Belfort Vs. Henderson a Possibilty For UFC 103?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Belfort Vs. Henderson a Possibilty For UFC 103?
sclasclemski
7/28/09 6:46:54AM
As seen first on MMAFaze.com, grumblings around the MMA world are stating that UFC 103 will have two high profile brawls as main events.

Rumors are already saying that the current main event of Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin will be scrapped in favor of a returning Tito Ortiz stepping in for Henderson. Already a big rumor as it is. It doesn't stop there, folks.

The newest rumors are stating that if Henderson is replaced by Ortiz at 103, Hendo won't be without a fight. Who is his rumored opponent? None other than the Phenom; Vitor Belfort.

Link

Jimbo
7/28/09 6:56:12AM
I'll be more than happy if Belfort fights anyone in the UFC, or just anyone period.
cowcatcher
7/28/09 7:39:13AM
great fight if true, hendo gets a chance to avenge lindland, and vitor gets to jump immediately into title contention with a win. i hope this happens.
prozacnation1978
7/28/09 9:17:55AM
either that or tito vs rich is better than a hendo vs rich 2
i would rather see belfort vs hendo
Aleks_Smash
7/28/09 10:42:39AM
I say Tito takes a decision over rich. Dan definitely takes Vitor. Dan has a strong chin and he will take vitor down at will.
RhythmAndStyle
7/28/09 12:16:26PM
let's not forget that Hendo already beat Vitor in Pride..but as of right now..i would take Vitor..Hendo boxin has been lookin bad as of lately and that punch he landed on Bisping..that was comin from a mile away..he loaded and unloaded that one..and Bisping was winnin the match with his 1-2's..until he got caught..Vitor would win a UD over Hendo this time around..as Vitor has been lookin alot better than Hendo has...
p.s. someone said before me that Vitor would get title shot if he beats Hendo..i doubt it..he'll probably face Nate Marquardt or someone along the line of that level...
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/28/09 3:12:51PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

let's not forget that Hendo already beat Vitor in Pride..but as of right now..i would take Vitor..Hendo boxin has been lookin bad as of lately and that punch he landed on Bisping..that was comin from a mile away..he loaded and unloaded that one..and Bisping was winnin the match with his 1-2's..until he got caught..Vitor would win a UD over Hendo this time around..as Vitor has been lookin alot better than Hendo has...
p.s. someone said before me that Vitor would get title shot if he beats Hendo..i doubt it..he'll probably face Nate Marquardt or someone along the line of that level...

Really? You think Bisping was beating Hendo. Sorry man but I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I thought Dan dominated the whole fight up until that point. Bisping was so desperate he tried to shoot in and Dan just smiled at him.

I think Hendo vs. Belfort would be a really good rematch. Vitor has seen a resurgence in his career and Dan has that awesome chin. I have to say I would really like to see Dan vs. Tito though and Rich vs. Vitor more but Vitor wants to stay at MW and Dan does too.
mkiv9secsupra
7/28/09 3:42:22PM

Bisping was definitely not winning that fight. He had a bit of momentum in the second round but that was it.

It doesnt matter which of the 3 Hendo faces imo. Hes going to beat them all, but i would much rather Dan put Titos lights out and Franklin and Vitor battle it out. But like has been posted already, Franklin wants to stay at 205 for now and Vitor wants to fight at 185...
pv3Hpv3p
7/28/09 3:46:14PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

A lot of people won't agree with you that Bisping was winning any part of the fight with Hendo... Although the first was a slow feeling out round, I know not a lot of people like giving even rounds, but there was no damage done to either fighter while Dan stalked and Michael danced... If you looked at Dan's gameplan, it was obvious he was loading the right, but executed the plan pretty well after all...

Why wouldn't Vitor get a shot if he beats Dan? Bisping was going to get one after not accomplishing much in the MW div... And it'll be considered new blood for Silva as appose to having Marquardt fight him again... That and I really want to see a Hendo / Marquardt fight
sclasclemski
7/28/09 5:21:16PM
Vitor would absolutely get a title shot for beating Dan...Dana already mentioned wanting him to fight Anderson as it is
ultimateweapon
7/29/09 1:40:48AM
damn i'd love to see hendo fight belfort
would be epic
JuggaloWarrior878
7/29/09 2:46:33AM
Would probably go the same way the first fight went and be sorta boring.
sclasclemski
7/29/09 6:55:21AM
I don't think it would be boring...based on Vitor's last two fights he has come out swinging
Aleks_Smash
7/30/09 10:25:24AM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

if you really believe that bisping was winning that fight in any way at any time.... then you should stop watching MMA because you dont get the sport and how points are scored. if its a joke then you are really funny and i give you props. but if it is a real statement then im gonna have to ask you to never post anything again..