Bellator signs world-ranked bantamweight Masakatsu Ueda

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator signs world-ranked bantamweight Masakatsu Ueda
Budgellism
12/14/11 9:50:03AM
Former Shooto champion Masakatsu Ueda (14-1-2 MMA, 0-0 BFC) is Bellator bound.

Sources close to the world-ranked bantamweight told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the Japanese veteran has agreed to a multi-fight deal with the organization.

Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

A debut date and opponent have not been determined, but Ueda is considered a likely participant in a season-six bantamweight tournament that kicks off in March. Bellator also hosts eight-man tournaments in the featherweight, lightweight, welterweight and middleweights divisions that air on MTV2.

LINK
Budgellism
12/14/11 9:59:11AM
Slip up on the ufc's part imo.
FR33B1RD
12/14/11 12:32:44PM

Posted by Budgellism

Slip up on the ufc's part imo.

Absolutely, they should be all over free agents of top 10 talent, especially in the sparse Flyweight and Bantamweight divs.
RhythmAndStyle
12/14/11 12:48:09PM
if Bellator can improve their HW and LHW division, they'll have a really nice stable of fighters goin on..since their BW, FW, LW, WW and MW division are evenly stacked..tbh, i havent been disappointed was any move Bellator has done over the last few yrs..
hotrodttt
12/14/11 2:00:20PM
Big sign but not a huge impact, I love Bellator but they'll always be know for signing UFC cast offs and hot upcoming prospects. But they do have some epic fights
Budgellism
12/14/11 2:53:30PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

if Bellator can improve their HW and LHW division, they'll have a really nice stable of fighters goin on..since their BW, FW, LW, WW and MW division are evenly stacked..tbh, i havent been disappointed was any move Bellator has done over the last few yrs..

Me neither. They're making all the best decisions they can and they're learning from the mistakes they've made so far. Not to mention they've put on some amazing fights already in their short life span. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.