why no belt around the waist

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » why no belt around the waist
MFOTHER
8/10/08 2:50:17PM
i dare someone to tell me another time (besides last night) dana wasnt there to put the belt around the waist when buffer announced and still, or the new champion. (or shortly there after present him with it)

then right before the event cutoff dana was saying something to gsp, but didnt look too friendly, at least didnt look like a congratulation..anyone else notice this?

my opinion: i also didnt see the belt come out with gsp......maybe it wasnt ready in the ring, and thats what dana was telling him/ upset about........OR i could just be reading too much into it
TimW001
8/10/08 2:53:25PM
Rampage, 75
MFOTHER
8/10/08 2:57:05PM
that was quick...ill have to go back and check
Gipper
8/10/08 3:30:24PM
i didn't even notice. bj came in and started mouthing off to soon.
mk1630
8/10/08 3:40:02PM
Yea i noticed this too. I was wondering what Dana was saying to him.
KYGUY07
8/10/08 3:47:52PM

Posted by mk1630

same here, for some reason dana didnt look happy
DiabloFreak56
8/10/08 6:01:05PM

Posted by mk1630

yeah me and jjfreak were wondering what he was saying.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/10/08 7:04:40PM
Looked odd to me, too. Dana better not piss of GSP, that's a hell of a draw to lose.
jocka
8/10/08 7:22:19PM
i also noticed that and i wonder what GSP was trying to say at the end when he took the mic from Rogan its a shame damn that Goldberg babbling cut of gsp
Cdellorso
8/10/08 11:05:26PM
Yeah ....and all the % babble had my calculator on the fritz... "73% of GSPs attempted take downs were successful when less than 76% of Fitches takedown defenses were defended or attempted more than 78% of the.... Whatever dude shut up
Rush
8/11/08 8:33:35AM
I don't know if the no belt was connected to him looking fired up at GSP.

Dana wasn't in the ring until after the official announcement was made. It looked like Dana might have exchanged words with Loiseau before coming into the ring. Dana then gave the belt to the Jackson camp and circled around out of the camera.

Right before the cut off, some guy shows Dana a text message and then Dana appears to be harping at GSP. Not sure what it was all about. If the rumour that GSP took money from Affliction to not have ads on his shorts was true, then I could see Dana being pissed off, but that is Geroges' business, not his.

I can't see anything else Dana would be upset about. In a recent interview Georges said that he was happy in the UFC and the UFC has been good to him. Could be a lie, you never know, but why would he say more than he needed to (in the interview) if he needed to lie?
Evilwig
8/11/08 10:39:16AM
Yeah, I notice it too, replayed it a couple of times but couldn't figured out what Dana was saying, I guess the word "F**k" was involed, hope it's noting to serious...
jocka
8/11/08 10:55:56AM
Even if it was serious there is no way in hell that they would get rid of St-Pierre he is probably one of their biggest draw if not the biggest one, it doesn't matter where they are crowds always chant his name. If Dana could keep Tito for so long imagine how long he will keep GSP .
mrsmiley
8/11/08 10:56:05AM
GSP is leaving the UFC.This was his last bout.

I know that's a bold statement for me to make,but I'm calling it now.
MFOTHER
8/11/08 11:38:16AM

Posted by mrsmiley

if this is true i will rock an avatar of your choice for 3 months.
the_01
8/11/08 1:35:46PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Dont jump to conclusions, the guy is the Champion and hes not leaving that easy.
Boo_Radley21
8/11/08 3:54:45PM
Does anyone have a video of this id like to see it.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
8/11/08 4:32:38PM
They ran out of time on the paper view slot. Same reason gsp didn't have time to speak after the fight.
mrsmiley
8/11/08 8:08:58PM

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by mrsmiley

if this is true i will rock an avatar of your choice for 3 months.

LOL.Well don't worry because i'm probably wrong.I just got say something interesting.
Aether
8/11/08 9:56:58PM
Hmmm I saw Dana talking to him looking pretty unhappy as well, but the belt was there in the ring at the end of the fight. Dana walks in with it as they go to interview GSP, then he hands it to one of GSP's trainers, the black guy wearing the shorts and the backwards hat. I can't tell what Dana is pissed about though. He definitely starts by screaming "HEY BRO!" lol.