Bellator 21 results

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Bellator 21 results
jae_1833
6/11/10 1:14:48AM
link
Pat Curran def. Toby Imada via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Megumi Fujii def. Sarah Schneider via TKO (punches) - Round 3, 1:58
Mike Hayes def. Steve Banks via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD
Luis Palomino def. Jose Figueroa via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)*
Zach Makovsky def. Eric Luke via submission (kimura) - Round 2, 4:28*
Frank Carrillo def. Sabah Homasi via TKO (strikes) - Round 3, 3:16*
Moyses Gabin def. Chris Boffil via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 4:41
Brian Eckstein def. Mitchell Chamale via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Playground_Samurai
6/11/10 7:45:18AM
I personally think Imada got robbed. Curran landed a few good counter punches, but that was basically it. I thought Imada won all three rounds.
emfleek
6/11/10 8:28:50AM

Posted by gspfan

I personally think Imada got robbed. Curran landed a few good counter punches, but that was basically it. I thought Imada won all three rounds.

Agreed. I was floored when the decision was announced.
AchillesHeel
6/11/10 12:50:33PM
The announcers' constant mispronunciation of "Fujii" was driving me batty.
hate4thestate
6/11/10 1:08:52PM
i seriously cant believe curran got that nod. the huerta dec was also iffy. i really think imada won all three rounds decisively. no way curran won that fight at all. i think hes gonna get owned against alvarez.
ziegler3334
6/11/10 4:56:26PM
Imada got robbed for sure. He AT LEAST took the first 2 rounds. curran landed that one good counter in the 3rd that cut him open, but other than that was unimpressive. If a fighter is going to try to counter punch the whole fight, he needs to land a lot more than that to get a decision. imada controlled the pace the whole time, was aggressive, pushed curran up against the cage alot, and had way more takedowns. This was a really bad call and unfortunate for bellator. i've been impressed with bellator this season and can't wait for the 3rd season.

alvarez is going to run through curran....i would say the same thing if imada had gotten the decision too tho
ncordless
6/11/10 7:56:05PM
It was good to see Megumi Fugii get some airtime in the states. Little asian chicks kicking ass is always fun.

I thought Imada won the fight, but wasn't that suprised to see it go the other way. Imada was controlling the octagon, but his takedowns didn't mean anything really because no real time was spent on the ground. Does pushing a guy up against the cage mean more than a couple stiff counter shots? I thought in this case it did but two judges thought otherwise.