Bellator unveils pink gloves for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator unveils pink gloves for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
FastKnockout
10/4/13 11:47:00AM
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and organizations across the country are going pink to mark the campaign, including Bellator MMA, which will have its fighters donning pink-inspired Everlast gloves.

Link
DrivenDavies15
10/4/13 11:48:36AM
That's pretty cool
Props Bellator
sparky
10/4/13 11:50:09AM
Good to see professional sports supporting this.

Theoutlaw08
10/4/13 12:18:57PM
I like it. I was hoping they'd be all pink, but awareness is awareness.
Bubbles
10/4/13 12:29:38PM
great idea
GDPofMPG
10/4/13 1:00:52PM
Quality gesture to promote awareness.
Svartorm
10/4/13 1:20:23PM
I honestly hate this. I don't care of you're rocking pink shoes or what have you, but don't mess with glove colors. I could easily see that being a distraction considering it's something you'd never see in the gym.
decken
10/4/13 2:10:37PM

Posted by Svartorm

I honestly hate this. I don't care of you're rocking pink shoes or what have you, but don't mess with glove colors. I could easily see that being a distraction considering it's something you'd never see in the gym.

If you are a professional fighter and can't deal with a glove color change you need to find a new profession.
Svartorm
10/4/13 3:51:32PM

Posted by decken

Posted by Svartorm

If you are a professional fighter and can't deal with a glove color change you need to find a new profession.

It's not as simple as aesthetics. It has to do with how your mid-brain processes information during a fight. While I'm sure some folks could adjust to it easily, it's one useless thing on a giant list of things a fighter needs to worry about. Completely unnecessary.
BillsNewAccount
10/4/13 4:06:00PM
I'd imagine there are more male viewers than female viewers so the more sensible thing to do would probably be promote testicular cancer awareness but oh wait... No one cares about testicular cancer.

Also my Mom is a cancer survivor so I can't be a racist. Oh wait... Lemme try again... So I can't be uhhhh....
scoozna
10/4/13 4:23:12PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

I'd imagine there are more male viewers than female viewers so the more sensible thing to do would probably be promote testicular cancer awareness but oh wait... No one cares about testicular cancer.

Also my Mom is a cancer survivor so I can't be a racist. Oh wait... Lemme try again... So I can't be uhhhh....

This is golden...I've always wanted to make this same point and never found a good context. If you're going to be fairly selective about which diseases about which you promote awareness, why wouldn't you promote one that hits closer to home (pardon the pun)?
Bubbles
10/4/13 4:44:01PM
pshh we grow dirty staches for prostate cancer (well if you are a real man anyways )

as for the reason, "only men get balls cancer, both men and women can get titty cancer"
warglory
10/4/13 6:17:03PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Maybe because breast cancer is one of the most common types of cancer out there.