Bellator fighter Daniel Straus arrested in Florida on traffic and drug charges

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator fighter Daniel Straus arrested in Florida on traffic and drug charges
FastKnockout
3/2/13 11:25:59AM
Bellator fighter Daniel Straus was arrested on four traffic and drug charges on Friday in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Link
pmoney
3/2/13 12:42:19PM

Damn, driving on a suspended license (with a broken hand), over 20g's of weed and some Molly? Throw in the paraphernalia and that's no small bust. Quite the perfect storm of bad decisions actually. Bums me out, Strauss is a great featherweight. Hopefully he can get his shit together.
sparky
3/2/13 12:55:43PM

Posted by pmoney

Damn, driving on a suspended license (with a broken hand), over 20g's of weed and some Molly? Throw in the paraphernalia and that's no small bust. Quite the perfect storm of bad decisions actually. Bums me out, Strauss is a great featherweight. Hopefully he can get his shit together.

This is awful news Straus has been looking extremely good lately I wonder why he turned into OG of the year.
tcunningham
3/2/13 1:44:18PM
these arent charges that just go away with some fines. i could see him doing some jail time and more than likely getting the ax from bellator. he's a good fighter but bellator cant be employing people like that.
Chael_Sonnen
3/2/13 3:07:55PM
Yo Daniel - - I'm sure War Machine has some good advice for ya.....Hmmmm, the show JAIL airs on Spike, and so does Bellator....kinda goes hand in hand.

***they need to sign Rampage***
RacingHartPurple
3/2/13 4:22:43PM
20G's is actually not a lot of weed. It's under 1 oz. I'm not sure how Florida's laws are but if this is his first offense he'll probably get out of it.

For reference my brother was caught with a pound of weed in the trunk of his car. He was arrested but did no jail time and was able to get out of it with just probation. This is in NY though.
emfleek
3/2/13 4:35:42PM

Posted by RacingHartPurple

20G's is actually not a lot of weed. It's under 1 oz. I'm not sure how Florida's laws are but if this is his first offense he'll probably get out of it.

For reference my brother was caught with a pound of weed in the trunk of his car. He was arrested but did no jail time and was able to get out of it with just probation. This is in NY though.

The weed charge is nothing. They'll go after his ass for the X though.
oForrestGriffino
3/2/13 6:44:50PM
Weeds no big deal but the amount he got caught with is still a felony along with the ecstasy. I think this will be prison time.
shaneTpain
3/2/13 7:06:58PM
poor straus
hotrodttt
3/2/13 9:01:29PM
How did he get Molly in Florida lol I thought it was exclusive only in my home state, from my knowledge it's hard to find anywhere else.
emfleek
3/2/13 9:55:13PM

Posted by hotrodttt

How did he get Molly in Florida lol I thought it was exclusive only in my home state, from my knowledge it's hard to find anywhere else.

I can make a call right now and have it in 30 minutes. Hell, delivered if I want.

I'm in BFE Indiana.
Pookie
3/3/13 2:10:04AM
Yeah X is no joke. Id be surprised if he didnt get time.
JoeWarren33
3/3/13 3:07:21PM
Weed wouldnt be anything to stress, X def. Would be as some have said already.
Dont get these profiled people who dont.hire someone else, and just throw some dollars their way. Too risky, and now his career will be f'd due to it.
kopower
3/3/13 5:06:26PM
It just kills me to see this happen so often to professional athletes. Why would you even risk getting caught, when you are working your way to the top? Straus has so much potential, and now he just killed his chance to get to the UFC any time soon, if ever.