If someone beats Fedor?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » If someone beats Fedor?
chrismithers
6/27/08 7:43:42PM
Do you think they will get the number 1 ranking at heavy weight like Serra did at Welter when he beat GSP
juanez13
6/27/08 7:56:45PM
depends who it is, if its Sylvia that does it, i'd give him the #2 spot (since he just recently lost to Nogueria) and give Noguiera the #1 spot. If its a no name fighter (or fairly unknown), they'll probably gain top ten status, but not the #1 spot, kind of like when Soko exploded into the scene. Only difference with the Serra situation, is that Fedor currently holds no major promotional belt, unlike GSP who was champ at the time in the UFC's WW division, which is one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC.
mrsmiley
6/27/08 8:03:03PM

Posted by juanez13

depends who it is, if its Sylvia that does it, i'd give him the #2 spot (since he just recently lost to Nogueria) and give Noguiera the #1 spot. If its a no name fighter (or fairly unknown), they'll probably gain top ten status, but not the #1 spot, kind of like when Soko exploded into the scene. Only difference with the Serra situation, is that Fedor currently holds no major promotional belt, unlike GSP who was champ at the time in the UFC's WW division, which is one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC.

MFOTHER
6/27/08 8:25:55PM

Posted by juanez13

well said.......... i'd prop u ..but i gotta spread th elove
RandyCouture
6/27/08 8:35:20PM
If Tim Sylvia is ranked the number 1 anything in the world ill quit watchin mma until he retires.
jimmypockets
6/27/08 9:22:56PM
I agree if Sylvia wins I would put him at #2. The only person I would give the #1 spot to is Couture and if he did beat Fedor that would set up a great match between Randy and Big Nog.............maybe
holt8081
6/27/08 11:52:30PM

Posted by RandyCouture

If Tim Sylvia is ranked the number 1 anything in the world ill quit watchin mma until he retires.

He is ranked the #1 Goofyist basterd in the world of MMA.
mrsmiley
6/28/08 12:25:02AM

Posted by holt8081

Posted by RandyCouture

He's also the worlds number one Farva look alike.
Pitbull09
6/28/08 1:43:10AM
Wait, who put Serra as #1 when he beat GSP? I had him at 10 til I finally could take him off after the rematch

If its one of the top five guys, it might get them the spot but most likely not for Sylvia
Scott_Revels
6/28/08 2:46:53AM

Posted by chrismithers

Do you think they will get the number 1 ranking at heavy weight like Serra did at Welter when he beat GSP

If you think Fedor is the number one (which I don't) then yes.
If you don't think Fedor is the number one (which I do) then that person has to beat Noguiera to be number one.

A win against Fedor would go a long way towards changing my mind, but I would need to see the person who beats Fedor beat Nog before I would be convinced.
voodoo-jitsu
6/28/08 3:58:00AM

Posted by holt8081

Posted by RandyCouture

u could have stopped typing after world
Manfred
6/28/08 6:14:02AM

Posted by Scott_Revels

If you think Fedor is the number one (which I don't) then yes.
If you don't think Fedor is the number one (which I do) then that person has to beat Noguiera to be number one.

A win against Fedor would go a long way towards changing my mind, but I would need to see the person who beats Fedor beat Nog before I would be convinced.

So if Fedor beats Tim, will Fedor be #1 on your list since he beat Nog 2 (and a 1/2) times?
telnights
6/28/08 6:43:17AM
Well you could argue for 1st or 2nd. Silva did a really could job in the Nog fight and was beating the heck out of Nog right up to the point he got caught in a sub (but that's how Nogs seams to win). It also depends on how he beats Fedor. But I still don't think Fedor should be ranked 1st right now because of his lack of competition for the past 3 years. I really don't like Timmy as a fighter much but I so hope be beats Fedor so people will stop acting like Fedor is gods gift to MMA and will help a few people unlodge their heads from the read ends.
jocka
6/28/08 11:37:20AM
I thnk if Tim wins he should be put at number 2 since he lost to Nog but honeslty i just can t wait to see Fedor fight agains a real top 5 for a change. Can t wait for that fight!!!!!
prozacnation1978
6/28/08 12:18:40PM
if fedor loses i still think he is number 1 with winner being close number 2 unless randy beats him