BELLATOR VET ALEXIS VILA RETURNS TO FLYWEIGHT, MEETS JOSHUA SAMPO FOR CFA BELT ON JAN. 19

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BELLATOR VET ALEXIS VILA RETURNS TO FLYWEIGHT, MEETS JOSHUA SAMPO FOR CFA BELT ON JAN. 19
FastKnockout
1/8/13 10:52:14PM
Bellator tournament veteran Alexis Vila will return to 125 pounds on Jan. 19, when “The Exorcist” takes on Joshua Sampo for the Championship Fighting Alliance flyweight title at CFA 9.

“I decided to move back down to flyweight because it is a more natural fit for me,” Vila said in the promotion’s official release. “I only moved to bantamweight to try to further my career and get into the UFC, but now that they have a flyweight division, staying at bantamweight doesn't make sense.”

Link
Budgellism
1/8/13 11:00:41PM
Sampo only having 3 people pick him out of 59 so far in L2 is just insane. I'm gonna love those odds

The fight itself is really interesting though. I hope I can watch this somehow.
sparky
1/8/13 11:15:51PM
Good fight

I think Vila gets the win but it wont surprise me if Sampo pulls off the upset. I'm thinking Vila by KO/TKO in the 1st or 2nd
tcunningham
1/9/13 12:25:22PM
i would like to see vila put together a good win streak and go to the ufc. i think his olympic caliber wrestling could pose a serious challenge