Benoist vs Baczynski

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Benoist vs Baczynski
KungFuMaster
6/9/12 12:57:42AM
It was like watching my favorite basketball team trailing by 20 points with 5 minutes to go.

I picked Bacynski and I'm grateful for this gimme but I actually thought Benoist won. I felt he landed more and held dominant positions for longer periods than Bacynski.

frizzzlecake
6/9/12 1:00:29AM
I though Seth one two rounds. He would have won in a more dominate fashion if he didn't drop for a choke and gave up position. don't blame him though, he's a finisher!.
Twenty20Dollars
6/9/12 1:04:58AM
I didn't watch it with full interest, but it did seem like Seth was on his back a lot.

I don't think he won 30-27, like one judge had.

Junkie gave Seth the first 2 rounds narrowly and Lance the 3rd.
KungFuMaster
6/9/12 1:19:52AM
This was not a high profile fight and that's probably why it isn't getting any attention.

And I agree, it was a rather boring fight. Oh well, I'm happy for the points.
grappler0000
6/9/12 1:25:29AM
It was a close fight, but I'll have to watch it again, since I was multitasking at the time. Benoist did land more though...I do know that.
FastKnockout
6/9/12 1:33:21AM
I don't remember my exact scores but I thought Baczynski won by close decision.
prozacnation1978
6/9/12 2:32:20AM
I thought Seth lost
I got a gift since I picked Seth to win.
Can't tell u how many times I been on losing end of it
Twenty20Dollars
6/9/12 2:49:15AM
I wonder if it was one specific judge whose scores were different or spread out.

Rocha getting a 30-27

Seth getting a 30-27, actually that was Lance getting a 30-27 and Seth getting 2 - 29-28's

I just saw that Henry won a split decision instead of a UD, it was announced wrong.

But seemed on page with Grice/Pierson/MM/Roberts
infestructure
6/9/12 6:04:35AM
I wasn't really watching, I picked Benoist, but thought Seth had it in the bag
Budgellism
6/9/12 7:20:04AM
Seth won 2 rounds I thought. And he made the other round close. I wasn't impressed with Benoist.
Kpro
6/9/12 8:19:03AM
Benoist was out there point sparring it seemed like, had volume but just nothing on his punches from what I remember. I'll have to watch again, but he started fading in the third just like he did against Riddle. I thought Seth won 29-28 but I had him taking the first and third, not the first and second like Junkie. The prospect tag has been removed from Benoist in my eyes and considering they both lost on the same card, I could see a matchup with Hecht coming up next with the loser nearing the door.
sparky
6/9/12 11:04:10AM
Really close fight in my opinion but I thought Lance should of got the w
grappler0000
6/9/12 12:09:05PM
I doubt it's a big enough fight for them to do an in-depth report, but here are the raw numbers from Fightmetric:
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Kpro
6/9/12 12:59:51PM

Posted by grappler0000

I doubt it's a big enough fight for them to do an in-depth report, but here are the raw numbers from Fightmetric:

I don't know that I've ever seen someone only have 30% of their landed shots be signature strikes on fightmetric. That's crazy low. If he would've struck with more authority he would've won the decision easily. Just a case where 50 landed shots does more damage than 114. I had the sound off, I'm curious what each corner told their fighter after the 2nd.
grappler0000
6/9/12 1:29:44PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by grappler0000

I don't know that I've ever seen someone only have 30% of their landed shots be signature strikes on fightmetric. That's crazy low. If he would've struck with more authority he would've won the decision easily. Just a case where 50 landed shots does more damage than 114. I had the sound off, I'm curious what each corner told their fighter after the 2nd.

If you're referring to the 36%(total) by Seth, that's actually the percentage of significant strikes that landed vs sig strikes thrown. 70 of his 109 total strikes thrown were significant, so he was throwing heat with 64% of his punches, he just had a low success rate on them. Exactly half (25/50) of his "landed" strikes were significant.

If my math is right, he landed 64% (25/39) for unsig strikes, which would be much more accurate. Many of those punches are in close quarters though, which would explain the increase in accuracy, but not being significant.
Kpro
6/9/12 1:49:11PM
I was referring to Benoist landing 114 strikes and only 35 significant for a 30.7% clip. I can't think of another fight where someone landed over 100 strikes with that low of a % landed with any mustard on them.
grappler0000
6/9/12 2:06:04PM

Posted by Kpro

I was referring to Benoist landing 114 strikes and only 35 significant for a 30.7% clip. I can't think of another fight where someone landed over 100 strikes with that low of a % landed with any mustard on them.

Gotcha. Many of those strikes can just be the hammer fists while on top or softening strikes from the clinch. I don't think it was so much that he wasn't throwing heat while standing. Like when Chael buried his head in Anderson's chest and softened up his torso with punches...only 28% (89/320) of his landed punches in that fight were significant.
Kpro
6/9/12 2:23:52PM
"What do you do for a living?"

"I determine whether an MMA strike was significant or not."