Ben Saunders vs. Dustin Hazelett

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Ben Saunders vs. Dustin Hazelett
pinoymixplaya
1/5/09 7:51:56PM
I think this is going to be a nasty fight, could lead to KO or Sub victory for either guy. Who do you think takes it? I think Saunder's striking is a lot more refined than Kos' so I am taking him 2nd round.
copcopps
1/5/09 8:13:16PM
Saunders 2nd round KO due to his reach and better striking
nickcuc547
1/5/09 8:21:37PM
hazlett will win, he is just as good of a striker as saunders and he is superior on the ground. ben is tough but hazlett is much more talented.
ohiostate1016
1/5/09 8:26:46PM
Wow...another great fight possibly added to the Columbus card.

I don't really know who to pick in this one yet. Two hot young fighters. Saunders is more rounded, but I really don't think he can hang with McLovin on the ground. That being said, Saunders has the clear advantage on the feet.
Twenty20Dollars
1/5/09 8:39:44PM
Yeah but Saunders could clinch and Hazelett could pull guard and get a submission.

This is a toss up for me. Interesting match up though.
bobbydoomocculta
1/5/09 9:34:10PM
Mclovin's my boy... I can't pick against him...
prozacnation1978
1/5/09 10:53:18PM
i'll pick dustin to win it will be a great fight
Bowen50
1/6/09 12:32:03AM

Posted by copcopps

Saunders 2nd round KO due to his reach and better striking

both are tall guys for WW Saunders won't have much of a reach advantage, if any. his striking is also just as good if not better than Saunders', hell he almost KO'd Koscheck. and i think we can both agree Dustin has the better ground game. i'm taking Dustin by Sub round 1
Wallass
1/6/09 9:04:15AM
Is there anywhere on the internet that has fighters reachs? Or are we all just expected to remember their reach from the last time UFC showed their "Tale of the Tape".
emfleek
1/6/09 9:09:07AM
Saunders via Knees From Hell.
MMA_Alex
1/6/09 9:28:04AM

Posted by emfleek

Saunders via Knees From Hell.

Hazelett via Armbar from Hell.
gsquat
1/6/09 10:19:51AM
Saunders UD. He'll keep busy and avoid Hazelett's submission attempts.
Franklinfan47
1/6/09 11:59:42AM
Tough one.

Ben Saunders reach could give Hazelett problems, but lets not forget Hazelett has disposed of taller opponents before ala Tamden McCrory.

Ben Saunders has looked great lately but Hazelett has looked great lately also, against better opponents. Wolff, Thomas, and Barrera were all pretty easy opponents while Goulet, Burkman, and McCrory were moderately difficult opponents imo.

For these reasons, I'm gonna take McLovin, who I think will catch Saunders with a sub in the second.
scoozna
1/6/09 2:00:00PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Tough one.

Ben Saunders reach could give Hazelett problems, but lets not forget Hazelett has disposed of taller opponents before ala Tamden McCrory.

Ben Saunders has looked great lately but Hazelett has looked great lately also, against better opponents. Wolff, Thomas, and Barrera were all pretty easy opponents while Goulet, Burkman, and McCrory were moderately difficult opponents imo.

For these reasons, I'm gonna take McLovin, who I think will catch Saunders with a sub in the second.

I was going to say it would be a piece of cake for Hazelett, until my esteemed teammate weighed in here. Hazelett, though, by some slick sub.
ToeZup
1/6/09 3:30:32PM
I would put my money on Dustin in this fight. He has a better skill set. Ben is a good fighter but Dustin takes this one.
Playground_Samurai
1/6/09 6:20:10PM
Hazelett is leading the pack of mid tier fighters and is on the verge of being top tier. I really like Saunders and the guy is a beast, but Hazelett's ground game will be too much for him and he will be submitted in the first round.