OFFICIAL MAIN CARD RESULTS
Alexis Vila def. Marcos Galvao via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28) - bantamweight tourney semifinal
Eduardo Dantas def. Ed West via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27) - bantamweight tourney semifinal
Travis Wiuff def. Champ Christian M'Pumbu (30-27, 29-28, 29-28) - light-heavyweight non-title fight
Ricardo Tirloni def. Steve Gable via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 3:54
OFFICIAL PRELIMINARY CARD RESULTS
Efrain Escudero def Cesar Avila-sub rd 1 (guillotine choke)
Richard Hale def. Carlos Flores via knockout (strikes) - Round 1, 0:18
Jacob Ortiz def. Edgar Garcia via knockout (punch) - Round 1, 4:06
Erin Beach def. Roscoe Jackson via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 3:52
Jade Porter def. Nick Piedmont via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
Steve Steinbeiss def. Dano Moore via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 4:52
* - Bout takes place following main event
Things to take away from Bellator 55,
1. Christian M'Pumbu should not be fighting at LHW. If you're weighing in at 200 pounds fighting a guy that cuts from 270 it's obviously going to be a huge disadvantage. He should be at MW for sure.
2. The judges were awful tonight. Dantas obviously won the fight, it should never have been a SD and Marcos Galvao clearly won a 29-28 decision. That's two fights in Bellator where he's been screwed out of a win.
3. Tirloni looked pretty good bug I'm not too sure how far he'll go. His opponent did look pretty game though.
4. Richard Hale needs to be in the next LHW tournament. He looks hungry.
X-Mas came early for Vila.
Well in regards to M'Pumbu, its not like he was dominated either. He almost knocked out Wiuff a couple times and came pretty close to a triangle and an armbar as well. I would be interested in a rematch, pending Diesel wins the next tournament.
Totally agree about the judging. Im glad Dantas pulled through. One thing about Galvao is, yes it was a crappy decision, but how many times does it have to happen before he brings a sense of urgency to the cage? He always fights like he's holding back.
Digging bellator this season