Believe It Or Not! Butterbean Wants Kimbo

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Believe It Or Not! Butterbean Wants Kimbo
Next Page »
SmileR
3/25/08 11:12:52PM
They don’t want to fight me, I hit too hard! Kimbo doesn’t want to fight anybody that can knock him out and I’m the man that can do it. Kimbo doesn’t want to fight anybody that can hit and I can definitely hit.”

Butterbean also says he can take Kimbo’s punches. Sadly, this is a fight that could actually happen and no one — real MMAers, at least — wants to see it. Place your bets now: does Butterbean last longer than Tank Abbott did?

Link

Full Butterbean interview here
Gladiator
3/25/08 11:45:18PM
of course he wants kimbo slice, the guy has a big name and is completely untested! Butterbean isnt near good enough to beat someone in the top ten, but if he somehow (doubtful but possible) knocked out kimbo then it would probably be his biggest MMA accomplishment yet and earn him a fat pay check
tdietel01
3/25/08 11:50:22PM
from what i have seen of butterbeans fights all you have to do is get him on hs ass and game over! all kimbo has to do is take him down. if they stand up and fight, im sure butterbean can take a couple more hits than tank did but i dont see him making it out of the first round
jiujitsufreak74
3/25/08 11:56:50PM
i think Kimbo wouldn't want to fight Butterbean because of the 100lbs weight difference not b/c he has a weak chin...Butterbean better realize that he is asking Kimbo to fight someone a lot heavier than he is. i think Butterbean would win this one just by weight differential, experience and stylistically. you box a brawler and that is exactly what Butterbean will do...not to mention he does have some keylocks he likes to pull out of his ass.
WhiteWidow
3/26/08 12:05:10AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i think Kimbo wouldn't want to fight Butterbean because of the 100lbs weight difference not b/c he has a weak chin...Butterbean better realize that he is asking Kimbo to fight someone a lot heavier than he is. i think Butterbean would win this one just by weight differential, experience and stylistically. you box a brawler and that is exactly what Butterbean will do...not to mention he does have some keylocks he likes to pull out of his ass.

Genki Sudo begs your differ
Twenty20Dollars
3/26/08 12:05:23AM
i wouldnt mind seeing this fight. Cus i would like to see these two throwdown!
jiujitsufreak74
3/26/08 12:17:44AM

Posted by WhiteWidow

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Genki Sudo begs your differ

yes but Kimbo is not Genki Sudo and that was Butterbean's first MMA fight.
jae_1833
3/26/08 12:45:02AM
If this fight happens and Kimbo KOs him in the first then they are going to have to stop making him the freak fighter and start lining up some real competition, maybe even some old schoolers. Kimo, would be one I would like to see. What about getting Kimbo to fight a grappler.....like Barnett!!
Kpro
3/26/08 12:57:58AM
Can we have them fight in a Toughman ring!
PaleHorse
3/26/08 1:26:34AM

Posted by SmileR

They don’t want to fight me, I hit too hard! Kimbo doesn’t want to fight anybody that can knock him out and I’m the man that can do it. Kimbo doesn’t want to fight anybody that can hit and I can definitely hit.”

Butterbean also says he can take Kimbo’s punches. Sadly, this is a fight that could actually happen and no one — real MMAers, at least — wants to see it. Place your bets now: does Butterbean last longer than Tank Abbott did?

Link

Full Butterbean interview here

As much as I would love to see Butterbean knock Kimbo off his horse, I think that Kimbo needs to fight a top 10 heavyweight otherwise he's just going to be another joke. Tank, Bo Cantrell, Ray Mercer? Top 1,000, not top 10. I'd like to see Forrest step up and do what he did sparring with him.
jiujitsufreak74
3/26/08 1:35:48AM

Posted by jae_1833
What about getting Kimbo to fight a grappler.....like Barnett!!

that would be a great idea if the goal was to see Kimbo get completely outclassed and embarrassed.

i say let Kimbo work his way up the Strikeforce rankings first before we start taling top 10 competition. he still has to face Big Foot, RR, Overeem and Buentello before even being considered at the top of Strikeforce let alone the world.
McBee
3/26/08 1:38:52AM

Posted by jae_1833

If this fight happens and Kimbo KOs him in the first then they are going to have to stop making him the freak fighter and start lining up some real competition, maybe even some old schoolers. Kimo, would be one I would like to see. What about getting Kimbo to fight a grappler.....like Barnett!!

Do not mention Josh Barnett and Kimbo is the same sentence ever again, Kimbo deserves Butterbean, this whole thing is bad for MMA, any broken down brawler can do some bum fights on YouTube and be a main card over Jake Shields

chubbud22
3/26/08 2:08:27AM
Kimbo would get his leg broken against barnett, let Kimbo keep fighting freak show; he does not deserve to fight a top 10 fighter and if he ever does he will loose.
loller90278
3/26/08 2:18:36AM
jeez, everyone needs to stop badmouthing kimbo.

what has he done thats ever offended anyone?
from all the interviews he seems like a very cool guy, and even humble.

from the fights ive seen, he has pretty good stand up, and he trains JJ with bas rutten for 4 hours a day.

given enough time and experience, we might just see him crack the top 10.

you can't expect a man with only a handful of MMA fights to be fighting top caliber fighters (barnett ) just yet
Kpro
3/26/08 2:41:04AM

Posted by loller90278

you can't expect a man with only a handful of MMA fights to be fighting top caliber fighters (barnett ) just yet

In our world of instant gratification, where the booing begins if there is no KO in the first 30 seconds; I do believe that an extremely large percentage of MMA fans unrealistically do expect this.
McBee
3/26/08 2:43:35AM

Posted by loller90278

from the fights ive seen, he has pretty good stand up, and he trains JJ with bas rutten for 4 hours a day.

Sure some day he could be something but he should be in K of the Cage right now where I do not have to watch him grow. EliteXC shoudl show some pride and be where guys fight who have proven themselves like in the UFC instead of random guys having their 1st and 2nd fights
chubbud22
3/26/08 2:49:08AM

Posted by McBee

Posted by loller90278

Sure some day he could be something but he should be in K of the Cage right now where I do not have to watch him grow. EliteXC shoudl show some pride and be where guys fight who have proven themselves like in the UFC instead of random guys having their 1st and 2nd fights

RMFG_187
3/26/08 2:50:42AM
BUTTERBEAN ROUND 1 KTFO! Kimbo has no Chin, i have seen him get dropped by your average street fighter. his ground game hasn't been tested really, and Butterbean has many Submissions under his belt. I Think Kimbo will be upset once he fights Better fighters.
telnights
3/26/08 5:43:29AM
LOL I find it funny that all these fighters keep calling out Kimbo. You know why because they know they can beat the guy and he has a big following of uneducated fans. So it means a big payday for them. Man whats bad is Shaw is marketing this guy as if he is the champ.
whardin19
3/26/08 6:52:54AM
Butterbean, Butterbean, Butterbean. Quit trying to get a big payday by fighting Kimbo. No one wants to see you fight in a MMA ring and no one thinks you deserve a fight with anyone you can make big money on. Kimbo would finish Butterbean easily in the first round.
whardin19
3/26/08 6:54:49AM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by McBee

Posted by loller90278

Two words for the guys having there first fights in the UFC. BROCK LESNAR.
MondayNiteMauser
3/26/08 8:21:52AM
Forget butterbean it's too much of a weight differential....Where's Cabbage? How about Cabbage?
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/26/08 9:59:27AM

Posted by MondayNiteMauser

Forget butterbean it's too much of a weight differential....Where's Cabbage? How about Cabbage?

Cabbage is a flat out punching bag IMO... he doesnt even throw that many punches anymore, he just stays there and takes it... on the other hand...i would love to see kimbo try and take a butterbean punch, as i would like to see butterbean take a kimbo punch... this could be the "freakshow" fight of the year
McBee
3/26/08 10:24:49AM

Two words for the guys having there first fights in the UFC. BROCK LESNAR.

dominant NCAA wrestler and HUGE name goes a lot farther towards being a MMA superstar than some dude with a huge beard and a weird name fighting bareknuckle boxing matches in some guys den. I do not think Lesner should be a co-main event but I understand, he is also good enough to hang with that chinese dude and Mir, unlike the cans Kimbo has been getting for the main event slot he has been doing.
MaxOne
3/26/08 12:19:01PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by loller90278

In our world of instant gratification, where the booing begins if there is no KO in the first 30 seconds; I do believe that an extremely large percentage of MMA fans unrealistically do expect this.

sad but true.
DaMaGeInC
3/26/08 12:53:02PM
yah well well butterbean doesn't deserve to fight anyone until he can even make a heavy weight weight class, butterbean hasnt been 265 since high school. This fight could happen if butterbean got down to 265. it would be real dumb for anyone to go to an open weight fight with butterbean personally i would like to see mark hunt back in action for Kimbo that would be a better fight, now moving to Kimbo he's got talent we know his stand up is good he needs to to be tested on the ground this next fight i hope they do end up giving him Big Foot Silva, if he wins that fight that should shut some haters up, even giving him ricco would be a good move its time they up the level of competitors for Kimbo. I'm sure training with El Guapo isn't a bad thing
McBee
3/26/08 12:57:00PM

Posted by DaMaGeInC

yah well well butterbean doesn't deserve to fight anyone until he can even make a heavy weight weight class, butterbean hasnt been 265 since high school. This fight could happen if butterbean got down to 265. it would be real dumb for anyone to go to an open weight fight with butterbean personally i would like to see mark hunt back in action for Kimbo that would be a better fight, now moving to Kimbo he's got talent we know his stand up is good he needs to to be tested on the ground this next fight i hope they do end up giving him Big Foot Silva, if he wins that fight that should shut some haters up, even giving him ricco would be a good move its time they up the level of competitors for Kimbo. I'm sure training with El Guapo isn't a bad thing

NO Mark Hunt should be insulted if he was offered the fight, how about a total and utter reject like Christian Wellish or Sherman Pendergast or Carmello Marrero any of these people would most likely beat Kimbo even though they were handled in the UFC
tylerlee123
3/26/08 4:17:20PM
I think Kimbo will be Knocked Out in one of his next two bouts but i doubt it will be by Butterbean, It would be some crazy if Robert Berry or Neil grove did it though
McBee
3/26/08 4:27:03PM

Posted by tylerlee123

I think Kimbo will be Knocked Out in one of his next two bouts but i doubt it will be by Butterbean, It would be some crazy if Robert Berry or Neil grove did it though

hopefully it will be a no name so we can put the whole thing to rest like Tank and Cabbage, brawler with no discipline do not belong in MMA, Kimbo might show himself different but until he does stop advertising him.
backalley101
3/26/08 5:01:07PM
Yeah, you say don't mention Kimbo and Barnett in the same sentence. Yeah, you're right. One's known for street fighting and the other is known for cheating by using steroids. I don't know where all the hate for Kimbo comes from, but the guy trains his ass off and is taking MMA seriously, and he seems like a cool guy. And I can't wait for Kimbo to show what he can really do. War, Kimbo, war.
Pages: [1] 2