Bellator

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Bellator
ThaAxeMurderer7
9/10/10 6:31:58PM
So I went to my first Bellator show last night in New Orleans and wanted to share some of the moments that went on there.

First, I don't know what the hell they were thinking with scheduling the event the same night as the Saints/Vikings game. I talked to one of the ushers and she told me that they had only sold around 200 tickets. The theatre holds over 2000 I believe. It was still fun.

Something else that was pretty funny was when I met Joe Stevenson. He was there with a couple of his buddies and he was wasted. There were a couple of times when he had 4 or 5 beers in his hand running around and acting like a little kid. Very entertaining.

The fights were pretty good. Some were really hard to call imo. Bellator always seems to put on some really good fights. I think I liked the preliminary fights better than the ones they showed on tv.

Of course with the show being in New Orleans the night couldn't end without something as embarassing as a good ol' fashioned brawl in the crowd. In fact, it was more of a riot. There had to be like 30 or 40 people involved in this fight. This one guy got knocked clean out cold and had to be taken out on a stretcher. Some tried rushing the stage but failed. Others just ran around shouting obscenities and flashing gang related hand signs. They had to cancel the final prelim fight at the end of the night when the NOPD showed up because all of the white trash involved in the brawl were going crazy but I didn't care. We were ready to leave b/c we didnt want to get shot.

All in all, I had a pretty good time despite all the crap at the end. If any of you guys get a chance to attend a live Bellator event, do it. It's a lot of fun, they usually have some really good fighters and the prices are decent compared to a UFC event.
jae_1833
9/10/10 9:55:20PM
Every Org is priced better than a UFC event, for tickets and for PPV.....but you pay for what you recieve.