Bellator target Rasul Mirzaev reportedly arrested for death of Russian student

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator target Rasul Mirzaev reportedly arrested for death of Russian student
FastKnockout
8/19/11 3:47:38PM
Rasul Mirzaev's next fight will apparently take place in court rather than a Bellator cage.

Multiple Russian news outlets are reporting that Mirzaev was recently arrested in his native country and charged in the death of a 19-year-old student.

Mirzaev and Ivan Agafonov reportedly engaged in a verbal altercation outside of a Moscow night club before a single punch from the undefeated Russian prospect knocked the student down and eventually unconscious. He died from the blow four days later.

LINK
quezocrema0032
8/19/11 5:00:44PM
At the risk of sounding completely insensitive, its a shame this guy is prob going to get locked up because if he has enough power to end someones, life it really shows what kind of prospect this guy was. He deserves jail but he could have b een legit
Budgellism
8/19/11 5:34:22PM
Killing a guy with one punch is ****** up
MaxOne
8/19/11 6:10:47PM
I don't know what happened but i don't care who you are....if you can kill someone with one punch you deserve props... but probably shouldn't be allowed to fight.

machodog76
8/19/11 6:11:18PM
This same thing happened at my local bar between two drunk friends, 1 guy hit the other, he fell and hit his head on the curb and that was it, dead. Very sad for everyone involved I'm sure he had no intention of killing the guy.
Poor_Franklin
8/19/11 7:09:11PM
you're a trained fighter. gotta know better
Sir_Karl
8/19/11 7:36:13PM
The guy might have died from the punch but I would bet he hit his head on something after the punch knocked him unconscious. One blow to the head can definitely kill though...weather it is from a punch, a brick, a pipe or whatever. Sad sh*t really. People fighting on the streets makes me absolutely sick. Considering it was outside a club I would bet the farm this was alcohol related. Sad world. Barbarism.
FastKnockout
8/19/11 9:43:36PM
First, let me just say that some of these comments by Playground members are insensitive. Someone lost their life, show some respect, guys.

"before a single punch from the undefeated Russian prospect knocked the student down and eventually unconscious."

From this piece of the article it doesn't sound like a single punch did it to me, considering it says he was knocked DOWN and EVENTUALLY unconscious.
Aether
8/19/11 10:51:22PM
I doubt he actually killed him with the punch, he probably hit the back of his head on the pavement when he fell I would imagine. Pretty stupid thing to do. I think if you can't control your emotions you shouldn't even be learning how to fight in the first place.
Poor_Franklin
8/20/11 2:48:15AM

Posted by Aether
I think if you can't control your emotions you shouldn't even be learning how to fight in the first place.

tallica62
8/20/11 9:57:46AM
man...1 punch of death

watching MMA makes me feel a real street fight won't end that bad...win or lose...but then you read this..

i guess 4oz gloves do a lot more than just protect your hands
Kpro
8/21/11 1:19:48AM
I'm not trying to be insensitive but it takes two to tango and regardless who attacked first, if they were in a verbal altercation, I would imagine both were in bird-chested fighting stances as well. It's sad that it happened but that's why you don't do **** like that out of the gym. And if it was a sucker punch then disregard everything I said.