Bellator..

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Bellator..
FastKnockout
10/22/11 7:29:59PM
Just noticed the phrase on the poster for tonight's event.

"Where title shots are earned, not given."

Not sure how long they've had the phrase, but it's true. Seems to be a common occurrence in the UFC these days where title contenders are sometimes judged based on their popularity instead of their actual track record. This is why I enjoy Bellator. Each title shot is a title shot earned through tournaments. I'll be heart broken if the UFC purchases Bellator in the future.

How do you guys feel about Bellator?

Chael_Sonnen
10/22/11 7:32:37PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Just noticed the phrase on the poster for tonight's event.

"Where title shots are earned, not given."

Not sure how long they've had the phrase, but it's true. Seems to be a common occurrence in the UFC these days where title contenders are sometimes judged based on their popularity instead of their actual track record. This is why I enjoy Bellator. Each title shot is a title shot earned through tournaments. I'll be heart broken if the UFC purchases Bellator in the future.

How do you guys feel about Bellator?

Yeah, they developed that phrase since they began......Love Bellator, hate the fact that MTV2 doesn't have HD.

Tonight's fights should be EPIC
grappler0000
10/22/11 8:00:50PM
It replaced their previous slogan, "Beating the champ doesn't always mean that you get the belt".
Budgellism
10/22/11 8:14:46PM
I'm a big fan/supporter of Bellator. I feel like they're officially the number 2 organization once Strikeforce inevitably collapses. They're very unique and have been very successful in their short life span. I believe they'll be competing with the UFC for years to come.
shaneTpain
10/22/11 8:15:37PM
Bellator isn't the UFC but I agree that there tournament heavy style is a nice alternative
prophecy033
10/22/11 8:20:38PM

Posted by grappler0000

It replaced their previous slogan, "Beating the champ doesn't always mean that you get the belt".

Love it. Gotta spread the love tho
Twenty20Dollars
10/22/11 8:27:44PM

Posted by grappler0000

This.

They need to have other contenders that can fight for the title or something while the tourney's are going on.
hashyandy4
10/22/11 8:41:56PM
I do really enjoy all of Bellator's shows. But it will never come close to the UFC, Bellator is a far behind 2nd while the dying strikeforce is 3rd, as far as MMA organazations
FastKnockout
10/22/11 9:49:21PM

Posted by grappler0000

True.
tcunningham
10/23/11 3:45:35AM
135lbs, 145lbs, and 155lbs are good. the rest Are nothing special.