Bellator inks featherweight notable Marlon Sandro for non-tourney fights

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator inks featherweight notable Marlon Sandro for non-tourney fights
emfleek
2/23/11 1:09:28PM
Bellator Fighting Championships' recent shopping spree has netted another notable.

Officials today announced the signing of former World Victory Road/Sengoku champion and King of Pancrase Marlon Sandro (17-2 MMA, 0-0 BFC) to its featherweight roster.

Sandro won't compete in the organization's upcoming 145-pound tourney but will compete in season-four non-tourney fights on MTV2.

The Brazilian fighter and Nova Uniao team member never has competed in the U.S.

"Marlon Sandro is a phenomenal talent at 145," Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney stated. "Our featherweight division is absolutely stacked, and Sandro pushes that talent pool to an even higher level. I'm thrilled to have him on board."

LINK
postman
2/23/11 1:46:35PM
Wow amazing signing
Twenty20Dollars
2/23/11 2:06:31PM
Glad to see him sign somewhere, with the other orgs are starting to crumble.

Would like to eventually see him in the UFC.
sparky
2/23/11 3:11:49PM
I was hoping the UFC would grab Sandro but they never sign who I think they should!!!!!
machodog76
2/23/11 3:28:48PM
Awesome! I love Bellator, Looks like WVR is done.
xtra_chewy
2/23/11 4:14:47PM

Posted by sparky

I was hoping the UFC would grab Sandro but they never sign who I think they should!!!!!

postman
2/23/11 4:48:50PM

Posted by sparky

I Think they were reluctant to sign him because he would prob be a contender rather quick and he is a very close training partner with Jose Aldo.
Bloodhound
2/23/11 5:23:32PM
very happy to see Bellator sign Sandro, hes a top 145er and I would like to see Bellator do well
Bustamante-Aoki
2/24/11 4:08:05AM
Maybe Bellator just offered Sandro more money. He's worth more to them.

I'm sure the UFC wanted Eddie Alvarez and he went to Bellator instead.
gartface
2/24/11 8:18:44AM
Non tournament?
emfleek
2/24/11 9:00:45AM

Posted by gartface

Non tournament?

In other words...

1 fight per year.
gartface
2/24/11 9:07:24AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

Non tournament?

In other words...

1 fight per year.

Taking a real Strikeforce approach. Great way to compete with the UFC.
hate4thestate
2/24/11 12:37:39PM

Posted by gartface

Non tournament?

They said it is too late for this years tourny but next year he will be in it. Joe Warren must be droppin logs in his tighty whities.
postman
2/24/11 3:53:18PM

Posted by hate4thestate

Posted by gartface

Non tournament?

They said it is too late for this years tourny but next year he will be in it. Joe Warren must be droppin logs in his tighty whities.

Something tells me Joe Warren dosn't care about anything and would fight anyone for free.
hate4thestate
2/24/11 7:48:12PM

Posted by postman

Posted by hate4thestate

Posted by gartface

Non tournament?

Something tells me Joe Warren dosn't care about anything and would fight anyone for free.

Something tells me you do not know who Marlon Sandro is...
postman
2/25/11 8:38:04AM

Posted by hate4thestate

Posted by postman

Posted by hate4thestate

Posted by gartface

Non tournament?

Something tells me you do not know who Marlon Sandro is...

Yeah no clue fill me in. Is he good or something? Was he ever on the Ultimate fighter??? Thats all I know about the sport.