Bellator 115-LBs Women's Tourney Taking Shape

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator 115-LBs Women's Tourney Taking Shape
sclasclemski
6/1/10 6:40:33AM
Bellator Fighting Championships recently began a push into women’s mixed martial arts announcing the signing of Megumi Fuji and Rosi Sexton, widely regarded as two of the top female fighters in the world.

Late last week, Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney talked with a little bit more detail regarding the promotion’s plans for an eight-woman tournament.

“The goal and the entire idea was to put together a tournament with the greatest female fighters in the world: Megumi Fuji, Rosi Sexton we’ve announced; Jessica Penne, Lisa Ward, as well.”

link

I think Bellator has been doing great job and with Strikeforce really dropping the ball in alot of ways Bellator is in a great position to slide into the number two spot. I just wish I could see the fights on Thursday nights...Comcast has not been airing them at all where I live...the format is great and will definitely be sending guys into the UFC before too long...and they can really capitalize on the womens division...its always been said that a tourney would be a great way to develop the division quickly and now they are making it happen....what is wrong with Strikeforce?
StriderXero
6/1/10 2:38:22PM
Yuka Tsuji and Seo Hee Ham would be some awesome additions aswell.
MMAcca
6/2/10 1:32:50AM
Rosi FTW!
prozacnation1978
6/2/10 7:47:19AM
Looking forward to that weight class the most to compete in bellator this aug