Bellator 40 Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Bellator 40 Discussion
FastKnockout
4/9/11 6:20:54PM
This thread can be used to discuss tonight's Bellator event. I'm excited to see Ben Askren fight. One of the more aggressive wrestlers in MMA.
Budgellism
4/9/11 6:51:27PM
-Ben Askren (7-0) vs. Nick Thompson (38-13-1) Askren by decision

-Brent Weedman (18-5-1) vs. Jay Hieron (20-4) - Hieron by decision

Season 4 Lightweight Tournament Semifinal Bout:
-Lloyd Woodard (11-0) vs. Michael Chandler (6-0) - Chandler by decision

These should all be exciting fights though.
TS92turbo
4/9/11 9:14:31PM
Beautiful Slam by Chandler in rd1. Why are there no elbows at all?
Budgellism
4/9/11 9:33:08PM

Posted by TS92turbo

Only because it's a tournament bout. They don't want guys getting cut up since they fight every few weeks.
TS92turbo
4/9/11 9:35:21PM
Chandler got the UD. Great takedowns. Patricky Pitbull will get the knockout. I think so. If his shots dont get em, chandler by UD
TS92turbo
4/9/11 9:36:22PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by TS92turbo

Only because it's a tournament bout. They don't want guys getting cut up since they fight every few weeks.

Oh ok thanks.
FastKnockout
4/9/11 10:07:05PM
Great fight by Chandler. I think he has a chance to pull a small upset and win the tournament.
Budgellism
4/9/11 10:33:45PM

Posted by Budgellism

-Ben Askren (7-0) vs. Nick Thompson (38-13-1) Askren by decision

-Brent Weedman (18-5-1) vs. Jay Hieron (20-4) - Hieron by decision

Season 4 Lightweight Tournament Semifinal Bout:
-Lloyd Woodard (11-0) vs. Michael Chandler (6-0) - Chandler by decision

These should all be exciting fights though.

2 for 2 so far

1-1 for Strikeforce
kingsmasher
4/9/11 10:56:20PM
I think Askren would beat GSP pretty easy too
FastKnockout
4/9/11 11:01:32PM
Askren had a nice little single-leg to dominant position in the first round. He's impressive.
kingsmasher
4/9/11 11:08:54PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by TS92turbo

lol u definetly got that right thats about all that can happen...chandler is matt hughes all over again
Budgellism
4/9/11 11:09:25PM

Posted by kingsmasher

That's a bold statement. There's a pretty big difference between GSP and every opponent Askren has fought.
Twenty20Dollars
4/9/11 11:14:31PM
I'm kinda not liking these champs in super fights, they need to find another things for the champ, but idk the tourney kinda forces them to do non title super fights.
FastKnockout
4/9/11 11:15:20PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by kingsmasher

That's a bold statement. There's a pretty big difference between GSP and every opponent Askren has fought.

Agree. Askren is impressive, but he has nothing on GSP at this point.
kingsmasher
4/9/11 11:41:49PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by TS92turbo

lol u definetly got that right thats about all that can happen...chandler is matt hughes all over again

yeah its incredibly bold and ranks up there with Asrens wrestling...Its like I said phenomenal and he would own GSP on the ground...But like i said a funky move will get him subbed one day....

Guy has great control on top and doesnt get winded at all...
kingsmasher
4/9/11 11:43:47PM
I know nobodies gonna agree Askren beating GSP but he would definitely ge him down and his GNP is aggressive when on top...

The better wrestler decides where the fight takes place...
kopower
4/10/11 12:13:53AM

Posted by kingsmasher

I know nobodies gonna agree Askren beating GSP but he would definitely ge him down and his GNP is aggressive when on top...

I don't know if you're serious or not but GSP has some excellent wrestling himself. He owned Kos and Fitch. Askren is still too green. GSP by domination.
kingsmasher
4/10/11 12:24:54AM

Posted by kingsmasher

I am quite aware of GSP wrestling but Askren is another breed he prolly one of the best in the world...im sayin Askren wins easily if hes smart but his nickname is his downfall...A funky move he would get subbed but GSP isnt on that level to pulll that off...

Seriously though that guys wrestling is phenomenol but he does make mistakes and it only takes once to get caught..