Belcher or Salmon

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Belcher or Salmon
the-james
5/15/07 10:56:13PM
Now that Schafer is off the ufc 71 card and is being replaced with Alan Belcher who do you think takes it.

I think Belcher takes this by probably a Unanimous Decision or maybe a Ko/tko late, but he is taking the fight on short notice and Salmon is a good wrestler so he may lay and pray him to a decision.

What do you think?
xthe_scottx
5/15/07 11:02:01PM

Posted by the-james

Now that Schafer is off the ufc 71 card and is being replaced with Alan Belcher who do you think takes it.

I think Belcher takes this by probably a Unanimous Decision or maybe a Ko/tko late, but he is taking the fight on short notice and Salmon is a good wrestler so he may lay and pray him to a decision.

What do you think?

IMO, Salmon still takes it. Belcher is 185 and is fighting a very good wrestler at 205. I see Salmon taking this by a unanimous decision or maybe a submission if Salmon brings the perfect game plan.
ButterBalls
5/15/07 11:11:53PM
Salmon by Teenage Mutant Ninja Headkick.
the-james
5/15/07 11:26:16PM

Posted by butterballs

Salmon by Teenage Mutant Ninja Headkick.

Trapt1nw0nder
5/16/07 12:33:58AM
i dunno but Belcher's last KO was similar to the KO Rashad put on Salmon..

I think Salmon will be open to that kick again being a wrestler and all...wrestlers always have their heads exposed looking for a takedown.

the only way i see Belcher winning is by KO or sub ...i dont think he will win by decision
Northrend
5/16/07 2:24:46AM
I'm picking Belcher by KO.
Svartorm
5/16/07 3:44:26AM
I'm giving it to Salmon, just because hes fighting a smaller guy whos taking the fight as a late replacement.
GabeArizona
5/16/07 3:54:44AM
Salmon looked good in the first round against Evans and dominated him with ground and pound so I'll go with him to win a decision. Plus training with Rich Franklin and Jorge Gurgel has to have helped his all around game.
Violentcuv
5/16/07 10:08:31AM
Im going with Salmon by sub in round 2. I think he was hanging right in there with Rashad until he got caught.
kaduey
5/16/07 3:00:04PM
Salmon is too good of a wrestler to lose to like Belcher. Salmon will dominate by decision.
teamquestnorth
5/16/07 3:07:43PM
7 of his 9 wins have come by submission for salmon but I think hell get the ud
Pookie
5/16/07 3:09:44PM

Posted by Svartorm

I'm giving it to Salmon, just because hes fighting a smaller guy whos taking the fight as a late replacement.

Exactly.
keith-hackney1
5/16/07 3:13:40PM

Posted by the-james

What do you think?

Its a year of upsets, i will take belcher !!!!!
SteedTheDeed
5/16/07 7:36:31PM
salmon might be too big for belcher
raindrops21
5/16/07 11:24:00PM
Salmon takes this probably by decision. He could pull of a sub, but he definitely has the advantage over Belcher who's taking the fight on short notice and is a natural MW.