I believe bj vs diaz is 5 rounds. host has only 3 rounds on platground

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » I believe bj vs diaz is 5 rounds. host has only 3 rounds on platground
JoeWarren33
10/27/11 12:57:01AM
Thought id do a post so it can get.changed. Since its main.event I believe its 5 rounds......if it is the host may want to update it on pick page.

Regards
hippysmacker
10/27/11 1:15:32AM
Diaz and his trainer want that. BJ said only if they paid him more. They declined.
Chael_Sonnen
10/27/11 1:23:42AM
3 rounds
JoeWarren33
10/27/11 1:26:41AM
Thx for thr quick reply, thats a shame. But regardless of what each party prefer, it being a main fight of card its 5 rounds no? Very dissapnted its only 3. Do you have a link to where you read this? Thanks
grappler0000
10/27/11 1:40:41AM

Posted by JoeWarren33

Thx for thr quick reply, thats a shame. But regardless of what each party prefer, it being a main fight of card its 5 rounds no? Very dissapnted its only 3. Do you have a link to where you read this? Thanks

They signed a contract for 3. They've been training for 3. So, unless both parties agree, it wouldn't really be fair to force 5 rounds on them.
Twenty20Dollars
10/27/11 1:43:39AM
When the two signed on for the fight, it was the co-main event. They probably would have had to resign for 5 rounds.

Plus Dana said after the GSP injury, that it was still going to be 3 rounds.
Poor_Franklin
10/27/11 5:49:40AM

Posted by JoeWarren33

But regardless of what each party prefer, it being a main fight of card its 5 rounds no?

dana said this trend was starting at 138, so i dont feel that we're necessarily entitled to it.

although fighters should train for 5 rounds anyways, i think the short notice would make it difficult to change....but then again i picked BJ so this is def in my favor
pmoney
10/27/11 1:22:17PM
The UFC really should start putting some language in their contracts so they can switch to five rounds. Let's say they are signing the co-main event for a big card. The contracts are for a three round fight. Put in an option, that both fighters can agree to, that states if the main event of the card gets pulled, and the co-main becomes the main event, that it can become a five round fight. The option can come with stipulations. Say fighter X was going to make 20k to show and 20k to win for the co-main. If it becomes a five round main event, fighter X will now make 35k to show and 35k to win. Just an example. It can't be much more difficult than a normal contract.