Bellator's Brian Foster not medically cleared, replaced by newcomer Jordan Smith

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator's Brian Foster not medically cleared, replaced by newcomer Jordan Smith
BuffaloDave
3/22/12 3:30:36PM
Promotional newcomer Jordan Smith (17-2 MMA, 0-0 BFC) has replaced Brian Foster (18-5 MMA, 0-0 BFC) in Bellator Fighting Championships' season-six welterweight tournament.

Smith now faces undefeated prospect David Rickels (8-0 MMA, 3-0 BFC) in an opening-round matchup.

According to Bellator officials, the Mohegan Sun Commission – which oversees MMA at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn., site of Bellator 63 – Foster "will need to be screened for additional testing before he is medically cleared to fight."

A UFC veteran, Foster was released from the promotion after a pre-UFC 129 medical examination revealed a brain hemorrhage. Foster was cleared shortly after, but the UFC didn't re-sign him. Since his UFC release, Foster has picked up a pair of wins outside the organization.

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
3/22/12 3:48:07PM
bummers
DrivenDavies15
3/22/12 4:05:40PM
Wanted him to win the whole thing
FastKnockout
3/22/12 5:28:56PM
Budgellism
3/22/12 5:37:17PM
So bummed out about this one
cowcatcher
3/22/12 5:52:24PM
This might spell really bad news for his career going forward and that's a shame because he has a ton of potential and brings it whens he's in the cage. I'm hoping he can get this cleared up and get healthy soon so he doesn't have to leave this sport without it being on his terms.
mattjonesy
3/22/12 7:15:57PM
One of my favourite fighters to watch! He really showed some promise of being a contender one day. Health comes first though just get healthy dude.
Bubbles
3/22/12 8:10:34PM
I feel for the guy. Hope all is well and he can have a good career
Chael_Sonnen
3/22/12 8:48:47PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Wanted him to win the whole thing

I had visions of Mr. Foster smashing Askren enroute to winning the title
rush13
3/22/12 10:20:10PM
This definitely sucks...he was one of the favourites to win the tourney...as u all said, hopefully he'll be healthy soon...he's great to watch.