Can anyone beat Fedor?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Can anyone beat Fedor?
Next Page »
soundboy1
7/20/08 4:52:00PM
I had forgotten why Fedor is the baddest man on the planet. Over the last three years all I have been watching is old pride shows on FSN or the Web. To see his brand of destruction happening live is just amazing. Tim Sylvia is Definitely a falling star but I was happy to see that Fedor did not take it down even half a notch. Does anyone think he can fight at lhw? Because that's the only weight class where I can think of someone who may trouble him.(AS) Randy does not match up well with Fedor, roman-greco clinching and dirty boxing would play right into fedor's game.............................
Anyone else?
Kimbo Slice?
eyeforeigneye
7/20/08 4:55:37PM
i could beat Fedor

DJDark41
7/20/08 4:57:02PM
Kimbo? lol. As of right now, I don't think anyone can beat Fedor. That being said, he's already fought everyone there is to fight(with the exception of Randy Couture, and I don't think that would end well for Randy). So unless some new amazing heavyweight appears within the next year or so, I think Fedor is gonna stay unbeaten.
soundboy1
7/20/08 5:01:09PM
Cain Velazquez looked really good last night....In 2 years he may be tough enough to get in the ring with Fedor.
balack_o-bama
7/20/08 5:03:09PM
Spider Silva can. They should fight at 205lbs.
Twenty20Dollars
7/20/08 5:09:42PM
Barnett, Couture, Arlvoski. Those guys should fight Fedor in that order. Those 3 are the top guys that i think have a chance at beating fedor.
soundboy1
7/20/08 5:24:10PM
Barnett first? Interesting I actually think arlovski is the guy who has the best chance. I really don't think Randy's style will give him a shot in hell against Fedor. I mean remember the hype for the randy vs sylvia fights? TIm was the Immovable object and Randy was the unstoppable force.......Fedor made Tim Sylvia look like he was trying out for the IFL....
And of course if they could make a silva vs fedor fight then all bets are off!
Also I would like to say as a longtime Pride fan, Are you UFC guys done yet? What exactly will it take to prove to them that Pride kept MMA alive while Dana was rebuilding.....I know Fedor hasn't beat Randy yet but he will and then I will ask that same question again............
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/20/08 5:31:35PM
The only man for the job is Anderson silva.
Mchubb316
7/20/08 5:47:48PM
I don't think there is a guy out there right now that can beat Fedor. Randy, AA, Barnett, Nog, CroCop, or any other HW for that matter. He is too good, and will remain the top HW until he retires in my opinion.
Twenty20Dollars
7/20/08 5:54:22PM
Im not saying those guys are going to beat fedor, but those are the guys that have the best chance for beating him. Those 3 would all be good match ups. Im just not a fedor fan.

Anderson vs Fedor will not happen because of the weight difference will cause too much contraversy. Unless silva wins, but if silva looses then most people will say it's because of the weight difference. I mean if they fight at 205, you got a huge guy and smaller guy.
Pitbull09
7/20/08 5:54:42PM
Fedor pretty much wiped out his division. Any challenge he would have to wait on like up coming prospects who need to improve; Shawn Carwin, Cain, Brock Lesnar. Did Fedor fight Werdum also?
Anyways, Fedor will end up fighting AA, Barnett again, and hopefully Couture. From there, he might want to rethink the UFC as younger HW's are developing in there, (not to mention that Chuck said he would fight him at HW).
Also, Kimbo was the worse suggestion, we already had to waste like 6 months on that big overhyped Korean that Fedor destroyed.
Aaronno9
7/20/08 5:57:50PM

Posted by soundboy1

Also I would like to say as a longtime Pride fan, Are you UFC guys done yet?

Done with what exactly?
jomatty
7/20/08 6:10:45PM

Posted by balack_o-bama

Spider Silva can. They should fight at 205lbs.

why in the world would fedor cut weight when he is the most dominant hw in the history of the sport. people go up weight when they want to challenge themselves, they dont drop down.

not only that but the two guys walk around at essentially the same weight. fedor obviously doesnt cut so all they need to do to have a fight at a similar weight is have anderson not cut weight at all. the guys are similarly sized so the only reason that the fight would happen at 205 is because it would give anderson an advantage because he is use to and better at cutting weight. considering he walks around at over 220 pounds and is essentially the same size as fedor that seems very very silly.
jomatty
7/20/08 6:12:20PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Fedor pretty much wiped out his division. Any challenge he would have to wait on like up coming prospects who need to improve; Shawn Carwin, Cain, Brock Lesnar. Did Fedor fight Werdum also?
Anyways, Fedor will end up fighting AA, Barnett again, and hopefully Couture. From there, he might want to rethink the UFC as younger HW's are developing in there, (not to mention that Chuck said he would fight him at HW).
Also, Kimbo was the worse suggestion, we already had to waste like 6 months on that big overhyped Korean that Fedor destroyed.

he hasnt fought barnett yet...that is his most interesting matchup. the only other guy who might be able to give him a tough time if he works really hard for the next couple years is...dare i say...brock...flame away./
FrankTheTank1181
7/20/08 7:03:13PM
Fedor vs. Couture: Randy shoots for a takedown and succeds. A little GnP from Randy and then Fedor leaves with one of limbs. Fedor is just a bad matchup for Randy.
SpiderSilva
7/20/08 7:20:46PM
NO ONE CAN BEAT FEDOR end of story

he beat one of the few guys out there that was left we seen a vary motivated Fedor and now know the level of differance between he and the rest he is really the Tiger woods of MMA

- Fedor

-top 10 fighers

-the rest
MMA4EVER
7/20/08 7:38:56PM
Mirko CroCop Flipovic is the only heavyweight that has a chance at stopping fedor look wat he did to him in thier first fight
tylerlee123
7/20/08 7:41:02PM
I think Either Couture, Arlovski, Barnett, or Lesnar with time, and you minds well say Forrest Griffin baby since he's been beating the best, Imagine hahaha
Gipper
7/20/08 8:13:01PM
fedor has 3 more big challenges couture, arlovski and barnett.
CCPRIDE99
7/20/08 9:34:25PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

NO ONE CAN BEAT FEDOR end of story

he beat one of the few guys out there that was left we seen a vary motivated Fedor and now know the level of differance between he and the rest he is really the Tiger woods of MMA

idc who you are talking about
NO fighter is unbeatable
not one
anderson is beatable
fedor is beatable
kimbo is beatable
valasquez is beatable
carwin is beatable
gsp is beatable
etc

NOBODY is unbeatable in this sport
some are extremely difficult to beat some are great and some are undefeated
but NOBODY is unbeatable
cmill21
7/20/08 11:06:12PM
Lesnar is so far behind it's not even funny. He has great wrestling and strength, Fedor his hard, trains with K-1 champs, is a sambo world champ, has incredible ringman ship, makes guys with great wrestling regret they ever got near him, and guys with great stand up look mediocure, I don't think Lesnar can catch him skill wise. I always thought a striker could, but then I saw Cro Cop, Semmy, Tim, HMC and Hunt fail (just so you know thats 4 K-1 fighters, and 3 that are some of the BOAT).
Jackelope
7/20/08 11:18:19PM
Are people really saying Lesnar can beat Fedor?

Will somebody somewhere please tell me what this man has EVER done to convince anyone he's legit? Let alone legit enough to beat Fedor. He beat Min Soo Kim who is 3-6. 3 and 6!!!

Before anyone posts something about "beating on Frank Mir before getting subbed" take a look at the fights Frank Mir has had. Most of his opponents have beat on him before getting subbed. Between Tim Sylvia, Tank Abbott, and your boy Brock Lesnar there's been no change. Just like Antonio Noguiera. Some jiu jitsu fighters lull you to sleep or right into a broken arm. (I'm looking at you Tim Sylvia) That's their style. Lesnar got beat- quit crying over spilled milk and accept it.

He's 31 years old. He doesn't have much "development" left.

Where the @#% is the negative props button
Naturaldisaster
7/20/08 11:24:00PM
I think anderson could give him a great fight. fedor would have to cut and anderson step up in weight. it wouldnt happen though because of the interpromotional problems. but I think he could possibly beat fedor. and my friend and I were talkin and we both agree that if you give him 2 or 3 more years, brock lesner could give fedor problems, I really do think he could beat him in a few years
Jackelope
7/20/08 11:42:38PM
This is going to sound mean, but I'm just gonna let it out there.

What does Brock Lesnar bring to the table that Mark Coleman didn't in his prime when he fought Fedor? Mark Coleman was freakishly strong, and has even better wrestling credentials. Granted he was a little bit older than Lesnar, but he made up for that by leaps and bounds in experience.

Another opponent who was freakishly strong and has similar wrestling credentials- Kevin Randleman. Not to mention Randleman's standup was and always will be years and years ahead of Lesnar's. Also, Randleman's explosiveness in my opinion has yet to be matched by anyone in MMA outside of Fedor himself. When Randleman exploded on somebody it was scary.

So again, I ask the Lesnar lovers who have been seduced by the throbbing chest cock what this man has done in 2 fights with a 1-1 record to even suggest that he'll ever come close to touching Fedor?
Jackelope
7/20/08 11:44:56PM
And by the way- I'm not one of those people who think nobody will ever beat Fedor. Anybody can get caught by a lucky punch. I am just firmly against the idea that it's possible by a man who's only MMA credential is beating MIN SOO KIM (3-6, people... 3-6)
MMA4EVER
7/20/08 11:54:04PM
let fedor fight CROCOP again and everyone will see fedor s first ko loss im telling u crocop is the only heavyweight that can stop fedor
Pitbull09
7/21/08 12:09:35AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by soundboy1

Also I would like to say as a longtime Pride fan, Are you UFC guys done yet?

Done with what exactly?

Like Cro Cop was done with the UFC
soundboy1
7/21/08 12:10:27AM
The only heavyweight for sure. The only other person on the planet with the skills to beat Fedor is Anderson Silva. The thing is those two guys are gamers! They would totally fight if there were any justice in the fight game...
soundboy1
7/21/08 12:14:45AM
Crocop's ankle was battered when Dana signed him. (From the Fedor fight) I was never a big Crocop fan anyway but my whole point was that the two uncontested p4p fighters in the world are ex-pride fighters. I know UFC vs Pride has been beat to death and I regret the flaming.
Pitbull09
7/21/08 12:22:29AM

Posted by jomatty

Posted by Pitbull09

he hasnt fought barnett yet...that is his most interesting matchup. the only other guy who might be able to give him a tough time if he works really hard for the next couple years is...dare i say...brock...flame away./

Really, how the heck did they both fight in Pride and it never happened? My bad though

EDIT- "Really, how the heck did they both not fight in Pride and it never happened? My bad though"

Forgot to add "not" in there
Pages: [1] 2