Is there anyone that you think could beat Bruce Lee?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Is there anyone that you think could beat Bruce Lee?
POLL: Would anyone beat Bruce Lee?
Yes 77% (40)
No 15% (8)
Maybe 8% (4)
Taylor8766
8/20/08 12:56:51PM
I was just wondering your thoughts on this topic, Bruce Lee is argueably the creator of MMA, without him there would be no UFC, no Affliction or any other orgs. He taught the ever famous Chuck Norris, and was argueably the best fighter to ever fight. Now that MMA has evolved so much over the years, and has emerged some of the greatest fighters ever(GSP, Silva, Fedor, Penn etc.) do you think that the fighters of today would have had any shot against Bruce Lee.
cowcatcher
8/20/08 1:00:20PM
not again!!!!
grappler0000
8/20/08 1:09:43PM
I know Lee is often called the grandfather of MMA, but it should be noted that hybrid fighting was around before Lee. For instance, Sambo was developed long before JKD was on the map.

I also find it difficult to believe that Lee had anything to do with the birth of the UFC. The UFC was initially style vs style and was basically an infomercial for BJJ...the Gracie family had been setting up these sort of fights for decades. The growth that saw the UFC transform into MMA was just a natural progression...Darwinism if you will.
Raykill
8/20/08 3:04:11PM
I think the firghter that would have the best chance at beating him would be Sig Sauer
Rush
8/20/08 3:25:54PM
I will try to put this debate to rest.

Throughout history there are fighters from all disciplines of fighting (boxing, MMA, wrestling, etc) and 99% or more have been beat by someone in their career. Likewise, the person that beat them was bested one or more times. Nobody is invincible and fighting arts/styles/fighter sizes/etc. are so diverse and unpredicatable, there is always something/someone that will be better than something/someone else, but never everything else.
seanfu
8/20/08 4:52:53PM
Dude Bruce Lee was a bad bitch. But let's be serious here, most amatures with any type of striking competance could kick his ass. Oh look I pulled guard WOOOOW. Oh look I got a single leg and didn't get wing tsunged, WOOOW

Bruce Lee was a physical beast but has no place in a cage. Had he been known for his wrestling or grappling, short of his whole arsenal of flying armbars and heel hooks, he may have had a shot.
SpiderSilva
8/20/08 5:10:10PM
What great about Bruce Lee is his Legecy will never be tarnished he solidified himself as a legend
Kracker_Jap
8/20/08 5:25:12PM
May the ghost of Bruce Lee haunt all the Haters
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Ben_Hutch
8/20/08 7:52:41PM
bigbubbano23
8/20/08 8:00:00PM
chuck noriss failed to best lee in the chinese connection.

my thoughts on the lee situation is he was one of the best of (his time) not to be compared with fighters of our time. because it is not fair to compare people who have opportunities that were not offered to fighters of different generations.
rabbit915
8/20/08 8:45:09PM
I think the key arguement here is that the guy weighed like 125. Im not saying that i could take him but someone that is a trained fighter and has 100 pounds on him? Id take that bet.
Ben_Hutch
8/21/08 1:50:29AM
JohnnyNapalm
8/21/08 2:26:36PM
A couple thoughts on the subject...

When Chuck lost to Lee in the most epic and best martial arts fight in cinema history he was BEARDLESS.

Chuck Norris with a seasoned beard (and cowboy boots) is an absolute Joe Rogan level ANIMAL... Chuck takes the rematch via spinning heel kick to Lee's head which would likely fall off 'cause he's dead.

Bruce would've been a tough guy to deal with in the early days of the Octagon. He hated to lose and I think he would've pulled out all the stops to ensure victory. Biting, eye gouging, fish hooking, sackin', whatever - he would've used it. Afterall, that's what JKD taught - use what works. Playing by the rules? A dude with Royce's skill set would've likely owned him.
Boo_Radley21
8/21/08 11:54:19PM
hahahaha this is like the 19th time I've seen this question since joining this site.

And also, whats with the golden O.J?

Pitbull09
8/22/08 1:05:38AM
I know Bruce Lee is awesome but this topic is really a joke. Lee wouldnt stand a chance with the fighters we have today and no fighter is "unbeatable."

Seperate the cool fighting action movies Lee is in and look at his real life. You will understand that Lee was more a philosipher for fighting rather than a unbeatable fighter.

That isn't disrespecting him at all, that is simply separating the man from the myth

This topic-
Bruce Lee-
Pitbull09
8/22/08 1:09:40AM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm
Bruce would've been a tough guy to deal with in the early days of the Octagon. He hated to lose and I think he would've pulled out all the stops to ensure victory. Biting, eye gouging, fish hooking, sackin', whatever - he would've used it. Afterall, that's what JKD taught - use what works. Playing by the rules? A dude with Royce's skill set would've likely owned him.

Thats another good point too. Bruce Lee's style encouraged doing "anything" to win therefore its far from MMA today. If a fighters got Lee's back, Lee said the first thing to do would be to bite his arm. That may be very effective but in MMA it will simply disqualify you.
Ben_Hutch
8/22/08 1:10:47AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

hahahaha this is like the 19th time I've seen this question since joining this site.

And also, whats with the golden O.J?

I took that picture at the NFL Hall of Fame, I think he could beat Bruce Lee.
ncordless
8/22/08 2:23:31AM
I don't know, how good was Bruce Lee's sprawl?
Drudinh
8/23/08 7:57:33AM
bruce will come back and be better with new skills from the dea. he has been training hardcore and will dominate.
haggiswashere
9/8/08 4:53:19AM
bruce lee once said he the only guy he was afraid to fight was muhammad ali. so thats who i pick!!!!
haggiswashere
9/8/08 4:54:35AM
oh my 77%?! bruce lee is the god of martial arts!!!! you guys are stupid!
fedorwins1
9/8/08 10:14:30AM
Bruce Lee is a revolutionary in the martial arts world, but an MMA fighter he was not. The MMA fighters today are to advanced and EVERYTHING has evolved since then. Just take a look at this video of Bruce Lee training.

Bruce Lee boxing on heavybag
haggiswashere
9/8/08 4:37:26PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Bruce Lee is a revolutionary in the martial arts world, but an MMA fighter he was not. The MMA fighters today are to advanced and EVERYTHING has evolved since then. Just take a look at this video of Bruce Lee training.

yeah buts it's not like he would haven't changed his game up a little to include the ground!!
fedorwins1
9/8/08 9:07:32PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by fedorwins1

yeah buts it's not like he would haven't changed his game up a little to include the ground!!

Wow, I'm not even going to argue with you over this one...
haggiswashere
9/8/08 9:38:00PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by fedorwins1

Wow, I'm not even going to argue with you over this one...

haha ok im sorrry the exlamation was a little extreme. I love bruce lee though. He is the reason people started payin attention to martial arts
fedorwins1
9/11/08 3:48:53PM

Posted by haggiswashere
He is the reason people started payin attention to martial arts

I totally agree with you on this one. He made so many people want to join a martial arts class, I know he made me want to do it. Now after some years of doing martial arts I know it's all because Bruce Lee inspired me to do it.