Bellator champ Hector Lombard and 'Babalu' discuss potential fight, origin of feud

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator champ Hector Lombard and 'Babalu' discuss potential fight, origin of feud
emfleek
9/22/11 1:06:37PM
As the days go by, the buzz continues to snowball regarding a potential showdown between Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard (30-2-1 MMA, 7-0 BFC) and free agent Renato "Babalu" Sobral (36-9 MMA, 0-0 BFC).

Details began to trickle out late this past week regarding the possibility of the non-title "super fight" consummating at 205 pounds. The Nov. 19 Bellator 58 event in Hollywood, Fla., was floated as the target date.

But despite the chatter in recent days – and what appears to be the endorsement of all stakeholders – the fight is not yet set in stone.

LINK
prophecy033
9/22/11 1:40:18PM
This fight would a Legit fight for Lombard, Babalu is no slouch. I hope it happens
gartface
9/22/11 2:37:36PM
I love this fight, but I don't see it as a much different result than any of Lombard's recent fights. I think he'll take it to Babalu.

I need to see Lombard in the Octagon soon, Dana. Please?
emfleek
9/22/11 2:54:52PM

Posted by gartface

I need to see Lombard in the Octagon soon, Dana. Please?

Agreed. At 33, he's not getting any younger.
hashyandy4
9/22/11 3:19:38PM

Posted by prophecy033

This fight would a Legit fight for Lombard, Babalu is no slouch. I hope it happens

Totally agree Proph, also agree that we need 2 get Lombard in the UFC ASAP.
40ouncetpkid
9/22/11 4:05:45PM
R.I.P Babalu.