Bellator 61 headliner Eric Prindle scratches with flu-like symptoms, pushed to Bellator 62

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator 61 headliner Eric Prindle scratches with flu-like symptoms, pushed to Bellator 62
Kpro
3/15/12 2:19:25PM
Friday's Bellator 61 event has lost a headliner.

Heavyweight Eric Prindle (7-1 MMA, 3-0 BFC) is suffering "flu-like symptoms" from a heavy weight cut is unable to compete in tomorrow's main event with with Thiago Santos (10-1 MMA, 2-0 BFC), sources close to the event today confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

MMAjunkie.com reached Alvin Topham, the chairman of Louisiana Boxing & Wrestling Commission, who said he was en route to today's weigh-ins and will make an official decision with Bellator officials once there.

However, Bellator CEO today told our sister site, USAToday.com, the fight is canceled and will be pushed back a week to Bellator 62. A middleweight-tournament bout between Maiquel "Big Rig" Falcao and Norman Paraisy has taken the headlining spot for Bellator 61.

LINK
Franklinfan47
3/15/12 2:22:50PM
Dont be scared, Prindle.
Kpro
3/15/12 2:24:33PM
This was the Hot Bout for L2 and lock isn't for almost 9 hours, can we get it removed so that we have a Hot Bout?
emfleek
3/15/12 2:27:41PM

Posted by Kpro

This was the Hot Bout for L2 and lock isn't for almost 9 hours, can we get it removed so that we have a Hot Bout?

I removed it from the picks.
rush13
3/15/12 2:33:24PM
He's only delaying the inevitable lol he's gonna get tooled...Surprised it was the hot-bout.
sparky
3/15/12 2:40:17PM
secondary picks for that event lock today??? I thought all the events on the card werent until tomorrow how come they lock so early??
Kpro
3/15/12 2:42:50PM

Posted by sparky

secondary picks for that event lock today??? I thought all the events on the card werent until tomorrow how come they lock so early??

Probably because M-1 Global's card is in Russia, still their main card doesn't start til 11am ET tomorrow. So not sure.
emfleek
3/15/12 2:50:50PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by sparky

Probably because M-1 Global's card is in Russia, still their main card doesn't start til 11am ET tomorrow. So not sure.

I'm working on getting it changed.
machodog76
3/15/12 3:43:05PM
Cool thanks for the heads up Kpro, I wonder if they are going to replace it with another fight?
grappler0000
3/15/12 5:53:59PM

Posted by rush13

He's only delaying the inevitable lol he's gonna get tooled...Surprised it was the hot-bout.

Ditto