Ben Rothwell wants to be Alistair Overeem's first fight back in the UFC and 'beat his (expletive) ass'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ben Rothwell wants to be Alistair Overeem's first fight back in the UFC and 'beat his (expletive) ass'
sparky
5/1/12 10:25:42PM
Ben Rothwell got back on the winning track by knocking out Brendan Schaub in the very first round at UFC 145 on Apr., 21, 2012. After getting staggered by a spinning elbow from "The Hybrid" which had him reeling, "Big Ben" got the better of an exchange and sent Schaub crashing to the canvas.

A few follow up shots for good measure and Rothwell was standing the victor.

After alternating wins and losses in his last seven bouts, Ben has at least been on a consistent path. However, Rothwell is looking to break his recent cycle and start a win streak and become a legitimate contender in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight division.

Stepping into the Octagon in Atlanta, visibly slimmer, Rothwell says the new and improved "Big Ben" is all about the recent changes he's made in his life and how they could equate to bigger and better things moving forward.

Appearing on Sherdog Radio, Rothwell talks about his lifestyle change and the goals he has set for himself in the UFC, including a showdown with none other than recently suspended Alistair Overeem on the UFC's New Year's Eve card.

Link
Twenty20Dollars
5/1/12 10:26:36PM
Book it!
papercut
5/1/12 10:54:00PM
Geoffo
5/1/12 11:05:32PM
I hope he likes Uberknees.
Budgellism
5/1/12 11:26:39PM
I doubt he'd beat Overeem. If Rothwell beats Browne (big if) and if Overeem stays with the UFC then I say book it. Overeem won't like those comments.
FastKnockout
5/2/12 12:06:08AM
Whoa there, big boy! We know you beat Brendan Schaub, but don't jump the gun!
Bubbles
5/2/12 12:43:03AM
I cant wait to see Rothwell getting KTFO
prophecy033
5/2/12 2:51:21AM
He'd get his head stomped
Aether
5/2/12 7:39:03AM

Posted by papercut

mattjonesy
5/2/12 7:50:43AM
No disrespect to Rothwell but sometimes a fighter talks and I think he cant truely belive he has anything to offer Overeem?? Rothwell needs to call out the mid level fighters and earn some cash...
cowcatcher
5/2/12 10:29:42AM
= Rothwell's's confidence

= Rothwell's chances if this fight happened.
george112
5/2/12 10:41:56AM

Posted by cowcatcher

= Rothwell's confidence

Fixed it for you
cowcatcher
5/2/12 10:44:40AM

Posted by george112

Posted by cowcatcher

= Rothwell's confidence

Fixed it for you

Derp! Thanks for the heads up, I changed it.
BuffaloDave
5/2/12 11:01:52AM
I love it, Rothwell KO's a guy that was knocked out by Big fricken Nog', now thinks he can hang with one of the division's best strikers.
airkerma
5/2/12 11:21:12AM
Perhaps he means Browne will "beat his (expletive) ass", as Browne will be putting a serious hurting on Rothwell and will bump him out of contendership to fight Uber.
I dare Rothwell to say this again on Saturday around 6pm EST...Ubereem is going to have a crazed look in his eyes with all those horses running around the track
Sir_Karl
5/2/12 11:44:05AM
I don't necessarily believe Overrated should even get a chance to fight in the UFC again....but if they let him I would love to see Big Ben beat his @&%$%$$ ass!!! Send that cheatin' roidhead packing.
postman
5/2/12 4:15:45PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Whoa there, big boy! We know you beat Brendan Schaub, but don't jump the gun!

The best part is he was having a bit of trouble with Schaub! How in the hell does he think he could handle the Reem?
macobjills
5/2/12 5:01:42PM
Big Ben needs to worry about his upcoming bout with Browne. Browne has looked very good thus far, and I would not be surprised in the least if he beats Rothwell.

Oh and Big Ben would get absolutely destroyed by Overeem.
GettinsomeBas
5/6/12 6:58:50AM
Travis Browne converted me as a fan after the Griggs fight ... so agile for a big guy