Beltran and Pahlares both test positive for UFC on FX 6

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Beltran and Pahlares both test positive for UFC on FX 6
Gogoplatapus
1/10/13 7:48:39PM
UFC.com

Zuffa, LLC, owner of the Ultimate Fighting Championship®, released a statement today regarding UFC middleweight Rousimar Palhares and light heavyweight Joey Beltran:

“Rousimar Palhares tested positive for elevated testosterone and Joey Beltran tested positive for nandrolone, following their respective bouts at UFC on FX 6 in Australia. The UFC organization has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents. Both athletes have agreed to serve a nine-month suspension retroactive to December 14. They must pass a drug test upon completion of the suspension before receiving clearance to compete again.”
Budgellism
1/10/13 7:59:16PM
. This bums me out. Beltran, really?
kopower
1/10/13 8:10:33PM

Posted by Budgellism

. This bums me out. Beltran, really?

My thoughts exactly. WTF
Twenty20Dollars
1/10/13 8:11:05PM
Whatever Palhares did, didn't help him and the shitty gameplan didn't help either.
DeadHead988
1/10/13 8:12:17PM
I heard Palhares pissed hot in a grappling tournament a few years back, but they still let him compete. Surprised at Beltran though.
sparky
1/10/13 8:21:07PM
Palhares doesn't take me by surprise at all I called this a few fights back. Joey though
Poor_Franklin
1/10/13 8:28:46PM
tcunningham
1/10/13 8:42:33PM
had to look up the word Nandrolone, found it to be an anabolic steroid and according to wikipedia: Nandrolone decanoate is used in the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.

before we demonize beltran, maybe he was having some osteoporosis problems?
pmoney
1/10/13 8:46:14PM

Posted by tcunningham

had to look up the word Nandrolone, found it to be an anabolic steroid and according to wikipedia: Nandrolone decanoate is used in the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.

before we demonize beltran, maybe he was having some osteoporosis problems?

This motherfucker tested positive for Boniva!
FastKnockout
1/10/13 8:48:59PM
Not surprised by Palhares. The guy is built like a damn silverback gorilla.

emfleek
1/10/13 8:51:31PM
In retrospect, it makes sense that Beltran pissed hot. He was a totally different fighter that night.
Poor_Franklin
1/10/13 10:06:34PM
anyone ever heard of a losing fighter attempting to sue a winning fighter that injured them & was found later to have juiced?

is that even possible w/ fighter contracts?

shaneTpain
1/10/13 10:17:34PM
That sucks
postman
1/10/13 10:34:42PM
Pro athletes looking for an edge.......shocking!
scoozna
1/10/13 11:20:13PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Whatever Palhares did, didn't help him and the shitty gameplan didn't help either.

True...but I thought I read he broke his foot early in the 1st rd (?), not sure.

If Lombard was tested and came up positive would we be surprised? He's quite the specimen too...
telnights
1/11/13 12:25:06AM
Very sad! Beltran looked really good and I guess we know why now.
RhythmAndStyle
1/11/13 12:46:07AM
alot of fighters look like they're juicing..but some fighters u can't even tell, like Josh Barnett..so till they piss hot, i gave em the benefit of the doubt..cuz u cant lie bout a positive test...
DeadHead988
1/11/13 2:12:11AM
Call me crazy, but I think the reason that injuries are becoming much more common is directly related to the increasing prevalence of steroids and other PEDs in MMA
jay98107
1/11/13 3:17:39AM

Posted by DeadHead988

Call me crazy, but I think the reason that injuries are becoming much more common is directly related to the increasing prevalence of steroids and other PEDs in MMA

It's possible, but I think it's bad luck more than anything. With all of the claims of steroid use in PRIDE, I don't think they ever had a year as ravaged by injuries as the UFC just had.
Pookie
1/11/13 3:50:28AM
Alot of Steroids help heal injuries quicker.

Maybe the Injuries arent coming from the Steroid use directly, but the cycling off and the continuation to train at the level the Steroids got them at.
------------

Say it aint so Palhares. Say it aint so.
george112
1/11/13 7:13:45AM
"damn palhares looks roided" <-----what I said to my gf last fight
bjj1605
1/11/13 11:13:59AM

Posted by postman

Pro athletes looking for an edge.......shocking!

Cheating is cheating and rules are rules.

They know they're not allowed to do it.
frizzzlecake
1/11/13 2:27:09PM
I wonder if Dana is going to give these cheats the axe or not? Both aren't doing very well in the UFC at the moment so why not set the example?