Best KO ever

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best KO ever
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Khaos
11/1/07 5:44:26AM
Frank Shamrock vs Igor Zinoviev from UFC 16

Not only does he knock Igor out in 22 seconds by slam,he breaks Igor's collarbone,ending Zinoviev's career. Frank Shamrock ends Igor Zinoviev's career
tlangley
11/3/07 11:52:52PM

Posted by Khaos

Frank Shamrock vs Igor Zinoviev from UFC 16

Not only does he knock Igor out in 22 seconds by slam,he breaks Igor's collarbone,ending Zinoviev's career. Frank Shamrock ends Igor Zinoviev's career

yeah the results are good but it didn't look all the great, not like the power bomb slam Rampage did
The_Ho_Bag
11/10/07 10:22:13AM
zaga v cro-cop its in my profile =]
Canadian_32
11/12/07 12:32:26PM
cro cop vs wanderlei silva is mine
Khaos
11/14/07 1:01:48PM
Chris Leben vs Mike Swick is another great KO
thepope
11/15/07 1:19:13PM
They may not be the best of MMA fighters but I think that Scott Smith knocking Pete Cell out was probably one of the best knockouts that I have ever seen not to mention one of the coolest mma momments I have seen.

Check out the part 2 video on this site it is pretty sick.

http://mmafightvideos.blogspot.com/2007/10/scott-smith-vs-pete-sell-best-ending-to.html
mmaboi23
11/25/07 2:15:26AM
Anderson Silva VS Fryklund should be in their somewhere
SexPanther
11/27/07 5:29:49PM
i dont think anything touches baroni vs. menne.

Baroni landed like 12 direct punches in the span of like 2 seconds and menne was out cold on his feet.
CactusBob
11/28/07 4:48:52PM
Rampage vs Arona was probably the most spectacular in the way it was accomplished, but it was expected the way Rampage was setting it up.

One worth a mention is Buentello Arlovski, that was just such a shock to see, no idea that was coming so soon in the fight.
stickyhash421
11/28/07 9:27:31PM
i like rashad's KO on salmon
stickyhash421
11/29/07 11:12:37PM

Posted by Unkoman

Wandy vs. Rampage

which time? hahaha
SexPanther
11/29/07 11:17:30PM
id go with the second time when wandy lays page out and sends him hanging off the bottom rope with blood gushing out of his face completely out.
tylerlee123
12/1/07 12:36:07PM
I would definately go for Pete Sell vs Scott Smith that was the sickest knockout ever, also Goodridge vs Herrara is a close second
thisbeme
12/3/07 4:04:54PM
Pete Williams vs Mark Coleman

Tank vs Matua
mrkennedy
12/17/07 5:10:58PM
Rashad Evans vs Sean Salmon

how salmon fall that was awesome and very brutal
Webbie
12/20/07 2:44:08PM
If we’re talking out the fighter on the receiving end being rendered completely unconscious, I think I might have to go with Azeredo/Gomi I. It was just a beautiful combination, and Azeredo was out.

Rampage’s slam on Arona didn’t KO Arona, it was the headbutt, so that one doesn’t count IMO. It looked great, but if there were no headbutt I don’t think there would’ve been a KO either, at least without some hard punches.

Hellboy Hansen’s knee on Imanari was nuts, but Imanari wasn’t out by any means, he just didn’t want no more of Hansen. The sound of Hansen’s knee hitting the side of his face was just crazy. I’ve never seen his knee KO of Caol Uno or his KO of Azeredo (I’m assuming was from a knee as well), but I’m betting both of those were pretty nasty.

There’s been too many great knockouts to name just one the GOAT, though. Cro Cop’s many knockouts were great. Aleksander Emelianenko’s KO of Ricardo Morais was definitely one of my favorites. “Mach” Sakurai’s KO of Danzig at PRIDE 33 was great.

I could go on and on, really, but I’ll stop right here. There’s just too many great knockouts.
cmill21
12/20/07 3:45:25PM
No words just...
Purge
12/24/07 6:51:12PM
Gonzaga beating Cro cop, the only thing more painful than Mirko's twisted leg was the irony.
chris_leben_rules
12/31/07 1:30:57AM
James Irvin vs. Hector Ramirez

another good one was the Koppenhaver vs Rollins fight
Believe-in-judo81
12/31/07 12:18:22PM
Peep the M-1 Yarenoka card, and watch the Misaki/Akiyama fight. Don't blink the finish will almost floor you. Hell I think I might have to give it a spot on my list somewhere.
monogl
1/2/08 10:04:59PM
Goodridge-Herrera still can't be topped in my eyes but the Rampage-Arona KO is insane and yea yea yea we've heard the headbutt thing a thousand times but would they have butted heads if it wasnt for that slam?
nhs1126
1/3/08 9:15:00AM
I would say that rampage-arona would be the best KO

honerable mention to Irvin-martin with the flying knee
FeelTheJoy
1/4/08 3:28:23AM
gonzaga vs cro cop
gsquat
1/10/08 5:23:09PM

Sorry. Not even CC's kicks were as perfectly timed or hit as flush as this.
cmill21
1/10/08 5:34:06PM

Posted by gsquat

Sorry. Not even CC's kicks were as perfectly timed or hit as flush as this.

I just want to point out that the ideal place to land a head kick isn't on the face, where Rashads landed. Not saying I didn't love it, just you want to hit the side of the jaw ala cro cop on Igor and not on the face.
gsquat
1/10/08 5:54:29PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by roadking95th

One that stands out to me is Patrick Smith vs Scott Morris. Up until that point, it was the most brutal thing I ever saw on TV.

After that event, BJM actually said he'd never officiate another UFC fight if they didn't allow him the ability to stop the fights, rather than have to wait on a tap out or corner throwing the towel. And yeah, it was pretty damn brutal.

My favorite KO ever is from K-1. I forget who, but someone headkicks Cro-cop, and he picks up an imaginary telephone, holds it to his head, and falls over.

Thats hilarious. I can't seem to find it though. Anyone know who the other person was?
cmill21
1/10/08 6:33:56PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by roadking95th

One that stands out to me is Patrick Smith vs Scott Morris. Up until that point, it was the most brutal thing I ever saw on TV.

After that event, BJM actually said he'd never officiate another UFC fight if they didn't allow him the ability to stop the fights, rather than have to wait on a tap out or corner throwing the towel. And yeah, it was pretty damn brutal.

My favorite KO ever is from K-1. I forget who, but someone headkicks Cro-cop, and he picks up an imaginary telephone, holds it to his head, and falls over.

Thats hilarious. I can't seem to find it though. Anyone know who the other person was?

That acctually wasn't Cro Cop lol. That was Peter Aerts on Rob van Esdonk.

Link to the HK
gsquat
1/11/08 3:45:19PM
Was anyone else concerned for the life of Jordan Radev when he fought Drew McFedries? Did you see how solid those monster hooks landed? And right on his jaw nonetheless.
Pookie
1/15/08 10:39:35PM

Posted by Webbie

If we’re talking out the fighter on the receiving end being rendered completely unconscious, I think I might have to go with Azeredo/Gomi I. It was just a beautiful combination, and Azeredo was out.

Rampage’s slam on Arona didn’t KO Arona, it was the headbutt, so that one doesn’t count IMO. It looked great, but if there were no headbutt I don’t think there would’ve been a KO either, at least without some hard punches.

Hellboy Hansen’s knee on Imanari was nuts, but Imanari wasn’t out by any means, he just didn’t want no more of Hansen. The sound of Hansen’s knee hitting the side of his face was just crazy. I’ve never seen his knee KO of Caol Uno or his KO of Azeredo (I’m assuming was from a knee as well), but I’m betting both of those were pretty nasty.

There’s been too many great knockouts to name just one the GOAT, though. Cro Cop’s many knockouts were great. Aleksander Emelianenko’s KO of Ricardo Morais was definitely one of my favorites. “Mach” Sakurai’s KO of Danzig at PRIDE 33 was great.

I could go on and on, really, but I’ll stop right here. There’s just too many great knockouts.

The most forceful slam in the history of MMA didnt knock out arona, and yet a headbutt did?
Since when does a lower forehead to mouth coliision end up knocking someone out, cold?

Thats a little Ridiculous wouldnt you say?
loller90278
1/16/08 2:55:19AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Webbie

The most forceful slam in the history of MMA didnt knock out arona, and yet a headbutt did?
Since when does a lower forehead to mouth coliision end up knocking someone out, cold?

Thats a little Ridiculous wouldnt you say?

a lower forehead to mouth collision ends up knocking someone out cold when they come in contact with such a force as rampage picking you up and dropping his head onto your face with all his might
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10