Ben Rothwell's record

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Ben Rothwell's record
papercut
5/19/10 12:12:17PM
looking a Rothwell's record I noticed he has a TKO loss due to retirement. I find this random and was hoping someone could shine some light on how someone can lose like this.
seanfu
5/19/10 1:14:44PM
he retired for the night. and lol.
Taylor8766
5/19/10 1:26:32PM
the worst one i've seen is Royce Gracie, he has two tko's because of retirement or not being able to fight, IMO they should be classified as other.
jiujitsufreak74
5/19/10 2:47:04PM

Posted by Taylor8766

the worst one i've seen is Royce Gracie, he has two tko's because of retirement or not being able to fight, IMO they should be classified as other.

he only has one TKO due to not being able to fight. it was at UFC 3 against Harold Howard
jiujitsufreak74
5/19/10 3:08:53PM
TKO retirement can mean a few things. It can mean a fighters corner threw in the towel, the fighter could not answer the bell, the fighter was unable to continue or was unable to even start the fight (as with Royce Gracie).
warglory
5/19/10 7:01:22PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

TKO retirement can mean a few things. It can mean a fighters corner threw in the towel, the fighter could not answer the bell, the fighter was unable to continue or was unable to even start the fight (as with Royce Gracie).

Exactly, I don't think it means he hung up his gloves permanently.
jae_1833
5/19/10 11:32:21PM
It's a term used mainly in Europe, notice that fight was in Russia. When in doubt, Google it!
vomitshovel
5/21/10 10:34:29AM
this looks like a job for.... CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!! -cue patriotic sounding intro music-
lols just messing with you.
as said before, google is a hellova thing