Bellator NYC PPV buy rate estimate is out

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator NYC PPV buy rate estimate is out
tildengolfer
7/20/17 11:50:00AM
Bellator MMA CEO Scott Coker had high expectations for Bellator NYC, the promotion’s second attempt at pay-per-view television, and the first under his watch. The promotion reported that their first attempt in 2014 did just over 100,000 buys.

“This is not something we’re going to go in and out of,” said Coker three weeks before the event, to Brett Okamoto for ESPN.com. “This is something we’re committed to. The company is committed to doing PPV fights.”

Link

machodog76
7/20/17 1:46:30PM
That seems like a dismal number but the UFC and boxing didn't fair much better with their recent PPVs. I hope the PPV model is dying.
prozacnation1978
7/20/17 3:50:09PM
UFC 213
Interim
And werdum vs reem

Bellator

2 titles

1 title leading into ppv
Return of fedor
Sonnen vs silva grudge match

Bellator threw its best.
Came out dog shit
FKA
7/20/17 4:47:33PM

Posted by machodog76

That seems like a dismal number but the UFC and boxing didn't fair much better with their recent PPVs. I hope the PPV model is dying.

Yeah its right along the same lines as boxing and the ufc ppvs seems buyrates are definitely down.Will be interesting to see how ppv goes moving forward.

Luckily Bellaforce has alot of money this ppv was a test to see where they are and they will analyze and make adjustments.

prozacnation1978
7/20/17 7:03:55PM
Mighty mouse shit ppv>>>bellator stacked ppv
Boom!!!!
jae_1833
7/20/17 8:19:04PM
It's the middle of summer break and we had 3 combat sports events competing with each other, none of witcharge would stand out over the others when it comes to casuals. I wouldn't worry too much, but I'd love to stop paying $60 for an event.