Batman, Nolan, Dark Knight follow up, etc.... (read if interested..)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Batman, Nolan, Dark Knight follow up, etc.... (read if interested..)
Ordep
12/4/08 6:54:21PM

The rumor is that TDK will hit the big screen again. Director's Cut R rated version.

Also, some official words about the 3rd one are starting to come out....

Johnny Depp is tipped to play Batman villain The Riddler in the next installment of the comic book movie series.

After the huge success of The Dark Knight, which has taken $440 million at the worldwide box office, producers are confident they can convince Depp to take on Christian Bale's Batman on the big screen.

And, according to the National Enquirer, studio bosses also want Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman onboard to play another of the Caped Crusader's arch-foe, the Penguin.

The Riddler was played on the small screen in the 1960s by Frank Gorshin and in 1995 movie Batman Forever by Jim Carrey. Hoffman would be stepping into the shoes of TV and movie Penguins Burgess Meredith and Danny DeVito.

A source tells the Enquirer, "(Producers) are convinced that the role of the Riddler is perfect for Depp. Johnny's a pro. He'll be able to take direction from director Chris Nolan and still make the character his own.

"And what better Penguin is there than Philip Seymour Hoffman."

BTW: Here's a F_A_K_E, fan-made poster for the third installment. Fake? YES, but awesome too!

SmileR
12/4/08 7:20:13PM
I can't wait to see the directors cut! TDK is without doubt the best film to come out in the last 10 years.
I love batman!!
dannyfrank
12/4/08 8:02:12PM

Posted by SmileR

I can't wait to see the directors cut! TDK is without doubt the best film to come out in the last 10 years.
I love batman!!

awesome movie.

the director's cut should be disgusting! (i mean that in a good way)
juanez13
12/4/08 9:28:52PM
If both Hoffman and Depp are part of the cast for the next movie, that'd be insane!
bigbubbano23
12/4/08 9:31:59PM
they are gonna have to do some crazy stuff to top the jokers almost saw like ferry game.
dannyfrank
12/4/08 10:00:15PM
The_Metal_Maniac
12/4/08 11:42:15PM
I recently just listened to an interview with Christopher Nolan, and he said that he wasn't even sure he was doing the next film. His choosing to the next film solely reflected the next script. The rumors circulating around this film have been interesting Johnny Depp, Hoffman, and even Cher as cat woman. I think with the death of Ledger this franchise is in trouble. The sequel will never live up to The Dark Knight, and they failed to write Ledgers character off. Who would even want to try and play The Joker now. As long as they keep Robin out of this franchise and Batman's suit stays clear of nipples I'll keep watching.
Pitbull09
12/5/08 1:17:45AM

Posted by roncomanjason

I recently just listened to an interview with Christopher Nolan, and he said that he wasn't even sure he was doing the next film. His choosing to the next film solely reflected the next script. The rumors circulating around this film have been interesting Johnny Depp, Hoffman, and even Cher as cat woman. I think with the death of Ledger this franchise is in trouble. The sequel will never live up to The Dark Knight, and they failed to write Ledgers character off. Who would even want to try and play The Joker now. As long as they keep Robin out of this franchise and Batman's suit stays clear of nipples I'll keep watching.

I heard the director is even thinking if he wants to do a second movie. I dont think its a problem they didnt seal up jokers fate as its fine to do another movie without him in it. The comics didnt mix in 2-3 villians working together at the beginning. They were always seperated, unlike past films that tried to cram them all together.
Though still rumors, Depp would be a good Joker and hopefully there is no catwoman (even if it would be Angela Jolie)
MMAcca
12/5/08 1:33:46AM
Second movie ?
bojangalz
12/5/08 6:31:56AM
I'm not a comic book guy at all. And I generally have a hard time getting on board with "superhero" movies. I did enjoy TDK for the most part. It felt a little sluggish by the end, and I could have done without the DA becoming a villian. It just felt a little too late into the movie to start developing a new character. And it came off as a bit of an after thought to me.

I was blown away by Ledger though. His was a performance for the ages. I'm not sure that the next movie will be appointment viewing for me, but I'll probably peep it ones it hits blueray.
4u2nv
12/5/08 9:27:49AM
wow i can't wait for this movie. Its going to be so hard trying to get a copy for christmas since it comes out next tuesday unless i start camping out for it now.