Top 10 Most beloved fighters in MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Top 10 Most beloved fighters in MMA
« Previous Page
TOMMYAYO05
7/25/07 2:30:16PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

My list is better than the one posted i believe

I agree with some of the guys on your list but not Tito, Diaz, or Swick.

yes tito is defineltey one of the tops theres alot of haters but also many true fans
MoJoy
7/26/07 12:29:00AM
Yo oh my God, where's Vitor Belfort. He has some of the most exciting highlight reel clips, and is an incredibly good hearted guy who has been through a lot. He is the only fighter I have ever seen, Tre Telligman smashing, to stop while striking a fighter, and look at the referee while pulling off the guy, and saying he's out, he's such a fast striker and got in so many shots before the ref caught it all. I have never seen anyone else do that, I hope they have but I have not seen witness it. Mismanaged and thrown to top comp too early, things fell off but he has reclaimed a spectacular. Vitor has fought incredibly tough compitiion, amongst the toughest in MMA history. He has been class all the way, and has the fastest hands I have ever seen. He has also spilled his emotions into the ring many times, and I have yet to hear anyone say a bad thing about him. Along with GSP he's my personal favorite fighter. Here's my top 10 Beloved list

10.Nick Diaz
9.Chuck Liddell
8.Rampage Jackson
7.Shogun
6.Georges St.Pierre
5.Vitor Belfort
4.Fedor Emelianko
3.Sakuraba
2.Royce Gracie
1.BJ Penn
ultimatefighter33
7/26/07 3:34:55AM
my top 10 is 1. Mirko Crocop Flipovic 2. Pedro The Rock Rizzo 3. Paul The HeadHunter Buentello 4. Jeremy Horn 5. Matt The Terror Serra 6 . Mr.International Shonie Carter 7. The Axe Murderer Wanderlai Silva 8. The Baby Face Assassin Josh Barnett 9. Frank Shamrock 10. Royce Gracie
Manfred
7/26/07 3:44:30AM

Posted by MoJoy
10.Nick Diaz
9.Chuck Liddell
8.Rampage Jackson
7.Shogun
6.Georges St.Pierre

You REALLY think Vitor has more fans than these guys?
MoJoy
7/27/07 12:20:33AM
Your talking about beloved revered. Not how many people have them on their personal website top list or how many straight victories they've run off, or if they're talked about for steroids or if they are a current title contender/holder. We're talking about beloved.

Vitor came up in the early days of UFC, bridging the gap between the raw raw days and the established filled with depth days. He actually is of the current establishment, still in his prime at 30, he was just thrust too soon into top shelf matches. His fighting has some of the most incredible reels in MMA history, and they are the type that will stand the test of eternity. Although in the now real MMA and having impactful but not championship like impact, he still has been a good fighter. And as a total fighter is better now than he was. He has a good record, but is better than his record, cause he has fought amongst the toughest MMA compitition of any fighter in history. Feel free to look at his total record. Feel free to reel off how big names he has fought.

He also has the human side in common with us, more than scores of fighters, because he is a simple good hearted and warm guy who has gone through a lot, that many have not, and as we all know you learn a lot more from people when they go through events.

His MMA history has so many entertaining and meaningful fights. As a person he is a standup guy, as I said before, he's the only fighter I've seen to pull off a guy, and make the ref aware the fight needs to be stopped. If he's not high on your guys beloved list I think the issue lies more with you guys than Vitor. My take.
TOMMYAYO05
7/27/07 12:22:21AM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by MoJoy
10.Nick Diaz
9.Chuck Liddell
8.Rampage Jackson
7.Shogun
6.Georges St.Pierre

You REALLY think Vitor has more fans than these guys?

i agree no way in hell
MoJoy
7/27/07 9:22:59PM
Vitor has an overwhelming amount of fans. Clearly.
Manfred
12/23/07 11:59:22AM
Thought I'd TTT this since a lot of new members have joined in the last 6 months
Mayhem13
12/23/07 10:53:46PM
I would aput GSP and Jason "Mayhem" on the list, only because thier fanbasees are HUGE!

also Matt Hughes and Tito Ortiz (although they would also make my most hated list)

but its definately a good list....just my own personal changes I would have made
Stickan
12/23/07 11:19:39PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Renzo Gracie made the list and Cro Cop didnt?

Gotta agree here. There's no nuthugger-following in the world stronger than CroCops. These fans are highly trained excuse-makers who won't bow for anything and their mean grippage of his balls must mean something when it comes to being loyal and clingy.

He's the only fighter who is allowed to lose twice in a row but still has fans that verbally beheads everyone who dares claiming "Mirko sucks!".
Purge
12/24/07 1:56:11PM
Fantastic list, yeah Randy definetly deserves to be #1.
rameydl8
12/25/07 3:23:11AM
Everbody loves forrest griffin........
Pages: 1 [2]