The most beloved fighter in MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » The most beloved fighter in MMA
TimW001
7/24/10 8:06:55PM
I have seen GSP, Fedor, Rampage, Shogun, Lesnar, Aikiyama, Penn, Alves, Florian, Liddell, Saku, Bas, Carano, Couture, etc., etc., all receive harsh criticism from fans, also receive general disrespect and hate. But there is one fighter who has never gotten any o that from any fan across any forum.

And he is..

This is because

1) He is exciting. He has a style of punch, punch, knee knee, kill, kill, kill.
2) Does not back down. No matter how much punishment he takes he continue to come forward trying to brawl with his opponent. In his second fight against Hendo he was sick in the hospital with the flu the day of the fight, and still showed up and put up a war.
3)He is not afraid. He literally fight anyone! He put this on display when he fought a prime Mirko from K1, and an even stronger MMA Mirko in 2006. Also fighting Mark Hunt who was considered a top 10 opponent in K1 and MMA at the time.
4) Respect and appreciation to his fans.
5) His trash talk is sincere. When he hates an opponent, he'll tell you exactly what he thinks, but when he is indifferent towards his opponent, like with Franklin, he will be polite. Compare his trash talk to Tito's, who feels so fake when he trash talks, you'll see exactly what I mean.

Wanderlei is MMA's epitome of a model fighter that the fans want to see.
postman
7/24/10 8:31:04PM
You hit on the one I was thinking and thats Rich Franklin.
TheGodfather1024
7/24/10 10:27:05PM
true
Manfred
7/25/10 2:02:47AM
This is a list I made over 2 years ago, most is still applicable
Top 10 most beloved

But I do think Wand is higher now that he's in the states. Esp b/c of how he is with fans. The man truly cares about the fans. Look at what he did at the UFC Expo recently. Video

I went to his gym when I was in Vegas, just to try and see him. He stopped his workout just to come meet and talk with my wife and me! The guy couldn't be nicer.
TimW001
7/25/10 4:22:25AM

Posted by Manfred

This is a list I made over 2 years ago, most is still applicable
Top 10 most beloved

But I do think Wand is higher now that he's in the states. Esp b/c of how he is with fans. The man truly cares about the fans. Look at what he did at the UFC Expo recently. Video

I went to his gym when I was in Vegas, just to try and see him. He stopped his workout just to come meet and talk with my wife and me! The guy couldn't be nicer.

Yessss!

Good list too.
Taylor8766
7/25/10 1:30:33PM
I would agree that wandy is probably one of the most loved fighters, however i would also include Couture in there too, i mean everyone loves Couture.,
Chael_Sonnen
7/25/10 1:41:28PM
Wand
Bas
Sexy