Which WW Should BeNext In Line For Title Shot?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Which WW Should BeNext In Line For Title Shot?
POLL: Which WW Is Next In Line For Title Shot?
Karo Parysian 23% (11)
Jon Fitch 70% (33)
Marcus Davis 6% (3)
RMFG_187
3/22/08 3:13:29PM
Okay guys, this is the QUESTION.
Pookie
3/22/08 3:18:58PM
In all honesty davis isnt within 5 places of the next title shot.

I chose fitch, but would prefer to see karo fight fitch for the shot.
bullettdodger
3/22/08 3:35:37PM

Posted by Pookie

juanez13
3/22/08 4:28:10PM
i think Fitch deserves it more, but based on their latest opponents IMO Karo should get it. Granted that its not fitch's fault he got a nobody.
NatedawgThaM
3/22/08 5:11:34PM
Diego beat Karo, Fitch beat Diego. Fitch stopped Alves, and most likely if Karo wins it's going the distance.

Fitch stops fights, Karo does not. Fitch has a better record and has beat better opponents then Karo has. So Fitch definitely deserves the title shot next since he's on a crazy winning streak but I do agree I rather have them fight each other then to choose.

IMO Fitch would beat GSP, Karo, or Serra, I don't care who he fights for the title, I see Fitch beating them, but that's just me.
cmill21
3/22/08 5:16:02PM
My next WW fights are: Karo vs. Davis, Fitch vs. Gsp, and Serra vs. Hughes. This is all contigent on GSP winning, if that doesn't happen then i'll be to depressed to care lol.
Twenty20Dollars
3/22/08 5:31:46PM
pretty sure this has already been a topic about a hundred times it seems. It's already fitch, karo and davis have fights coming up and fitch just fought and won.
jiujitsufreak74
3/22/08 5:59:24PM
you haveno idea how close i was to picking Davis...but in reality i agree that he isn't too clse to a shot. if he wins against Swick he is about 2 fights away against top competition from a title shot. right now i am going with Fitch. it really sucks that his last victory was against someone who was not in the top 10 but he is still, imo, the one with the best resume. Joe Silva should really wake up and pit the top talent against eachother. then again if Karo wins against Thiago he should be in really good position for a title shot as well. Joe Silva should really make better match-ups for the title picture. i say Fitch vs Karo, Hughes vs Kos, Diego vs Lytle and Davis vs Thiago. i think those fights would put the WW division in a better place. but with the way the WW division is now i would have to say Fitch.
ohiostate1016
3/22/08 6:18:29PM

Posted by cmill21

My next WW fights are: Karo vs. Davis, Fitch vs. Gsp, and Serra vs. Hughes. This is all contigent on GSP winning, if that doesn't happen then i'll be to depressed to care lol.

That's exactly the matchups that I thought about when I was working on my UFN Preview.
Tein_Lung
3/22/08 8:29:26PM
dunno what is with the Davis nut-huggers on this forum but that guy is barely a top 10 and will never be a top 5....
tylerlee123
3/22/08 8:30:12PM
Karo and Fitch should definately fight to see who is next in line
GSPCanada
3/23/08 12:09:37AM
Fiitch and Parisyan should have happened at ufc 83, i agree that the matchmaking went wrong there don't really kno what the ufc was thinking there. It will take the ww champ will sit for too long if karo n fitch fight for the #1 contender. My theory is let davis n swick do what they want n the winner can break into the top ten, let fitch fight the champ (i will just assume gsp) and let karo fight koscheck, because a loss to gsp should not take a fighter out of the top 5, ofcourse if fitch wins n koscheck win i dont know what will end up happening cause swick, koc, n fitch all work under the same camp

and id like to see sanchez vs lytle that would be good
NatedawgThaM
3/23/08 12:29:19AM
The thing that sucks is Fitch and Karo won't fight until after at least one gets a title shot, meaning the one who gets it first beats Serra or GSP and then they end up meeting in the next title fight. But if the first does not win then these guys won't fight unless they both lose there title matches. why? well simple...

The UFC would actually be doing a great thing believe it or not. The WW title has not be defended in exactly a year(since last april) so the UFC wants more WW title fights. So most likely Fitch will fight Serra/GSP first and have Karo fight Kos just because Kos is the only other big name either can fight at this point and Fitch and Kos won't fight this soon. Not to hurt the Marcus Davis fans feelings, but the guy hasn't beat a top 10 yet, if he beats Swick, then he can be given a Alves or a Sanchez. So Fitch will fight the winner of the title fight at 83 in the summer, July or August, while Kos fight Karo around the same time and Karo hopefully wins and proves he is the true #1 contender then since the only winnable argument he has against Fitch is he earned one awhile back but got hurt, and never got that title fight back. But if that didn't happen to him, Fitch would win every argument.

So the UFC is doing a good thing by not having Fitch fight Karo. It's simple and great business planning. Both will get there title shots and both will be happy
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/23/08 11:42:24PM

Posted by Pookie

'

saved me mucho typing
Schizoidman
3/24/08 1:08:54AM
I don't know why everyone is so far up Jon Fitch's ass. Frankly, the guy bores me. IMO Fitch's decisions are painful for me to watch. Karo has fought higher caliber opponents and much more of them. Even though Karo goes to more decisions than Fitch, I think he's more exciting to watch. I really don't think that Fitch has done anything to deserve a title shot. Beating Diego who came off a loss to Koscheck is not impressive. And then he gets Chris Wilson and goes to a decision. If he's gonna get a title shot, he's got to do better than that.
WhiteWidow
4/3/08 3:38:00AM
no theres no doubt that its fitch, hooray, and now alves and davis can have a rematch if davis beats swick for #1 contender after fitch gets the next shot