9/9/09 1:57:45PM
You know the rules.

---------------------------

THE BEATLES

vs.

THE ROLLING STONES
Playground_Samurai
9/9/09 2:07:14PM
Both legendary bands, but I personally have to choose The Beatles. Sympathy For The Devil and Cocaine Eyes are my favorite Rolling Stones songs but, I couldn't name two of my favorite Beatles songs cause I love alot more of them equally.

Metallica

VS

Guns N Roses
emfleek
9/9/09 2:15:40PM
Tough one, but I'll have to go with Metallica. GnR has a handful of classics but Metallica has a sh'load of 'em.

THE BAND

VS.

CREAM
AchillesHeel
9/9/09 2:39:09PM
emfleek
9/9/09 2:54:44PM
Oh, man...how can you take Cream over the Band? I understand the fact that Clapton is a God, but The Band was just f'ing phenomenal.
emfleek
9/9/09 2:55:01PM
Definitely The Pixies over SY.
The_Metal_Maniac
9/9/09 3:19:23PM
The Rolling Stones

Guns N' Roses ( Easiest selection of all)

Cream - Jack,Ginger, and Eric three of the best craftsman at their respective instruments.

Cream vs. Rush would be a good one.

Stone Temple Pilots vs. Alice In Chains
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/9/09 3:30:21PM
The wins in these battle have a pretty huge margin in my likeness department, cept for beatles vs stones

1- The Stones, only because i own all of their released albums (including vinyls) cause I also love the beatles

2-Metallica kicks Gn'R's ass any day of the week IMO. Harder music, Harder attitude and better musicians (the orignial members) again IMO

3-The band, cause they're canadian!!!! haha no really just cause i never was a big fan of clapton's (cream) and always found he was kind of overrated and well i only really like one cream song wich is sunshine of your love...ok yeah rumblin' and tumblin' is pretty good too. Thing is i'm a big big fan of The Band and own every CD from Music From Big Pink to The Last Waltz. oh and Robbie Robertson

4-The Pixies wins this one without even a challenge IMO. I admit I only own Surfer Rosa but Sonic Youth just never ever did it for me...at times just a bunch of weird noise put together (most of the time)

5-Alice In Chains...although not being a big fan of them or the whole 'grungy' type movement, i'm an even less bigger fan of scott weiland's... I kind of despies the guy.
AchillesHeel
9/9/09 3:45:57PM

Posted by emfleek

Oh, man...how can you take Cream over the Band?

Hey man, if you ain't prepared for the answer, don't be askin' the question.

I think I'd take Alice In Chains over STP.

---

Dead Kennedys

or Public Enemy?

emfleek
9/9/09 3:50:05PM
PUSH...not a fan of either.
higdon10
9/9/09 4:35:00PM
Alice In Chains > STP
DJDark41
9/9/09 6:04:04PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Dead Kennedys

or Public Enemy?

All I have to say is, YEAAAAAAA BOIIIIIII!

D0wnUnd6e6r
9/9/09 6:16:03PM
DK!!! DK!!! DK!!! DK!!!

The_Metal_Maniac
9/9/09 7:35:11PM
Public Enemy on the grounds that they were the first hip hop act of that kind. Punk bands were a dime a dozen, granted many didn't have such a smart politically drive front man like Jello Biafra.

The question should be in your opinion who makes more sense Chuck D or Jello Biafra.

CanadianCripplr
9/10/09 6:33:58PM
1 is the stones cause of their long lives , fan of neither really
2 Not even close....Metallica
3 The Band
4 the pixies
5 Alice in Chains
6 PE, tho really not into either
7 I like Priest but love Maiden. Maiden easy choice for me...

lets get some 80s hair metal bands for us 80s headbangers....
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/10/09 6:44:31PM

Posted by CanadianCripplr

1 is the stones cause of their long lives , fan of neither really
2 Not even close....Metallica
3 The Band
4 the pixies
5 Alice in Chains
6 PE, tho really not into either
7 I like Priest but love Maiden. Maiden easy choice for me...

lets get some 80s hair metal bands for us 80s headbangers....

ooooooooooouuuuuuuhhhh such a difficult choice there... Maiden takes it though...better live show and better musicians.

Maaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiden
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/10/09 6:48:53PM
Aight I got another one.

Ozzy Osbourne w/ Randy Rhodes

or

Ozzy Osbourne w/ Zakk Wylde

Easy choice for me, going with Ozzy with Rhodes
CanadianCripplr
9/10/09 7:23:41PM
Almost an unfair question. I love the old stuff with RR, but ZW is a very under rated guitarist imo.
Thats tougher than Van Halen, David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar?

DLR for me...
higdon10
9/10/09 10:33:24PM

David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar?

Gotta be David Lee Roth.
emfleek
9/10/09 10:36:53PM

That depends...are we talking about which one we'd run over first with a car?
CanadianCripplr
9/11/09 1:48:39AM

Posted by emfleek

yah, I might run DLR over, but id reverse and get SH again....
emfleek
9/11/09 9:16:52AM

Posted by emfleek

yah, I might run DLR over, but id reverse and get SH again....

I'd roast the tires on both.

DJDark41
9/11/09 2:03:50PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Aight I got another one.

Ozzy Osbourne w/ Randy Rhodes

or

Ozzy Osbourne w/ Zakk Wylde

Easy choice for me, going with Ozzy with Rhodes

As much as I love Zakk Wylde, I don't think he can compare to Randy at all. If you've heard Zakk play guitar on 3 songs, you've heard EVERY SONG HE'S EVER PLAYED(with the exception of songs like Spoke In The Wheel, etc). And I can't say I've ever heard a riff by Zakk Wylde that made me just go, "Hell yeah man that is awesome!" I bet everyone here remembers the first time they heard Mr. Crowley, Suicide Solution, and Crazy Train. Sorry Zakk, I love your stuff, but Randy is in a league of his own as far as I'm concerned.
CanadianCripplr
9/11/09 11:55:44PM
yes, thats true. RR was on a different level. ZW does sound similar in alot of his play. I have a guitar related battle.
Yngwie Malmsteen vrs Rudolph Schenker [ scorpions ]
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
AchillesHeel
9/12/09 10:42:59AM
Never much liked '80s metal, with a few exceptions. But in keeping with the '80s theme...

U2

or The Police?

DJDark41
9/12/09 11:59:32AM
Yngwie Malmsteen for sure. Rudolf was good, but not too many people can touch Yngwie in terms of sheer talent. AND FOR ANYONE WHO IS GOING TO SAY MALMSTEEN IS JUST POINTLESS SHREDDING, [L]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFMqQj6SfJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFMqQj6SfJs[/L]

And I'll take The Police over U2. Even though The Police are really out of my "genre" of music that I listen to, whenever they come on the radio I can't turn it off. I never have a problem skipping U2.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/12/09 7:35:16PM

Posted by DJDark41

Yngwie Malmsteen for sure. Rudolf was good, but not too many people can touch Yngwie in terms of sheer talent. AND FOR ANYONE WHO IS GOING TO SAY MALMSTEEN IS JUST POINTLESS SHREDDING, [L]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFMqQj6SfJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFMqQj6SfJs[/L]

And I'll take The Police over U2. Even though The Police are really out of my "genre" of music that I listen to, whenever they come on the radio I can't turn it off. I never have a problem skipping U2.

thank for you saying exactly what i thought about yngwie, hes been one of my fav guitar players since i was like 8, as for the other one ill go with the police, i was a huge fan when i was younger but still today find myself listening to their stuff.
zephead
9/13/09 7:51:37AM

yes, thats true. RR was on a different level. ZW does sound similar in alot of his play. I have a guitar related battle.

Not fair, the better guestion would have been Yngwie vs.Uli Jon Roth He was the original guitarist is scorpions. I take Uli andday of the week
CanadianCripplr
9/13/09 2:07:58PM

Posted by zephead

Not fair, the better guestion would have been Yngwie vs.Uli Jon Roth He was the original guitarist is scorpions. I take Uli andday of the week

Actually rudolphs brother Michael and rudy were the originals. Uli replaced Michael from 74 to 78. Then Matthias Jabs entered. Hes been there since.
Id never heard of Uli, but I listened to some of his stuff, hes talented but hes no Yngwie Malmsteen. this is a cool cliplisten here
DJDark41
9/13/09 2:40:50PM

Posted by zephead

Id never heard of Uli, but I listened to some of his stuff, hes talented but hes no Yngwie Malmsteen. this is a cool cliplisten here

Beat me to it. I watched some of Uli's stuff, and he's not bad. But when you are as good as Yngwie, the competition gets thin. As far as I'm concerned there are only a few people who you can even put in the same category. Guys like Paul Gilbert, Rusty Cooley, Michael Angelo Batio, Shawn Lane and John Petrucci all come to mind.
Pages: [1] 2