Belcher Vs. Day At UFC 83, Cote Off

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Belcher Vs. Day At UFC 83, Cote Off
DCRage
2/11/08 7:40:33AM
A late change to the UFC 83 card has been revealed as Patrick Cote, expected to be on the card, is now off due to an injury. It was also learned that he would not have accepted the Alan Belcher fight that was rumored to be offered to him, so Belcher will now reportedly fight Jason Day at 83.

Article
nickcuc547
2/11/08 7:55:22AM
why wouldnt he accept it, what's he a superstar now. beating kendall grove and mcfedries does not make you a star, far from it actually.
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/11/08 9:10:35AM
bummer, was looking forward to see the predator in live action
Boo_Radley21
2/11/08 9:14:28AM
That's shitty. I really wanted to see him kick Belcher's ass.
tuvok500
2/11/08 11:04:27AM
Cote suffered a sprained knee after falling on some ice and will be unable to train for four to six weeks.

GermanWolf
2/11/08 1:41:56PM
I feel for him getting injured, but ducking Belcher does not win him points in my book. Getting butchered by Travis Lutter, boring people to death against Scott Smith, then starching Glass Joe and Staph Man does not make you a superstar.

babalu2720
2/11/08 1:49:55PM

Posted by GermanWolf

I feel for him getting injured, but ducking Belcher does not win him points in my book. Getting butchered by Travis Lutter, boring people to death against Scott Smith, then starching Glass Joe and Staph Man does not make you a superstar.

Lol, true that man, I hope Cote's not drinking too much of his own Cool-Aid, is he on on a good run, yes, is he even top ten in my books, no.
wolfman
2/11/08 1:54:24PM

Posted by GermanWolf

This is very true.
Kpro
2/11/08 3:22:15PM
His manager saying that he did not accept the fight and would not have accepted the fight doesn't necessarily mean because it was Belcher, it could be because they already knew about the injury and UFC 83 was too soon.

Assuming is not logic.
jrmmaclassics
2/11/08 3:42:29PM
Does this mean that Starnes and Quarry are back on the card?
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
KingKash
2/11/08 4:40:18PM
Jason "Dooms" Day!!!!!! I am excited to see a fighter out of Lethbridge getting a chance in the UFC. I hope that he can put on a good show and get the win.
BlazinSaddle
2/11/08 5:37:39PM

Posted by tuvok500

Cote suffered a sprained knee after falling on some ice and will be unable to train for four to six weeks.

lol slipping on ice
jiujitsufreak74
2/11/08 8:47:37PM
don't sleep on jason day. he is a very skilled fighter that can hold his own. he just picked up a very controversial win over David Loiseau like a week ago and he has beaten goulet as well. now, he lost his fight with cote at TKO 29 i believe where he was KOed in the first so its not like he is at the same skill level but by no means is this an easy fight for belcher.

and as for the whole cote not taking the fight, i believe that was only because he was injured. i think people are misreading it to say that he wouldn't have taken the fight even if he was not injured, but i don't believe that is the case.
bobby_loco13
2/11/08 9:09:59PM
next step is to bring the ufc to lethbridge...
jae_1833
2/11/08 10:24:38PM
DAMN!! I was really looking forward to that fight!! No joke!! I think it's a good match up and now it will just have to be put on the back burner...Maybe Cote can fight Almeida...I know he has only 1 win lately but it was suprisingly quick, could be a good fight and bring up Cote's grappling skills!
whardin19
2/11/08 10:40:58PM
Dang it! I was looking forward to seeing Belcher win this fight against Cote. I'm becoming a fan of Belchers and I am wanting to see him fight again. It's good he'll still be on the card hopefully I get to see his fight. As for Cote even though I'm not a big fan I hope for a full recovery because the guys exciting to watch fight. Hopefully this fight happens down the road though.