Belfort: "Wand has not a good chin"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Belfort: "Wand has not a good chin"
ffforgottenx
3/1/07 8:59:11AM
Credit: tatame.com

Belfort: “Wand has not a good chin”

Training for his fight at the Cage Rage 21, which will be held on April 21st in , Vítor Belfort enjoyed the opportunity to analyses the bout between Wanderlei Silva and Dan Henderson on last Staurday (24) at Pride 33. He already faced both athletes; he defeated Wanderlei Silva by KO at UFC and lost to Henderson by unanimous decision at the first edition of Pride Las Vegason last year, so Belfort was already waiting this result.

- I didn’t get surprised. I was already expecting this result, because Wanderlei hasn’t got a good chin. Wand didn’t do any mistake, but Henderson was better than him. The KO doesn’t lie, nobody can complain. Henderson showed that has much more game than Wanderlei has – said Belfort , who also analyzed the bout of Rogério Minotouro against Romeau Thierry Sokoudjou. “Rogério didn’t have any luck. He wasn’t KO’d at the second round that happened in the beggining of the bout. It happens. It is obvious that if the bout was for the ground, Rogério would submit him”, evaluated the black belt.

Vitor also talked about his adversary at Cage Rage 21 e how he is trainin for the bout. “I don’t remember his name, but I know he is a real Italian, a European champion. I will fight to win this bout, because he is a tough fighter, he is good on the Wrestling game and has a heavy hand”, told Belfort.
ElGuapo31
3/1/07 8:01:40PM
i honestly could care less what belfort has to say anymore...as far as im concerned id be happy if he never competes again...wand would KILL him...he needs to shut his mouth and beat someone else besides anthony rea
nate22
3/1/07 8:04:14PM

Posted by ElGuapo31

i honestly could care less what belfort has to say anymore...as far as im concerned id be happy if he never competes again...wand would KILL him...he needs to shut his mouth and beat someone else besides anthony rea

Rea was a great win for Belfort considering how bad he has been in the past few years.
Snacks
3/1/07 8:28:31PM
You guys act as if he's lying or some shit. Wand has a horrible chin.
loller90278
3/1/07 8:46:38PM

Posted by Snacks

you TAKE THAT BACK, RIGHT NOW!

he doesn't have a HORRIBLE chin

don't troll
kthnxbye
hippysmacker
3/1/07 8:54:01PM
I think Wandy has a great chin. Vitor actually devalues his own Ko by saying this. Wandy has taken shots from a lot of People and has never been one-punch Koed. He has good recovery time also. Even Hunt floored him with all his power and Wandy survived. Anybody can get beat from an accumulation of blows, now matter how great their chin. Witness Wandy/Fujita.
ElGuapo31
3/1/07 10:17:52PM
I think Wandy has a great chin. Vitor actually devalues his own Ko by saying this.

haha good point didnt even think of that...even if wands chin is a little soft his recovery is amazing
madmarck
3/2/07 8:36:24AM

Posted by Snacks

Well my chin might be a bit weak after Cro Cop Kicked it into oblivion. And 15 years of it getting pounded in general.
pv3Hpv3p
3/2/07 4:28:34PM
I always find myself defending Wandy whenever I can... He does not have a great chin, but on the other hand has some of the best recovery skills in MMA...

IMO, the years and years of fighting top notch comp is starting to wear on him a little, but nothing can break that man's fighting spirit...

But this is by far the end of the Wanderlei Silva era, he will come back strong and hungry...
Snacks
3/2/07 8:22:40PM
I guess guys that get dropped by Oyama have great chins...

Not to mention Tito, Sakuraba, and other generally shitty strikers with no power.
hippysmacker
3/2/07 8:48:53PM
Getting dropped and getting Koed are completely different thing IMO. Especially someone who is out of control and off balance a lot of the time. I don't care if a guy gets dropped. It happens, the guy who recovers, weathers it, gets up, and keeps coming has a great chin IMo. Maybe we just disagree on the defintion of chin.
Snacks
3/2/07 8:53:35PM
Wow, just wow.

I didn't know "recovery time" and "chin" are interchangeable terms, someone please tell me when this happened.
Stickan
3/2/07 9:17:10PM
Not many fighters would be left standing after all those punches he took against Mirko. Wandy has not a bad chin. He has survived numerous times against heavy punches.
KennzoR
3/2/07 11:30:41PM

Posted by madmarck

Well my chin might be a bit weak after Cro Cop Kicked it into oblivion. And 15 years of it getting pounded in general.

Crocop didn't kick Wanderlie's chin into oblivion. Left high kick to the side of the head= KO. It would be more accurate to say that Hendo knocked Wandy's chin into oblivion, in my opinion.
hathcock32
3/3/07 5:06:42AM
I must say though the KO Vitor had on Wandy is one of the best KO's ever. Its great to watch.He backs him up all the way across the ring WOW THE old Vitor days.