Belfort in the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Belfort in the UFC
chickmagnet
3/26/09 1:55:47PM
I would really like to see Vitor return to the UFC at middleweight...He has a lot of interesting match-ups. Belforts boxing is so crisp. I thought Lindland was a bad match-up for him but he put him away fast! I would love to see a match between Belfort and Silva in the future. But I really want to see Belfort come back, and make an impact on the division.

War Belfort
Twenty20Dollars
3/26/09 1:59:30PM
Well anderson will prolly retire before vitor gets back in the UFC.

Plus I think Belfort is going to ride it out with affliction and then maybe make a comeback, if the UFC would take him.
Franklinfan47
3/26/09 3:37:27PM
I believe he will be back one day. He has already held a belt in the ufc and still has a solid fan base. He's always exciting to watch and can knock out almost anybody at mw. Can't wait to see him back.

WAR BELFORT
Tein_Lung
3/26/09 4:11:09PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I believe he will be back one day. He has already held a belt in the ufc and still has a solid fan base. He's always exciting to watch and can knock out almost anybody at mw. Can't wait to see him back.

WAR BELFORT

i wouldn't call the luckiest graze ever = to "holding the belt" he won by a fluke and then got his ass beat worse then serra.. atleast Serra beat GSP to the point he tapped... Vitor got a lucky cut on randy without doing anything,,,
Franklinfan47
3/26/09 4:27:47PM

Posted by Tein_Lung

Posted by Franklinfan47

WAR BELFORT

i wouldn't call the luckiest graze ever = to "holding the belt" he won by a fluke and then got his ass beat worse then serra.. atleast Serra beat GSP to the point he tapped... Vitor got a lucky cut on randy without doing anything,,,

I wasnt arguing that he was the most prestigious champion the ufc has ever seen, I was stating the simple fact he was the champion.
CwB
3/26/09 5:40:13PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Tein_Lung

Posted by Franklinfan47

WAR BELFORT

I wasnt arguing that he was the most prestigious champion the ufc has ever seen, I was stating the simple fact he was the champion.

I liked what Vitor said about that cut-punch, If that punch would have connected it would have knocked randy out, whether its true or not doesnt matter, maybe randy's the lucky one by not getting knocked out... But who cares bring him BACK
prozacnation1978
3/26/09 6:21:38PM
i wish the ufc would have grabbed him before afflication

i do believe right now he should be in the top 10 middleweights in the world

i am hoping after afflication departs or his contract is up the ufc will bring him back
bls1919
3/26/09 7:01:51PM
As soon as Affliction folds the UFC needs to jump pn getting the Phenom back. He is only 31 yrs old. young enough and has a wealth of expierience. i would love to have Vitor bcak.
Dragoslav
3/26/09 7:13:50PM
The UFC operates primarily in Cali and Nevada. Both of those athletic commissions still aren't too happy with Vitor going overseas to fight after getting banned for steroids. It's possible that Dana might avoid picking him up due to trying to keep good politics with them.

Also, I wouldn't put too much stock in Vitor looking good against Lindland. Lindland hasn't really looked that good in most of his outlings lately, and I'm not even counting the Fedor fight. And his chin is very suspect.
copcopps
3/27/09 2:01:54PM
I would like to see Vitor back. and see him face Kang if Kang gets out of this slump he's in kinda
Dragoslav
3/28/09 1:55:26PM
Why would you wish that kind of beating on Kang?