DID!
cmill21
2/22/09 5:11:55AM

Posted by fizzle

Posted by Pookie

Can't agree more, Dos Santos was under the microscope to see if lightning could indeed strike twice and Junior proved it can and it will, whats more, It DID!

Proved what? He can beat a newb?
Pookie
2/22/09 5:35:13AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by fizzle

Posted by Pookie

Proved what? He can beat a newb?

He can beat someone who stands in front of him. in the UFC's heavyweight division thats kind of a big deal
MMAcca
2/22/09 6:21:02AM
It had to be Dan Hardy's for me.

Nothing like a one punch KO to prove you belong in the UFC.

Two impressive wins for Dan now
Pookie
2/22/09 6:24:38AM

Posted by MMAcca

I had much faith in Markham's Goulet level chin failing on him.
Aaronno9
2/22/09 8:11:24AM
Hardys. Havent seen Etim or Eklund yet ill check em out later but Hardys was so sick.
theguido
2/22/09 8:19:38AM
Even though it was a TKO not a KO the way Nate put Wilson away was the most exciting to me he just put the heat on till Wilson couldn't hang any more he did a great job of mixing it up for the finish
Khaos
2/22/09 8:19:40AM
Overall I think it was Paulo KO'ing Kos, I mean really who saw that coming, on a personal level though, I would choose Marquardt's.
postman
2/22/09 8:59:27AM
At first glance I was going to say Hardy but after reading the thread I 'm not sure. Great event for sure.
madmaltese
2/22/09 9:12:28AM
Really hard to pick with so many great KOs but it would probably have to be Thiago KOing Kos because it came out of nowhere and i cant stand Koscheck. Nate's combination was unbelievable though!
kopower
2/22/09 9:29:36AM
I think we all can agree there were many sick ko's of the night. My memory isn't too great but how long has it been since there has been talk like this and back and forth on what was the ko of the night? Usually its just a couple but on this card there were several. This turned out to be a one of the greatest cards of finishes, and over half the fighters aren't even household names.
PABLOMAFIOSO
2/22/09 10:02:32AM
Eklund got dropped the worst FOSHO!
gsquat
2/22/09 10:22:30AM
P. Thiago's was most impressive for me because he caught on to Kos's repitition quickly. When Kos would throw his overhand right he'd put his head way down. Thiago threw the uppercut perfectly and followed it up with a "stupid slap". I think he's someone to watch out for. Not necessarily for his strikes but submissions. Anyone think he looks like a creepy, demented Maia?
prozacnation1978
2/22/09 10:22:47AM
talk about "let the bodies hit the floor"

great ko's i think the best was dan hardy followed by paulo
copcopps
2/22/09 10:29:53AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by MMAcca

I had much faith in Markham's Goulet level chin failing on him.

I agree although he's still one of my favorite fighters and UFC material I really hope he can learn more things aside from just punching because of that

Thiago over Koscheck was sweetest
tmas
2/22/09 11:24:43AM
either Etim or Hardy, all were good though.
Franklinfan47
2/22/09 11:27:14AM
My personal favorite was Thiago over Koschek just because I have never really like Koschek and watching him get knocked down a couple begs made me smile. War Paulo Thiago
soundboy1
2/22/09 11:52:54AM
I thought there were a couple of early stoppages.........Kos, and the dos santos fight could have gone a little bit longer. They weren't that early but I felt the fights could have gone a bit longer
hymiekooken
2/22/09 1:38:41PM
Dan Hardy---man I am happy for that guy.To go out in front of your home crowd and end a fight with one punch, Dan Hardy is on top of the world right now....
But, Etim's head kick did it for me. Man, Etim looked good !!!
I love head kicks that land flush, and the one Etim threw landed about as flush as it gets, and it had some zip on it too !!
Go Terry !!!!
mrkennedy
2/22/09 6:24:03PM
Dan Hardy ko
gartface
2/22/09 6:32:07PM
Terry knocking him out with his toes was pretty sweet.
Pookie
2/22/09 7:05:15PM

Posted by gsquat

P. Thiago's was most impressive for me because he caught on to Kos's repitition quickly. When Kos would throw his overhand right he'd put his head way down. Thiago threw the uppercut perfectly and followed it up with a "stupid slap". I think he's someone to watch out for. Not necessarily for his strikes but submissions. Anyone think he looks like a creepy, demented Maia?

I was thinking more of a creepy, demented Mr. Bean
Wolfenstein
2/22/09 7:12:02PM
Dan Hardy for sure. I didn't even see the KO happen. I just saw Rory fall limp, and I was like...WTF just happened?! Sure enough in the replay he gets jacked up by a left hook. Dunham's was pretty impressive as well, but he had to finish it off with a few extra strikes for good measure.
higdon10
2/22/09 8:08:51PM
I have to go with Dan Hardy. That was a sick left hook.