Bellator inks polarizing fighter War Machine

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator inks polarizing fighter War Machine
Budgellism
12/7/11 11:16:57PM
Bellator has signed War Machine (formerly known as Jon Koppenhaver before a legal name change). Again.

The 29-year-old fighter first joined Bellator in 2009 but was released soon afterward due to disparaging political comments he posted.

Now, fresh off a victory over fellow UFC vet Roger Huerta in a regional show, he's rejoined the organization, Bellator officials today confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

A debut date and opponent have not been released for the former cast member of "The Ultimate Fighter 6."

"Jon's not had an easy road," stated Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney while pointing to the fighter's family troubles and death of his fighter. "And there's no doubt he's made some poor choices, but after having had conversations with him since his release, he really seems to understand where and why things went wrong and wants to make them right. ... I hope he's able to turn this second chance into something positive."

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
12/7/11 11:41:03PM
Bellator has a pretty stacked WW division.
Budgellism
12/7/11 11:43:53PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Bellator has a pretty stacked WW division.

No doubt. I hope War Machine and Saunders end up fighting in the next tournament. That would be a great fight.
FastKnockout
12/8/11 1:43:57AM
I'm still surprised "War Machine" is accepted as a legal name.
Twenty20Dollars
12/8/11 1:51:38AM

Posted by FastKnockout

I'm still surprised "War Machine" is accepted as a legal name.

Celebs name their kids weird names. I think Jason Lee named his kid like flight inspector or something, I'd have to look it.

EDIT: Pilot Inspektor Riesgraf is his son's name.
ncordless
12/8/11 2:44:29AM
Wallass
12/8/11 5:34:44AM
Dude may not be a world beater but he's a fairly talented fighter.
shaneTpain
12/8/11 10:23:43AM
Give it a couple weeks & he'll do/say something stupid causing Bellator to cut em
scoozna
12/8/11 10:25:27AM

Posted by ncordless

war machine

lol...that's priceless, never saw that before. He should use that as entrance "music".

Chael_Sonnen
12/8/11 12:46:55PM
I hope he fights Brian Foster and Foster destroys this joker.