i believe frank mir is going to own brock lesnar

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » i believe frank mir is going to own brock lesnar
Next Page »
TheFlatLINER
1/24/08 12:24:24PM
Mir is the guy that broke tim silva's arm and lesnar has an extreme disadvantage in the experience part of mma. Mir also has been the champ and lesnar is just a stepping stone to getting his belt back.
postman
1/24/08 12:40:46PM
I don't know about Mir getting his belt back but I thik that Brock's strenght is going to be GNP and being on the ground with Mir is a bad Idea for most ppl.
Twenty20Dollars
1/24/08 12:44:48PM
I really hope Lesnar destory's Mir! Dont get me wrong I like Mir and I want to see Mir vs Sylvia 2, but I want brock to get off to a good start so he can fight Sylvia too
owen1
1/24/08 1:13:06PM
Mir will sub him.Lesnar doesn't have enough expierience and mir is a bad matchup for him cause he's so good on the ground.
odogg22
1/24/08 1:31:57PM
I think it will be an intersting match up. I havent been impressed with Mir performaces lately and Lesnar is an awesome wrestler. I believe if lesnar gets him down it will be a GNP KO 2 round if he dont then it will probley goes the distance. But lesnar is unproven and this wil be a match to watch to see how he does.
loonytnt
1/24/08 1:37:30PM
sub 2nd mir wins imo
loller90278
1/24/08 3:24:25PM
i think it depends on which mir comes to fight, if its the old frank mir who was subbing anyone they put in front of him, i believe his JJ will pay off from lesners GnP.. if its the mir that got knocked out by vera, lesner should steam roll through him.

with that being said, im taking mir 2R armbar.
Gladiator
1/24/08 3:37:14PM

Posted by postman

I don't know about Mir getting his belt back but I thik that Brock's strenght is going to be GNP and being on the ground with Mir is a bad Idea for most ppl.

I got Mir by sub in round 1.
StevenSeagal
1/24/08 3:41:56PM
I got Brock round 2 ref stoppage... Mir is past his prime I think. Looked like poop last couple of fights.
telnights
1/24/08 5:39:59PM
Lesnar's wrestling is really good. He has been training MMA with some of the best for over a year and even if Mir does get him in something I think Lasnar has the power get out of most stuff. I think a lot people are thinking this fight will be like the Tim Sylvia one was. He isn't Tim Sylvia he is much stronger and much better on the ground. I think Lesnar's wrestling and GnP will be to much for Mir. I also don't think the UFC would invest this much in to a guy without someone they trust in the biz saying they should.

Lesnar Rnd 1 GnP TKO

I like Mir I just don't think his hearts in the game anymore.
wolfman
1/24/08 5:43:01PM

Posted by telnights

Lesnar's wrestling is really good. He has been training MMA for while and even if Mir does get him in something I think Lasnar has the power get out of most stuff. I think a lot people are thinking this fight will be like the Tim Sylvia one was. He isn't Tim Sylvia he is much stronger and much better on the ground. I think Lesnar's wrestling and GnP will be to much for Mir. I also don't think the UFC would invest this much in to a guy without someone they trust in the biz saying they should.

Lesnar Rnd 1 GnP TKO

I agree, I'm thinking Lesnar wins this fight either in the first or second round by TKO.
papercut
1/24/08 5:47:38PM
I hope mir wins with a first round sub but not any sub the same armbar he got Sylvia in because I'm tired of hearing that interview where Lesnar says "so he broke Sylvias arm, who cares?"
mrliquid
1/24/08 5:56:48PM
Brock has weak standup he looks uncomfortable in training and barely to non BJJ all he has is wrestling and muscles Mir will take him with ease.
Boo_Radley21
1/24/08 6:00:16PM
I've got Mir by submission in this fight
owen1
1/24/08 6:09:22PM

Posted by mrliquid

Brock has weak standup he looks uncomfortable in training and barely to non BJJ all he has is wrestling and muscles Mir will take him with ease.

Ya from what ive seen of Brock he looks uncomfortable standing in training.
loller90278
1/24/08 6:12:07PM

Posted by telnights

Lesnar's wrestling is really good. He has been training MMA with some of the best for over a year and even if Mir does get him in something I think Lasnar has the power get out of most stuff. I think a lot people are thinking this fight will be like the Tim Sylvia one was. He isn't Tim Sylvia he is much stronger and much better on the ground. I think Lesnar's wrestling and GnP will be to much for Mir. I also don't think the UFC would invest this much in to a guy without someone they trust in the biz saying they should.

Lesnar Rnd 1 GnP TKO

i think you're underrating sylvias ground game.. it's actually very good for such a big heavyweight
KeNn
1/24/08 6:21:11PM
MIR i send brock back to wwe.
ufcboss
1/24/08 7:36:39PM
It's been proven time and time again that tonnes of hype and big name, Doesnt mean crap once there locked in the cage.
The underdog is really no longer the underdog in this sport anymore.
I see Lesner being the underdog big time, But you can see he is for real, and that he wants this, It say's something when he could be making million's in the 'WWE' and he is hanging around for a shitty MMA wage!, That being said.

Lesner R1 TKO
jiujitsufreak74
1/24/08 9:27:35PM
although lesnar is a great wrestler, it is how he uses that wrestling in MMA that will make the difference. if he can do it like hughes, gsp and sherk have then he will be a force...but if it is like koscheck or radev he will be in trouble. until brock proves that he can apply his wrestling efficiently in MMA i wont bank on it so i can't sit here and pretend i am 100% certain he will control mir. in this fight i have to go with the JJ fighter here, i mean look at my name. i have mir by submission, most likely 2nd round once he is able to weather the storm i see him applying a sick submission to the inexperienced brock. brock should have had a lower level fight first just to gain experience because a fight with mir can be very problematic for him.
CornishMMA
1/25/08 9:08:39AM
I do LOL when people saying about Brocks inexperience in MMA and Franks vast experience in MMA, what about experience in cardio? who wins there? If this fight goes into the 2nd round then i give Frank no chance to win at all

I also dont think Mir can really take a punch and not turtle up, he badly turtled against Vera and i see the same happening

I did have Mir by sub 1st round and i still think he will come close but i see Brock powering out and GnPing him in the 2nd

ps - thanks thread poster for pointing out that frank was that guy who broke tims arm, i almost forgot
garrick
1/25/08 10:25:30AM
Mir sub round 1
drunkel
1/25/08 11:14:05AM
When we see Brock and Mir in the ring Brock is going to dwarf him.
Brock by gnp in the first, too much power for Mir to handle.
atlas777
1/25/08 11:32:36AM
I love Frank Mir but he has loads of problems with his game his striking is pretty abismal and his cardio i dont think he has any yes he has more experience than lesnar but lesnar is a beast his whole body is muscle which is going to make him hard to submit becuase hes so strong im not saying that mir cant do it but it will be hard with both guys having an advantage on the ground it will most liekly take place there unless one decides to strike and i know that wont be mir, if anyone would want to bang it would be lesnar but im not sure how good his hands are but im lead to believe that he probably hits pretty hard it will be an interesting match but mir has been beat by guys alot smaller than lesnar with almost as little expereince (Cruz) i think Lensar will overwhelm mir with his strength and wrestling abililty and gnp a vicotry in the first.

As far as sylvia vs mir 2 it wont happen probably ever and it wouldnt be as good a fight as it was the first time, Sylvia learned his lesson the first fight and would just keep it on his feet. until i knocked mir out/
Taylor8766
1/25/08 12:00:46PM
Frank Mir, first round sub. I could also see Lesnar getting KO'd he hasn't had his chin tested or his ground so I think he is going to get owned.
nibrack11
1/25/08 12:12:17PM
ya mir is going to own him in the first round with a submission it will probably end in a arm bar that would be funny.
KO
1/25/08 3:36:43PM
Lesnar vs Mir is a joke. Lesnar doesn't have a chance. MMA isn't fake like the WWE.
NatedawgThaM
1/25/08 3:45:03PM

Posted by KO

Lesnar vs Mir is a joke. Lesnar doesn't have a chance. MMA isn't fake like the WWE.

It's not fake it's scripted. Get in a ring and take some slams and then tell me it's fake.

I agree with Cornish. If Mir does not submit Lesnar in the 1st, then he's not winning this fight. I don't think his hands, chin, and cardio are good enough. Lesnar is actually a mental midget like Kurt Angle said. It's going to be all about the mental state. Lesnar put a lot of pressure on himself with all the crap he's talking but Mir has a lot of pressure getting back up to the top HW he once was.

People at Brock's camp says he hits very hard. He's very athletic and his cardio is very good since he can wrestle at WWE PPV's from10-15 minutes. Brock is stronger and Mir's experience can't be that much of a factor since he's like 1 or 2-3 since coming back.

I have to go with Brock by 2nd round TKO. It could go to a decision but Brock has so much to prove to a lot of the MMA fans so I think he'll impress us with a 2nd RD TKO.
CornishMMA
1/28/08 10:12:00AM

Posted by KO

Mate youre the only joke around here And i look forward to seeing you put your WHOLE bankroll on Mir then

Brock is a physical specimen, yes i accept we dont know alot about his striking or his BJJ but we know he is a fantastic wrestler and it will crossover to MMA, but from his 1st fight you can see him pass Kims guard very easily and hit very very hard

Its a 50/50 fight and a perfect clash of styles, if you arent excited to see this fight i feel sorry for you!
mrliquid
1/28/08 11:40:54AM
Only way brock is going to win is by decision if it even makes it to the 3rd wich I doubt would happen or by a lucky couple of shots while gnp he wont submitt mir or have alot of time to set anything up on the ground considering mir's skill with submissions and if mir stand up is at the level it was before his accident I don't see brock being as accurate with his punching or being able to block and dodge an attack if it stays standing I see alot of bullying up against the cage by brock I just hope its not a boring fight.
drunkel
1/28/08 11:53:13AM
Sounds like a lot of back and forth on this one.

Anyone want to throw down a 30 day avatar bet?
I got Lesnar
Pages: [1] 2