Ben Henderson Says Frankie Edgar Deserves a Rematch, Would Fight 'Tomorrow'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ben Henderson Says Frankie Edgar Deserves a Rematch, Would Fight 'Tomorrow'
sparky
3/5/12 7:36:47PM
Mar 5, 2012 - Ben Henderson just can't seem to get his name out of everyone's mouth.

Since earning the UFC lightweight strap with a unanimous decision victory over Frankie Edgar at UFC 144, Henderson has somehow found himself within the crossfires of the MMA world, a casualty of the UFC's latest high-profile judging debate.

Weeks after the controversial decision, Edgar, the former champion, has atypically embarked on a crusade for the rematch he feels he justly deserves. UFC President Dana White, on the other hand, steadfastly stands by his opinion that Edgar would be better served at featherweight, and even offered an immediate title shot against reigning 145-pound champion Jose Aldo to sweeten the deal.

Link
mattjonesy
3/5/12 8:23:01PM
I really didnt think it was a controversial decision myself but the reason I think Edgar deserves a rematch is because of the rematches he gave twice!
That being said the division is just to stacked for another rematch! He has an option to move down and fight for the title I think he should take it.
KungFuMaster
3/5/12 10:02:08PM
I hope the rematch does not take place. I personally would like Edgar to win a fight or two, and maybe even three, before fighting Henderson again.
prophecy033
3/5/12 10:07:06PM
Im in agreement KFM except i dont think he would need 3 to get another shot. 1, maybe 2 would be fine with me. I feel that with him being the champ and having defended it multiple time, he deserves at least as much respect as Urijah Faber, who seems to get a title fight every other fight
KungFuMaster
3/5/12 10:11:50PM

Posted by prophecy033

Im in agreement KFM except i dont think he would need 3 to get another shot. 1, maybe 2 would be fine with me. I feel that with him being the champ and having defended it multiple time, he deserves at least as much respect as Urijah Faber, who seems to get a title fight every other fight

Maybe three is too much..

But yeah, I didn't like how Faber was getting title shots after title shots. I really hated that...
bjj1605
3/5/12 10:49:05PM
I don't think Dana is going to like being pressured into making a match he clearly doesn't want.
tcunningham
3/6/12 1:43:25AM
im not excited for a rematch with edgar, way more interested in a rematch with pettis. if frankie keeps going on about this rematch long enough hes gonna start sounding like a whiner. especially if hes already been told he can fight aldo if he moves down.
Bubbles
3/6/12 5:13:11PM
sorry but if Penn got a rematch after losing fairly convincingly, then by all accounts Edgar should too. Pettis title shot after 2 wins over non top 10s is laughable considering Miller and Diaz are further up the ladder and have beaten top 10s
bjj1605
3/6/12 8:52:44PM

Posted by Bubbles

sorry but if Penn got a rematch after losing fairly convincingly, then by all accounts Edgar should too. Pettis title shot after 2 wins over non top 10s is laughable considering Miller and Diaz are further up the ladder and have beaten top 10s

Well Pettis did beat the current champ.

That's gotta count for something.