Bellator moves to Thursdays

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator moves to Thursdays
sparky
12/11/12 11:42:23PM
Via Bellator Press Release:

Emanating from The University of California’s Bren Center in Irvine, CA, featherweight world champion Pat Curran defends his title against explosive knockout artist Patricio Pitbull, while lightweight world champion Michael Chandler battles former Olympian Rick Hawn in their highly-anticipated Bellator Championship showdown.

The action-packed night also features the Bellator debut of decorated MMA veteran Renato “Babalu” Sobral, who will fight in the quarterfinals of the Light Heavyweight Tournament against Russian submission ace Mikhail Zayats.

“Our Thursday, January 17th premiere on Spike will be an incredible night for MMA fans; two epic world title fights and an amazing collection of tournament fights” said Bellator Chairman & CEO Bjorn Rebney. “Spike TV is the home for MMA and this event will be a great way to kick off that homecoming.”

Link
Budgellism
12/11/12 11:49:30PM
Nice! I've been waiting for this for a long time. Having Bellator on a Friday can suck sometimes.
Bubbles
12/12/12 1:02:31AM
nice!
thevoodooninja
12/12/12 6:51:35AM
Whoop whoop

Way better than Friday nights
twoguns365
12/12/12 11:52:18AM
Won't work as well with my DVR lineup, but if that's what it takes to see it on Spike i'm happy
postman
12/12/12 12:12:14PM
Oh How I love thursdays! My lady works so I go home from work fire up bud all night go get .80 pizza slices a block down the street, come home watch TV and no expects anything from me. God I love Thursdays!
prozacnation1978
12/12/12 1:41:26PM
Having tuf and now bellator move away from Friday
I can watch it live and not dvr it anymore