Bellator 78 (Tonight 8 p.m. ET)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Bellator 78 (Tonight 8 p.m. ET)
Biggavelli
10/26/12 12:15:44PM

Venue: Nutter Center
Broadcast: MTV2 and Spike.com

MAIN CARD (MTV2, 8 p.m. ET)
•Lyman Good vs. Michail Tsarev - Welterweight-Tourney Semifinals
•Andrey Koreshkov vs. Marius Zaromskis - Welterweight-Tourney Semifinals
•Brian Rogers vs. Dominique Steele
•Alvin Robinson vs. Daniel Straus

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 6 p.m. ET)
•Justin McNally vs. Jake Nauracy
•Rocky Edwards vs. Rob Hanna
•Jared Combs vs. Mikkel Parlo
•Billy Horne vs. Trey Houston
•Zoila Gurgel vs. Casey Noland
•Shaun Asher vs. Jason Butcher

Who's gonna be watching?
sparky
10/26/12 12:24:34PM
I never miss Bellator. I'm a big fan, been to it live. Cant wait for the live stream to start at 6
Budgellism
10/26/12 12:29:27PM

Posted by sparky

I never miss Bellator. I'm a big fan, been to it live. Cant wait for the live stream to start at 6

Class until 6 but I should be able to catch most of the prelims

Bellator has been putting together some great cards this season. I'm sure this one will be no different.
Biggavelli
10/26/12 12:29:57PM

Posted by sparky

Same here. They have put on some great shows recently.
sparky
10/26/12 12:35:45PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by sparky

Class until 6 but I should be able to catch most of the prelims

Bellator has been putting together some great cards this season. I'm sure this one will be no different.

I'm doing absolutely nothing today watching the Super Fight League 6 live stream right now all day MMA
Biggavelli
10/26/12 12:45:15PM

I'm doing absolutely nothing today watching the Super Fight League 6 live stream right now all day MMA

Im right there with you.

SFL is kinda funny. The atmosphere reminds me of Ammy Fight Night at the club!
cowcatcher
10/26/12 12:48:22PM
I love the guy that does the announcing for SFL, every time there's a KO he says "He's very badly hurt!" with his accent and it cracks me up. The announcing team isn't always on top of things, but they are entertaining as hell.
Biggavelli
10/26/12 12:51:08PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I love the guy that does the announcing for SFL, every time there's a KO he says "He's very badly hurt!" with his accent and it cracks me up. The announcing team isn't always on top of things, but they are entertaining as hell.

SFL is always good for a few laughs, did you just see when the lady was interviewing the dude after he won? She didnt even put the mic up to the guys face when he was talking, she just kept it at her mouth
cowcatcher
10/26/12 12:55:08PM

Posted by Biggavelli

Posted by cowcatcher

SFL is always good for a few laughs, did you just see when the lady was interviewing the dude after he won? She didnt even put the mic up to the guys face when he was talking, she just kept it at her mouth

Their discussion about WMMA is hilarious right now. The chick just said that MMAis brutal and mean.
JLS1980
10/26/12 12:56:49PM
I always watch Bellator. Usually just the Main Cards though because of my schedule and if I'm ever running late the DVR can catch it for me and I never miss a beat.
Super pumped tonight for Koreshkov vs Zaromskis. I really can't tell you who's gonna win that fight which makes it that much better.
Also looking forward to Lyman Good vs. Michail Tsarev. I think Good will when this tourney but who knows.
Biggavelli
10/26/12 1:02:15PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Their discussion about WMMA is hilarious right now. The chick just said that MMAis brutal and mean.

Posted by JLS1980

I always watch Bellator. Usually just the Main Cards though because of my schedule and if I'm ever running late the DVR can catch it for me and I never miss a beat.
Super pumped tonight for Koreshkov vs Zaromskis. I really can't tell you who's gonna win that fight which makes it that much better.
Also looking forward to Lyman Good vs. Michail Tsarev. I think Good will when this tourney but who knows.

Yeah both fights should be good, I would like to see Zaromskis vs. Good in the Finals.
pmoney
10/26/12 1:32:59PM

Posted by JLS1980

Ditto. I've been down with Bellator ever since. DVR is usually set to record it. I may get to watch live today, I'm not sure though.

kopower
10/26/12 1:37:33PM
Bellator puts out such good events. Good to see them sign some of the Russian talent out there. Should be some great fights tonight. I dig their play by play guys as well. Jimmy Smith does an outstanding job
JLS1980
10/26/12 2:34:40PM

Posted by Biggavelli

Yeah both fights should be good, I would like to see Zaromskis vs. Good in the Finals.

That's how I have it going Zaromskis vs Good in the finals.
You know anything can happen but I'm more confident in Good winning tonight, Zaromskis and Koreskov not so confident. That's why it's the Hot Bout.
Chael_Sonnen
10/26/12 2:35:07PM
Bellator is.....

Superb
Exemplary
Sterling
Marvelous
Super(-duper)

Totally created from the heavens above for my D-V-R

.....War Lyman Good and D-Strauss
FastKnockout
10/26/12 3:12:18PM
Stacked card. I'm excited.
shaneTpain
10/26/12 5:23:42PM
the thought of drinking a few beer, smoking a couple riddle-sticks & watching a bellator tourney is what got me through work today cant wait !!

WAR Michail "Lonely Wolf" Tsarev
Biggavelli
10/26/12 6:01:22PM
Prelims are starting now fellas
Biggavelli
10/26/12 6:03:44PM
That was fast!

Is it cool to talk about the fights in here? I dont want to spoil it for anyone if they are gonna watch later or something.
Budgellism
10/26/12 6:32:33PM

Posted by Biggavelli

That was fast!

Is it cool to talk about the fights in here? I dont want to spoil it for anyone if they are gonna watch later or something.

Yeah, you're good to talk about them in here

Maybe put (spoiler) at the end of the title but still, I'm sure it's good.

I just got home. Looks like I haven't missed much yet.

Our first League 2 bout is coming up next. Combs vs. Parlo.
Budgellism
10/26/12 6:37:50PM
Holy hell, Combs can really take a beating.

1-0, 11 to start this one off
Biggavelli
10/26/12 6:38:50PM
Combs had alot of heart but not enough head movement!
Biggavelli
10/26/12 6:58:08PM
Another finish

Great fights so far.
Biggavelli
10/26/12 8:32:39PM
That fight started a little slow, but they sure went for it right at the end.
shaneTpain
10/26/12 8:37:57PM
Dom Steele took a walloping! He hung in there tho, gotta give em that
shaneTpain
10/26/12 9:05:39PM
what a RNC by Straus!! Vey impressive performance
Biggavelli
10/26/12 9:29:10PM
So much for Zaromskis vs Good haha

Zaromskis Looked terrible, and I don't know what that ref was waiting for
kopower
10/26/12 9:44:45PM
What a card so far. Prelims all the way to main card fights have been exciting, with a ton of finishes. Can't ask for much more.