POLL: Who's Gonna Win The Cup?
Red Wings 38% (9)
Stars 0% (0)
Penguins 33% (8)
Flyers 8% (2)
Other 21% (5)
EON
4/30/08 9:46:03PM
Pittsburgh Penguins 4-1 beat the Rangers (8-1 playoffs)

Philadelphia Flyers 4-1 beat the Habs (8-4 playoffs)

Dallas Stars 4-2 against the Sharks (8-4 playoffs)

Detroit Red Wings 4-0 sweep of the Avalanche (8-2 playoffs)

The Penguins are a shoe in for the Semi Finals since teams who go 3 games under in the semi's are (2-148) in NHL history, and the Habs are a little too far behind to comeback as well. This is one of the best rivalries in the NHL and your likely to see just as many Pens jerseys and Flyers jerseys

[Side Note] ...Detroit Vs Dallas is also a battle of great rivals and both teams are dominating there series 3-0 in the quarter finals, I gotta go with the Red Wings in game 6 or 7. And the Pens are just on some kinda streak dominating in almost all periods of all 7 games they'd played, and I see them facing the Red Wings for the Cup.

---------------------------
1) Detroit Red Wings [3-0]
vs
5) Dallas Stars [0-3]

2) Pittsburgh Penguins [2-0]
vs
6) Philadelphia Flyers [2-0]
----------------------------
iwannabesedated
4/30/08 9:56:44PM
LETS GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!

8 out of the last 10 teams to start off 7-0 in the playoffs have the won the cup.

I think the Pens shouldnt have a problem finishing off NY and Beating either MTL or Filthadelphia...

I'm thinking Pens over Dallas in 5 for the Cup.

LETS GO PENS!!!!!
EON
4/30/08 10:02:11PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I think the Pens shouldnt have a problem finishing off NY and Beating either MTL or Filthadelphia...

LETS GO PENS!!!!!

MTL has little to no chance, there 1-3
PHL will be mauled by the Pens in the Semi's I agree

But Detroit pretty much dominated the Stars in the regular season so I cant see them beating the Wings unless it goes 7 games.

Pens Vs Wings will be insane, and it will go 7 games, both teams = too good.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/1/08 12:16:53PM
WAR PENS!
iwannabesedated
5/1/08 3:41:05PM

Posted by EON

LETS GO PENS!!!!!

MTL has little to no chance, there 1-3
PHL will be mauled by the Pens in the Semi's I agree

But Detroit pretty much dominated the Stars in the regular season so I cant see them beating the Wings unless it goes 7 games.

Pens Vs Wings will be insane, and it will go 7 games, both teams = too good.

Yeah But NYR beat on the Pens in the Regular season.The Pens were 0-3-1 in Madison Square Garden and look at the series..Although i dont get to watch to much West Conf. Teams..i Normally catch highlights and read online..But I dunno...Either way im pulling for my Pens man.Red Wings Vs Pens will be like Senior Citizens Vs Youth..LOL...Im just feelin its the Pens year..Hopefully i didnt just curse the team.
jiujitsufreak74
5/1/08 3:46:06PM
Sid the Kid...Osgood is playing lights out, but the Penguins have so much explosiveness that i think they could take them. DET vs PIT in finals, PIT wins in 7.
Aaronno9
5/2/08 7:11:54AM
I think new york might steal the next two games back, the pens haven't faired against the rangers away this season. I think the pens will take it in game 6, take out the flyers the beat detroit in the final.
iwannabesedated
5/2/08 2:16:14PM
got tickets off Ebay for sundays game in the Burgh.

LETS GO PENS!!!
EON
5/3/08 9:06:59AM
lol at people that picked "other" for the cup, where are the Habs fans saying its not over there only down 1-3 and that they were gonna stomp all over the Flyers in the beginning of this series? lol

I've always been a Red Wings fan so I gotta stick with em even more after the domination Colorado, the Stars are also starting to look bad I'm not so sure they beat the Sharks anymore if they do I think they'll last 6 games with the Red Wings, but the pennsylvania rivalry is one of the biggest in hockey, there will be an equal amount of each fans in the stands which is always sick to watch.
89vision
5/3/08 10:45:34PM
habs.....gone, yessss

im from san jose so i hope the sharks can still pull it off, sorry ts i was one of the 4 that voted for other, i think they can do it....maybe
EON
5/4/08 11:03:22PM
Its now official, the battle of pennsylvania is on, i think i'm gonna get some tickets for that series as well as the cup finals

SEMI FINALS

(west)
1) Red Wings [3-0]
5) Stars [0-3]

(east)
2) Penguins [2-0]
6) Flyers [0-2]

STANLEY CUP FINALS

(west)
Detroit Red Wings >probable<

(east)
?
EON
5/13/08 5:00:39AM
detroit is making dallas look like high schoolers, they will win the cup

WAR WINGS
Rush
5/13/08 9:43:30AM
I thought the Sharks were going to win the cup, but since they are out now, I don't think any team in the semis will be able to hang with the Wings.... unless of course both Hasek and Osgood are out with injury, but even then, their defense corps is strong.

The Pens are pretty much set to dominate if they have a solid goaltender. That is the only piece of the puzzle they are missing. If they had (or could get) that, then they would probably be looking at a cup legacy for a few years.

Pens and Wings in final. Wings in 5
iwannabesedated
5/14/08 4:26:59PM

Posted by Rush

I thought the Sharks were going to win the cup, but since they are out now, I don't think any team in the semis will be able to hang with the Wings.... unless of course both Hasek and Osgood are out with injury, but even then, their defense corps is strong.

The Pens are pretty much set to dominate if they have a solid goaltender. That is the only piece of the puzzle they are missing. If they had (or could get) that, then they would probably be looking at a cup legacy for a few years.

Fleury is a solid as you can get in the net are you serious Goaltending is not a missing piece and Conklin was as good as anyone in the regular season.Fleury is 11-1 so far in the playoffs and has the 2nd best GAA. only behind Osgood and second in Save % behind the Goalie from Nashville who hasnt played since rd 1 also he has 2 shutouts and more wins than any other Goalie still playing.

IFwe manage to wrap Up Philly (i never look ahead) and if/when we meet Detroit i think we'll Beat them as well..The Pens are faster,more Physical,Youger,Better Special Teams and Better D than the Wings and i could argue our goaltending is just as good as the Wings.

War Pens!!!!!!!!

If they fall short i'm still happy...Eastern Conference champs also has a nice ring to it.

Pens over Wings in 5.
89vision
5/14/08 4:51:02PM

Posted by Rush

Fleury is a solid as you can get in the net are you serious Goaltending is not a missing piece and Conklin was as good as anyone in the regular season.Fleury is 11-1 so far in the playoffs and has the 2nd best GAA. only behind Osgood and second in Save % behind the Goalie from Nashville who hasnt played since rd 1 also he has 2 shutouts and more wins than any other Goalie still playing.

IFwe manage to wrap Up Philly (i never look ahead) and if/when we meet Detroit i think we'll Beat them as well..The Pens are faster,more Physical,Youger,Better Special Teams and Better D than the Wings and i could argue our goaltending is just as good as the Wings.

War Pens!!!!!!!!

If they fall short i'm still happy...Eastern Conference champs also has a nice ring to it.

Pens over Wings in 5.

Penguins > Flyers at everything
Wings > Stars at everything

this leads me to believe it will be close, the pens have youth and explosiveness, while the wings have experience, a better goaltender and puck control on there side, gonna be a sick Stanley Cup Finals, my team is out so i just want a good series
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/14/08 5:38:28PM
I actually put 150$ on the wings at the start of playoffs.
Aaronno9
5/14/08 10:29:46PM
Nice to see dallas are going to get at least one win. Itd be pretty funny if it dallas and the philly came back from 3 down and both made it to the finals. I bet you could get some pretty nice odds on that at this point.
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/15/08 8:06:36AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Nice to see dallas are going to get at least one win. Itd be pretty funny if it dallas and the philly came back from 3 down and both made it to the finals. I bet you could get some pretty nice odds on that at this point.

you would get killer odds lol, would be worth nothing for the Stars will get dominated in the 5th and final game in detroit, and phily will lose a hard fought 60 mins to the Pittsburgh powerhouse. After that, Detroit takes it all home and i'll be about 2k richer
Rush
5/15/08 11:25:30AM

Fleury is a solid as you can get in the net are you serious Goal tending is not a missing piece and Conklin was as good as anyone in the regular season. Fleury is 11-1 so far in the playoffs and has the 2nd best GAA. only behind Osgood and second in Save % behind the Goalie from Nashville who hasnt played since rd 1 also he has 2 shutouts and more wins than any other Goalie still playing.

Come on man, you can't use one season's playoff statistics to gauge a goalie's performance. Look at Fleury's NHL stats over his 3 seasons with the Pens

year/GP/GAA/%
2003-2004 / 21 / 3.64 / .896
2005-2006 / 50 / 3.25 / .898
2006-2007 / 67 / 2.83 / .906
2007-2008 / 35 / 2.33 / .921

His stats are not that great. This season was pretty decent, but he didn't play that many games. Also, his stats have curiously gotten better since Hossa and Malkin joined Crosby on the team.

He may develop into a solid goaltender, but against a team as methodical as the Wings, I think they stand only a small chance.

As for Dallas winning, I am happy they won one because I have Wings in 5 in my pool.
iwannabesedated
5/15/08 12:38:47PM

Posted by Rush

Fleury is a solid as you can get in the net are you serious Goal tending is not a missing piece and Conklin was as good as anyone in the regular season. Fleury is 11-1 so far in the playoffs and has the 2nd best GAA. only behind Osgood and second in Save % behind the Goalie from Nashville who hasnt played since rd 1 also he has 2 shutouts and more wins than any other Goalie still playing.

Come on man, you can't use one season's playoff statistics to gauge a goalie's performance. Look at Fleury's NHL stats over his 3 seasons with the Pens

year/GP/GAA/%
2003-2004 / 21 / 3.64 / .896
2005-2006 / 50 / 3.25 / .898
2006-2007 / 67 / 2.83 / .906
2007-2008 / 35 / 2.33 / .921

His stats are not that great. This season was pretty decent, but he didn't play that many games. Also, his stats have curiously gotten better since Hossa and Malkin joined Crosby on the team.

He may develop into a solid goaltender, but against a team as methodical as the Wings, I think they stand only a small chance.

As for Dallas winning, I am happy they won one because I have Wings in 5 in my pool.

UH yeah look at your numbers...Hes gotten better every year.The Geritol wings stand no chance.

Plus His first 2 seasons we were amongst the worst teams in the league... BUt it reallty doesnt matter what his past numbers are so thats why didnt mention them as you did...This is the present not the past and hes gotten better every year...
Rush
5/15/08 12:47:00PM

UH yeah look at your numbers...Hes gotten better every year.The Geritol wings stand no chance.

Plus His first 2 seasons we were amongst the worst teams in the league... BUt it reallty doesnt matter what his past numbers are so thats why didnt mention them as you did...This is the present not the past and hes gotten better every year...

But his numbers are still not great and you cannot judge any goalie as being great or not great based on a single playoff performance.

iwannabesedated
5/15/08 1:14:28PM

Posted by Rush

But his numbers are still not great and you cannot judge any goalie as being great or not great based on a single playoff performance.

Im not a making a point and saying hes the best goalie in the world or anything.But he has been more than solid enough this playoff season to win a cup especially how well the pens play 2 way hockey this season.Im really lovin the NJ Trap scheme they have been running lately but they seem to improvise more than NJ did and instead of just waiting for a turnover they attack more..Their D is helping out Fleury but blocking alot of shots and trapping the other teams.Fleury biggest weakness is the garabge goals the goals where theres traffic in front the net and something get shoveled in.When teams crash the net it seems to get to him.But im not saying hes great just yet...His Play THIS playoff year has Been Stellar.But honestly if Philly would pull out 4 i a row over Pittsburgh either one will beat the Wings..The east IMO is just alot better than the west...The west Detroit was just way ahead of everyone and the east was a battle till the end.Because the competition is just greater...When i watch West conference teams its like they play ion slo-mo old fashioned hockey.

Oh and not to be a dick..but why is it leafs and not Leaves...
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/15/08 1:20:20PM
Wings>Pens
iwannabesedated
5/15/08 1:59:46PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Wings>Pens

Pens>Habs
Rush
5/15/08 2:51:18PM

Im not a making a point and saying hes the best goalie in the world or anything.But he has been more than solid enough this playoff season to win a cup especially how well the pens play 2 way hockey this season.Im really lovin the NJ Trap scheme they have been running lately but they seem to improvise more than NJ did and instead of just waiting for a turnover they attack more..Their D is helping out Fleury but blocking alot of shots and trapping the other teams.Fleury biggest weakness is the garabge goals the goals where theres traffic in front the net and something get shoveled in.When teams crash the net it seems to get to him.But im not saying hes great just yet...His Play THIS playoff year has Been Stellar.But honestly if Philly would pull out 4 i a row over Pittsburgh either one will beat the Wings..The east IMO is just alot better than the west...The west Detroit was just way ahead of everyone and the east was a battle till the end.Because the competition is just greater...When i watch West conference teams its like they play ion slo-mo old fashioned hockey.

The East appears to play more fast and harder hockey than the West, but the way I look at it is if the Wings make it past the second round, they are likely going to win it. Remember when JSG was rocking for the Ducks, then the Wings just killed them in the final. The final is going to come down to whether the Wings can make the Pens play their game or vice versa. I just think the Wings have more experience and depth and they'll be making the Pens play their game. However, I understand you are watching the games with your Penguins glasses on.

I've watched a bit of the Pens Flyers series and it seems that the Flyers are turning over a lot of pucks and focusing too much on checking (what else would you expect from Philly though) lol

As for the Leafs. I don't know. I've heard some some theories about the war or the symbol on our flag, but honestly, I don't know the truth. My guess is that it comes from "Maple Leaf" meaning the actual symbol on the Canadian flag, i.e. "Maple Leaf" is considered to be a single word. I don't know. It's just speculation

One could ask where the Penguins got their name too.

Wings in 5

iwannabesedated
5/15/08 2:55:08PM

Posted by Rush

The East appears to play more fast and harder hockey than the West, but the way I look at it is if the Wings make it past the second round, they are likely going to win it. Remember when JSG was rocking for the Ducks, then the Wings just killed them in the final. The final is going to come down to whether the Wings can make the Pens play their game or vice versa. I just think the Wings have more experience and depth and they'll be making the Pens play their game. However, I understand you are watching the games with your Penguins glasses on.

I've watched a bit of the Pens Flyers series and it seems that the Flyers are turning over a lot of pucks and focusing too much on checking (what else would you expect from Philly though) lol

As for the Leafs. I don't know. I've heard some some theories about the war or the symbol on our flag, but honestly, I don't know the truth. My guess is that it comes from "Maple Leaf" meaning the actual symbol on the Canadian flag, i.e. "Maple Leaf" is considered to be a single word. I don't know. It's just speculation

One could ask where the Penguins got their name too.

Wings in 5

Penguins nickname was inspired by the fact that the team was going to play in the "Igloo", the nickname of the Pittsburgh Civic Arena now the Mellon arena the logo was chosen that had a penguin in front of a triangle, which symbolized the "Golden Triangle" of downtown Pittsburgh."So its logical name i guess even though the only penguins youll see are at the zoo.Its more sensible than the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Pens Glasses,Nut-hugging whatever you can call it..Im passionate man and i want to see them win..Detroit will be a helluva test and i say it atleast goes 6 games either way im happy with this season.
Rush
5/15/08 3:17:55PM

Pens Glasses,Nut-hugging whatever you can call it..Im passionate man and i want to see them win..Detroit will be a helluva test and i say it atleast goes 6 games either way im happy with this season.

Of course you are passionate and that's great. At least you've had something to be passionate about lately.

The only thing I've been passionate about with hockey is complaining about how poorly managed the Leafs are.

As for the "glasses," I'm just messing with you. It's all part of the playoffs man.
Aaronno9
5/15/08 3:27:37PM
Fleury might not be the best goalie in the league, he might not even be top 5 but he still does a good job, and hes getting better.

Way i see it, even if the pens loose against the wings its still a conference title and just making it to the final is an achievement in itself for a side as young as the pens. Im happy either way, im just glad ive got the pens to follow becouse my football/soccer team has had one of the most abysmal seasons since i can remember.
iwannabesedated
5/15/08 3:50:10PM

Posted by Rush

As for the "glasses," I'm just messing with you. It's all part of the playoffs man.

Nah man its all good..I was at game 5 against the Rangers.Before the game we tailgate cook some burgers and hot dogs on the grill and drink a few beers..Theres 2 guys come walking by and we offered them some food cause we had alot.And they declined the food but asked to take a picture of us..They said they were canadian and have never seen people tailgate before a hockey game before..I found that rather amusing.

If all works out i should be attending a cup finals game.I found a nice connection for tickets with good seats..I got pics from that game 5 i went to on myspace if anyone cares to check em out.
pv3Hpv3p
5/15/08 4:26:00PM
OOps
Pages: [1] 2