Does anybody have JT beating Kimbo?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Does anybody have JT beating Kimbo?
Next Page »
NatedawgThaM
5/13/08 11:21:57PM
I've seen around the site on variety of different off topic kimbo threads people saying their opinion on that topic and then at the end saying he will lose to Kimbo. I just want to see how they see this happening.

Because honestly I just can't give JT more of a chance then just the fact it's MMA and anything can happen. Kimbo has a way better chin and actually has better technique then his opponent for the 2nd straight fight!! I know JT could take it to the ground and expose his ground game but I just can't see him doing that since Kimbo has been training with Bas for several months now and I doubt Bas is letting him fight without knowing at least decent knowledge about submissions being the submission expert that he is. Kimbo has better stand up and I think this will look a lot like Kimbo-Tank. Like Tank, JT likes to dirty box brawl by grabbing the back of your head but I see Kimbo avoiding that like he did with tank with great head movement and Tank has a better chin so I see JT going down with the first counter straight that lands by Kimbo. I don't even see this touching the ground until JT is dropped just because JT stood with Butterbean who is probably the hardest hitting heavyweight in MMA when he connects. So Kimbo takes this under a minute in the 1st by KO and hopefully next he faces a decent wrestler!!!

Thoughts?

Aaronno9
5/13/08 11:32:16PM
Ill pick kimbo, but i could see james winning if he just keeps kimbo clinched up or takes him down and out wrestles him. I mean, its all well and good saying kimbos going to be good on the ground becouse hes training with bas, but james is training with couture now so id imagine his wrestling will of improved alot. Plus he has a hell of a lot more experience than kimbo, and im guessing the game plan drawn up for him will be to take the fight to the ground becouse hes probably going to get knocked out he stands with kimbo for any period of time.

Also, i dont know where people get this idea that kimbos got a good chin, i mean, hes never been hit. The only time ive seen him hit where with some shocking punches from his street fights, and in his fight with gannon where he was rocked on more than one occasion. And i dont care how much you train with bas rutten, is gannons rocking you, your chin aint all that.
cmill21
5/13/08 11:41:25PM
I don't. I don't get all the talk about Kimbo, sure he's being hyped but thats just his promoters job, he doesn't do anything to cause it other then replying to peoples questions. He's got pretty good boxing, huge power and he's a tough guy. Anyways I think he'll beat JT, but who knows.
NatedawgThaM
5/13/08 11:42:20PM
Taking a punch in a street fight proves you have a good chin more then taking a punch in MMA. The glove-no glove is the difference. Mark Hunt and Big Nog have a better chance of getting KO'd in a street fight then in an MMA fight. And everybody has KO power as long as you have a fist and can throw it in a street fight. Especially if your a freakin heavyweight. I'm not saying his chin is solid rock but it's definitely not weak. It's average until proven better or worse.

And ring experience means nothing especially when you do the same thing and get KTFO in all of them.
Kpro
5/13/08 11:45:22PM
Keep this in mind when assessing the 2 fighters. If Thompson and Kimbo's roles were reversed and JT was 2-0 with wins over Bo Cantrell and Tank Abbott, and Kimbo had fought fighters like Neil Grove, Brett Rogers, Don Frye, Butterbean, Broughton, Fujita, Aleks Emelianenko there's a real good chance you'd have the exact opposite feeling about each fighter.

JT has been dedicating himself to his Greco Roman Wrestling at Team Quest, and was executing it perfectly until Rogers created a little seperation.

I think a few more months of training since that last fight, he will be able to get into the Greco Roman Clinch and wear at Kimbo until he puts him on his back.

Kimbo has never been in a situation like that and of course we won't know what happens until we see it, but JT is skilled enough and strong enough to hold him there while he works some GNP.

JT's strategy will be to bang to get in close enough to grapple, not as in previous fights where the strategy was to bang until one guy falls.

I have JT with a 2nd Round GNP. EDIT: Unless JT drops him in the 1st.
cmill21
5/13/08 11:55:11PM

Posted by Kpro

Keep this in mind when assessing the 2 fighters. If Thompson and Kimbo's roles were reversed and JT was 2-0 with wins over Bo Cantrell and Tank Abbott, and Kimbo had fought fighters like Neil Grove, Brett Rogers, Don Frye, Butterbean, Broughton, Fujita, Aleks Emelianenko there's a real good chance you'd have the exact opposite feeling about each fighter.

JT has been dedicating himself to his Greco Roman Wrestling at Team Quest, and was executing it perfectly until Rogers created a little seperation.

I think a few more months of training since that last fight, he will be able to get into the Greco Roman Clinch and wear at Kimbo until he puts him on his back.

Kimbo has never been in a situation like that and of course we won't know what happens until we see it, but JT is skilled enough and strong enough to hold him there while he works some GNP.

JT's strategy will be to bang to get in close enough to grapple, not as in previous fights where the strategy was to bang until one guy falls.

Problem with that is JT can get KO'd with the first jab that touches him.
Kpro
5/13/08 11:58:54PM

Posted by cmill21

Kimbo doesn't throw jabs.
NatedawgThaM
5/14/08 12:07:20AM

Posted by Kpro

That's the biggest ACL to your argument. You had me their and almost convinced me but even the slightest thought of banging will get him on the ground unconscious. It is a great plan that he'll probably definitely follow but getting into the clinch will be his biggest downfall. I can only see them clinching if JT can catch a punch and pull him close or duck one and clinch by keeping his head under kimbo's arm. But I just have can't remember ever seeing him duck a punch. I just think Kimbo's good head movement will be too much for him to clinch and when he comes into clinch he'll get dropped with a perfectly placed straight right!
Pookie
5/14/08 12:27:38AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by cmill21

Sure he does.
Pookie
5/14/08 12:28:33AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM
I just think Kimbo's good head movement will be too much for him to clinch and when he comes into clinch he'll get dropped with a perfectly placed straight right!

I was thinking of a right uppercut.
Kpro
5/14/08 12:29:36AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Kpro

Posted by cmill21

Sure he does.

Do not rebuttal my posts with logic.
Pookie
5/14/08 12:33:55AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Kpro

Posted by cmill21

Sure he does.

Kpro
5/14/08 12:35:37AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Kpro

Posted by cmill21

Sure he does.

ncordless
5/14/08 1:27:24AM

Posted by Kpro

Some good arguments in there, more than alot of JTWW propaganda.
I don't agree with the assesment that JT needs to bang. JT needs to clinch and dirty box. Use his clinch as a defense for getting hit with clean shots while throwing some uppercuts and dummy punches when he's got the chance....

That said, I will not be picking JT. I might put some money on him as a longshot with a chance though.
loller90278
5/14/08 2:58:53AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by Kpro

I don't agree with the assesment that JT needs to bang. JT needs to clinch and dirty box. Use his clinch as a defense for getting hit with clean shots while throwing some uppercuts and dummy punches when he's got the chance....

That said, I will not be picking JT. I might put some money on him as a longshot with a chance though.

propaganda........?

NatedawgThaM
5/14/08 5:06:34AM

Posted by ncordless

WHAT??? WHAT COMPLETE NONSENSE!!! What Propaganda? Anybody who tells you JT will be the next Heavyweight champion should be taken dead serious as that is absolute fact
89vision
5/14/08 6:23:23AM
Kimbo 1st round
Twenty20Dollars
5/14/08 8:45:51AM
only way i see JT winning is if he bull rushes kimbo and gets a quick takedown and pounds him quickly.

but other wises i think kimbo will get a KO within the first two minutes, i think it will take like two or three shots and its over. a one two combo.
Franklinfan47
5/14/08 10:13:22AM
I just don't think Kimbo has more power in his hands than JT. I think JT is gonna bring the heat on him and crush him.
DCRage
5/14/08 10:48:19AM
I'm going with JT. More experience than anyone Kimbo's faced to date except for perhaps Tank, and he almost certainly won't gas quickly if the fight goes more than 2-3 minutes.
cowcatcher
5/14/08 11:23:05AM
to answer the original question, JTs mom and about 20% of his other relatives. kimbo is quickly becoming gary shaws golden goose, and i dont see him being underprepared for this fight at all, which IMO is what it would take for JT to beat him. JT has been around the block, but hes fading iinto journeyman status very quickly and i think kimbo knows that JT is dangerous in the sense that hes been there before and beaten a few pretty good fighters so im guessing this will be the best kimbo weve seen. if JT somehow secures a TD without getting KOd on the way in, it might get a little hairy for kimbo, but the odds of that are pretty slim in by book.
Jackelope
5/14/08 2:03:04PM
So who here thinks they put Kimbo up against Brett Rogers if he manages to beat JT? Brett Rogers looked halfway impressive in his win over JT
holt8081
5/15/08 6:58:15PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Kpro

Posted by cmill21

Sure he does.

bls1919
5/16/08 9:06:52PM
i cant wait until the 31st. I really enjoy watching Kimbo fight. Glad to see that he is fighting a well versed fighter in JT. i hope Kimbo wins, but i would also like to see JT take him down to actually see where Kimbo is skill wise on his back ..............or on the ground period. Slice KO 1:45 1st
Red-Dragon
5/20/08 8:57:11AM
Thinking about it JT must be really pumped for this one. Seeing as he is to be the one with the next shot at halting the Kimbo Hype Train. Would be a nice little note on the old fighting CV.

Shame he's gonna get beat up really.
Manfred
5/20/08 10:07:19AM
His only chance is to immediately shoot AND score the take down. I'm sure Kimbo has worked off his back but it's probably the aspect he's trained the least. He'll have to GnP him before they stand it up.

Other than that, this is 2008 and the year of the upset is over.
mrkennedy
5/20/08 11:36:45AM
kimbo ko him first round
imanidiot777
5/20/08 2:33:55PM
I'm picking Kimbo but I really really hope he gets violently knocked out in the first minute to shut up all of his annoying fans.
DiabloFreak56
5/21/08 11:58:35AM
JT sucks hell lose.
Rollins
5/22/08 1:15:14AM

Posted by DiabloFreak56

JT sucks hell lose.

classy
Pages: [1] 2