Bellator's Douglas Lima breaks hand, tourney final with Saunders moves to summer

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator's Douglas Lima breaks hand, tourney final with Saunders moves to summer
Budgellism
3/5/13 12:50:30PM
A broken hand has forced Douglas Lima (24-5 MMA, 6-1 BFC) out of his Season 8 welterweight tournament final with Ben Saunders (16-5-2 MMA, 7-2 BFC), Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney today announced.

However, rather than plugging in a replacement, the organization simply will delay the fight a few months and host it as part of its annual Summer Series of events.

An exact date hasn't been determined, a Bellator official today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

The fighters initially were slated to fight on March 21 at Bellator 93, which airs on Spike TV from Lewiston, Maine.

LINK
sparky
3/5/13 1:12:00PM
I was literally just talking about Lima and how much fun he is to watch fight...... then I come on my favourite place to be the PG to find out this bad news
BillsNewAccount
3/5/13 3:29:36PM
Total bummer. Lima is one violent dude. If he gets a good TDD game I'd love to see him in the UFC.
Poor_Franklin
3/5/13 5:14:17PM
airkerma
3/6/13 9:20:56AM
F this, make the fight happen anyway. He doesn't need hands for another tko leg kicks