What Belt are you in Jui Jitsu and What's your Grappling Record

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » What Belt are you in Jui Jitsu and What's your Grappling Record
hotrodttt
5/18/08 12:25:05AM
Here you can discuss Jui Jitsu, belts, Tecniques, etc.

Currently I'm a Blue Belt under Majhee Reeves, I've been doing it for 2 Years now. My Grappling Record is 12-4 because I can't restrain from sticking my Arm out All 4 losses are from Armbars and 1 Omoplata that I'll never forget.

I know JuiJitsuFreak was dying for a Thread like this
Mayhem13
5/18/08 12:32:10AM
I am a clear belt and currently have a record of 0-0

(but I am going to start taking classes soon at the BJJ Center of Ohio under Chris Chard (pablo popovich black belt)
jiujitsufreak74
5/18/08 12:32:46AM
lol yes i was

well i have done JJ since i was 8 years old. i got up to the rank of brown belt at the kids level, but i disregard those ranks. that was just child's play and a business trying to make parents pay them for moving up a belt. so after about 6 years of doing JJ at the local place, i ventured out and found a kick boxing gym. the gym also ha a class for JJ. the instructor, Bryan Perry, is a brown belt in Judo and a Purple belt in JJ. so i have been doing my JJ there now under the no belt system. it is no-gi, and its just a way to increase your skills. There is an Xtreme Couture that opened up near my house, Randy is visiting today, so i will most likely end up there for a while. but, once i am 18, i am looking to go back to the belt system under a true master of the craft and work my way up. i think i have the skills of a Gracie Blue Belt imho, and am looking forward to advancing my craft. Maybe i will train with Renzo in NYC because i will be going to NYU. i just love the art and just enjoy practicing it.
hotrodttt
5/18/08 12:41:37AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

lol yes i was

well i have done JJ since i was 8 years old. i got up to the rank of brown belt at the kids level, but i disregard those ranks. that was just child's play and a business trying to make parents pay them for moving up a belt. so after about 6 years of doing JJ at the local place, i ventured out and found a kick boxing gym. the gym also ha a class for JJ. the instructor, Bryan Perry, is a brown belt in Judo and a Purple belt in JJ. so i have been doing my JJ there now under the no belt system. it is no-gi, and its just a way to increase your skills. There is an Xtreme Couture that opened up near my house, Randy is visiting today, so i will most likely end up there for a while. but, once i am 18, i am looking to go back to the belt system under a true master of the craft and work my way up. i think i have the skills of a Gracie Blue Belt imho, and am looking forward to advancing my craft. Maybe i will train with Renzo in NYC because i will be going to NYU. i just love the art and just enjoy practicing it.

You would probably Armbar me , I just use my Strength in Competitions as 8 of my 12 Wins come by Rear Naked Choke. But I have a Good Kneebar but I can't use it in Competition because I'm not a brown Belt yet. And I never get taken down because of my Wrestling. I could be boring when I roll if I get a Takedown then let the guy back up but I don't like that and I love the excitment. That's why none of my matches have been to a Decision.
gartface
5/18/08 12:47:16AM

Posted by Mayhem13

I am a clear belt and currently have a record of 0-0

(but I am going to start taking classes soon at the BJJ Center of Ohio under Chris Chard (pablo popovich black belt)

Haha I'm the same way. But I don't know any places around here to train though. I've only ever just messed around with friends. I'd love to get into it though, because I dominate my friends and I want to see how I'd do training the real thing.
Omega
5/19/08 4:56:50PM
Really guys? You actually started a thread like this?

I'm a Blackbelt in Judo, Jujitsu and 3rd degree in SAMBO.

I've been doing this since 1978 Starting with Kosen Judo.

I have no idea what my grappling record is although I almost went the distance with Dean Lister. (He won head and arm choke)
zephead
5/19/08 5:31:40PM
Black Belt

412-0
jiujitsufreak74
5/19/08 5:41:54PM

Posted by zephead

Black Belt

412-0

what's going on Rickson...any news about your next grappling match?
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
5/19/08 6:02:44PM
lol, I have no belt, never taken a jiu hitsu class in my life...but my grappling record is 13-0...never underestimate the power of wrestling. Take down, pass guard, let up, repeat.
89vision
5/19/08 6:11:25PM
purple belt lookin to get a brown belt soon, no recollection of a grappling record, im covered on kickboxing since ive been doing that for 11 years, so now i can focus on JJ and Wrestling (for now)
hotrodttt
5/19/08 6:50:12PM

Posted by 89vision

purple belt lookin to get a brown belt soon, no recollection of a grappling record, im covered on kickboxing since ive been doing that for 11 years, so now i can focus on JJ and Wrestling (for now)

Do you Wrestle for Morrow Bay, Do you know the 112 and 103 Pound Brothers
fedorwins1
5/19/08 7:23:35PM
I'm strictly no-gi so I don't have a belt. I've been training for like 9 or 10 months. I love JJ, but I haven't had the $$$ or a way to get to competitions so I haven't competed yet.
Omega
5/19/08 7:24:30PM

Posted by 89vision

Morro bay? I'm going to be up there in June.
89vision
5/19/08 9:28:04PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by 89vision

Do you Wrestle for Morrow Bay, Do you know the 112 and 103 Pound Brothers

i dont
MattHughes
5/19/08 10:55:31PM
White belt
record: 4-4 (0-3, 2-0, 2-1)
Svartorm
5/20/08 2:02:32AM
No belt. Got out of the dojo system when I was maybe 16 and train with private instructionals and with my older brother, who has several belts and also trains private instructionals.

Not sure what my grappling record would be, although I have lost a few times. I'd guess I win one out of five against actual competition. My only tangible accomplishment is beating a blue belt under one of Horion Gracie's kids.

When I got back into grappling while trying to get into MMA, I started training with him and he'd tool me badly on a regular basis, but I was training catch wrestling at the same time and once I was in shape, he couldn't do much to me anymore. In fact, one day I tapped him with the same ankle lock so many times he never returned my phone calls.
Rush
5/22/08 11:37:54AM

Posted by zephead

Black Belt

412-0

Are all your wins by armbar?
hotrodttt
5/23/08 11:28:04PM
So I've decided to leave my current School and go to Crosley Gracie's School. I'm going to leave the Belt System too.
zephead
5/24/08 3:10:03PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by zephead

Black Belt

412-0

Are all your wins by armbar?

1 by armbar. 410 by roundhouse kick and one by bitch slap. After cleaning out that old folks home I'm heading to a daycare next.
Rush
5/24/08 7:34:34PM

Posted by zephead

1 by armbar. 410 by roundhouse kick and one by bitch slap. After cleaning out that old folks home I'm heading to a daycare next.

I bet my son can make you tap.
Jackelope
5/24/08 8:03:38PM
I don't have a belt since I've never trained in a belt system for BJJ. I got my green belt in Kenpo karate when I was 19, but I left belt systems after that.

I basically started competing more seriously at that time, and I saw that no matter where I went around the U.S. to compete it didn't seem like belts mattered so much as good training. At the time I was teaching and I began to develop a dislike for belt systems as a whole.

My kickboxing record in 3 round regional tournaments and school tournaments got up to 5-1 (1 DQ, 4 by decisions and 1 decision loss)

In the Army I started boxing, and I was 3-0 in boxing smokers. 1 by KO (3 seconds into it.. haha) and 2 by Decision

In BJJ I never went into grappler's quest or anything like that for matches, but in the army and some other stuff I've had "matches" I can't think of any "record" but I can tell you that I have a tendency to get caught in leg locks.

Currently I'm not training since I'm going through a lot of stupid ass changes in my life with buying a house and all kinds of stuff. The longer I own this house and work my life away the more I'm realizing that this kind of "american dream" doesn't matter at all. I just want to get back and start training.. even if that means being broke and not owning a brand new car or house. So I'm going through some ridiculous changes to get back to that point. I want to sell my brand new car and my brand new house and just train hard for a year or two so I can at least get into some local shows. I'm 26 years old and feeling every minute of it. Your life slips away fast, so you gotta grab all those opportunities and go for em while you're young.
zephead
5/24/08 8:18:47PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by zephead

I bet my son can make you tap.

How old is he? If he's under 6, he's toast. I wipe the floor with kindergartners. It's the first graders that give me a hard time
Rush
5/24/08 10:07:37PM

Posted by Jackelope

I'm 26 years old and feeling every minute of it. Your life slips away fast, so you gotta grab all those opportunities and go for em while you're young.

That's about when I started to feel a difference in my body. I had to take better care of it in order to do more. However, my training style changed, now, compared to when I was a teenager and in early twenties. Back in the early years I abused my body more being reckless and careless, but didn't do much in the way of hard core workouts. Now it is the reverse. I work harder, but am smarter about it.

Mind you, most of what I am feeling now is probably due to the abuse I took in my early years.
Svartorm
5/25/08 4:41:25AM
Same here. I'm 26 and my body is shot from the pro-wrestling gig I did when I was 18-19. The body remembers all that crap and isn't too happy with me.
The-Don
6/28/08 2:04:48AM
DAmn... I'm 30 and I have all sorts or weird aches and pains.. But between all teh MArtial arts, and sports like baseball, hockey and such.. I am not do to bad... as for my Belt... I really don't have an offical belt other then a yellow in Judo... but I have competed against people of all belts and won more then I have lost... alot of my training was in private... I think if offical sanctioned matches I am like 8-1... but man were talking about 12 or more years ago... But I am getting back into training.. my Goal is to compete in a NAGA in the next year or two.. maybe do an MMA match or 3.. but most for the experience as I am focusing more on training others.